[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline yourownfreeTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

117.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: February 16, 2010, 11:02:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

My friend told me about this site but I don't know his user name so I couldn't give him credit. You know the 250 gold chips or whatever it was for signing someone up. I feel bad about that, but I couldn't wait to see schematics and such on some metal detectors. I have been doing an internet search and have seen a few. I looked at the surfmaster PI diagram which is really basic, yet I am surprised to see so many that like its performance. I am shocked at the price of this detector. I saw a couple others as well but I am not satisfied with any one diagram as of yet. I would like to see more here on this site, the reason I have signed up. I am planning on making  a detector as it is rewarding when it works well and has features I think I might like. I will have to talk about that more later, as it is just talk now. Finding time is my biggest problem. I am thinking I like the PI detector at the moment, but lacks discriminate so. so.  I can visualize a PI detector with a slightly different frontend pulse circuit. I see they have width time that can be changed etc. but it also has a problem with eating batteries. That is where I am going to try and give the detector more life yet maintain full output and hopefully more. More later, have to post you know to become a member.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11502.msg73833.html#msg73833

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
77%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 12:27:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Yourownfree, welcome to Thunting.  I haven't built any of the detectors discussed here (I'm not technical), but I know a couple of the members who have....They're getting good results.

Hope you have fun building your detector and find some serious treasure with it when you are done.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11502.msg73846.html#msg73846

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

117.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 02:18:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

thanks. I dont think I will do any serious treasure hunting, but would be fun I guess. Maybe stick to just old towns and buildings areas I suppose. I just like to tinker with stuff. I would get bored after a while or get frustrated with the unit and have to go back to the drawing board. years ago I made several bfo types. One worked great in the air but when I took it to the grass area where the fair was, It was embarrassing to say the least. I actually found more coins on the ground by looking with my eyes. There were others there too, but i did not let on it wasn't working good. I did not have the Faraday  shield on it and the ground was just making not work at all. there was one ther that had a Dtex as I recall. And one had a compass detector. This has been over 35 years ago. The guy with the 6 knob or so compass had a pouch full of coins that were buried and not even from the carnival after only being there about 15 minutes. The coins had dirt on them. The other guy with the Dtex had squat. I know it has a lot to do with operator, but in my case the unit worked great in the air but in real life it didn't. If I built another bfo which I doubt it, but it would be different this time. For now I am sticking the PI model just for ease of experimenting with just one coil. Last time I did a two coil job, it was a nightmare. The circuit was simple but not very easy to work with. I finally gave up on it. That was about 26 years ago. So that is the last time I messed with these things building one anyway. Now I have more knowledge and know how. At least I think I do.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11502.msg73864.html#msg73864

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 07:17:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome abaord! I hope that you will find some of the schematics located on this site to be usefull. Please keep us posted about your projects! Regards, Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11502.msg73900.html#msg73900

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Luc
Silver Member

Live it is a treasure to enrich the spirit
Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher F75, Tesoro Eldorado
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 08:18:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello yourownfree,

Welcome on this forum with us.

Best wishes

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11502.msg73921.html#msg73921

Lucky Luc

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

117.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 09:46:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I will let everybody know if I build a detector even if its just a mini. I am looking at PI detectors and will do one when I can. I also had an idea that I am going to try now. Well starting now. Might take a day or two to finish. most likely a week or two. I was looking over a bfo type, and I have made them before, always the same thing and pretty much much the same results. The clue here is the inductance changes on the search head coil when in proximity to coins etc. So here is what i am going to try and I can talk about it later whether it works or not. Is to make a detector using one coil, same bfo theory almost, except there is no bfo (beat frequency oscillator). I can then set the sensitivity to be great or little. But the problem with soil will still exist, as I have not looked into that yet. I think just to get it to work first is best. so far I have two Ics I plan on using, a 74hc132 and a cd4011. It will have some frequency control, a zero output sound set, sensitivity control and volume. Also when you wind your own coils for it, it will double as an indicator as to value of your coil. So its kinda like a test instrument so you can mess around with different values and settings. I will try and discriminate, but need to get it to work first. Ok enough I am on it now, going to dig up some parts or buy, never can find the stuff when I need it.
Thanks for the welcome

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11502.msg75625.html#msg75625

Offline danwebster
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

2775.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites XLT  and  Surfmaster II
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 09:53:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome aboard, good luck with your project, sounds interesting....DW

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11502.msg75629.html#msg75629

Offline emz01
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 09:35:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

wew i want to join this thunting its just that im that poor enough i cant even eat 3 times a day if somebody wanna hunt and needing some assistant please inform me ^^

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11502.msg76126.html#msg76126

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.