[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline BodashussTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites MXT
« on: January 27, 2010, 08:14:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello and new from East Tennessee

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10899.msg69646.html#msg69646

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
77%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 08:19:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Bodashuss.......welcome to the forums.   I'm out in Arizona.   How do you like your MXT

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10899.msg69647.html#msg69647

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites MXT
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 08:59:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I don't know yet, i just purchased off Ebay used for under 700 with accessories. I am exited and hope to get is soon and also hope it works!  If  it does, and i learn to use it, I should have plenty of places to go swinging. I have 35 acres of woods Worth virgin timber in a civil war area that i am dying to check out, so wish me luck!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10899.msg69650.html#msg69650

Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
77%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 09:13:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, you've come to the right place to pick up tips and to get hints. I'd suggest browsing through the various threads not only for tips, but also for inspiration.    And don't get frustrated if you have a bit of a learning curve.   The time and effort you put into learning your machine and the proper techniques will pay off.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10899.msg69652.html#msg69652

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites MXT
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 08:47:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the warm welcome. I used to own a Garrett GTA 1000 back in 95 I think it was. Used it few times and sold it fast due to not ever finding a quarter that was intentall planted. Never got another read. We was in an old Tennessee cemetery with trees in the unmarked graves, just having a day out in the spring, and not digging on a grave, just small hits 6 inches or so. Our family farm, but civil war soilders are there with just a rock for a headstone and foot stone and more up to date on the top of the ridge. Anyway. I sold it soon, but I am getting the urge again. I probably didn't ever figure out the Garrett and it wasn't working for me. Mule shoes and Bottle caps all around a 1860 built farm house on an old tobacco plantation. Got some old covered caves and good rich bottoms. Lots of history. I heard once when i was a  safe pulled out of the bottoms while a man was plowing his field once a long time ago. He thought he was on a rock, so he pules on, and danged if it wasn't  a safe with old coins. That is all I heard about it and never mentioned to much again since it was over 25 years ago. Mosbeys Rangers used to run that Vally of panther creek raiding and robbing from what I understand.  another time I recovered an old musket caps copper pill box top. another time an arrow head, the area had a lot of log housed back in the 1800 that mulingins lived in, Squaters, hid away from the population and away from prying eyes. I just always had a felling that somewhere on the farm, the is a jar full of coins and possibly more than just one. Since no body trusted banks. Allot of them where poor in those so i don't guess money would be what you would find, but brass of the calvery horses will do..I  read the Mxt was easy to use and have been watching some Utube video's one it. Hopefully I will know something about it after it arrives. I do need a coil pad. Or for now cut up a plastic plate. Anyway, thank You again....Bodashuss!!
Quote:Posted by Bodashuss
Hello and new from East Tennessee
Tried the MXT out I bought for about an hour where I live and found an old horseshoe from the civil war era very shallow in a wash close to a creek. It also had another half horseshoe laying next to it. A few cans. To muddy to do to much, but I was pleased with the horse shoe. I took it around our community pool later and got some penny's,  nothing to old but it was working and it is new to me so I am still learning how to use it. Went to my Moms one pretty day, and there has only been a couple of pretty days around in a month or so,  anyway, I got a 1964 silver dime out of our front yard to start with. Got several 1964 nickles and a few penny's of the same era. I am sure I left allot laying because I am 54 yrs old and I was raised in that house. I know going to an from the store, there has to be tons of change from me and my two younger siblings playing in the front yard.   Across the street, is what used to be a store where people used to hang out at when I was growing up. Most every evening since i could remember it being a store, there where people and kids sitting under a big old tree in front wrestling. fighting, you name it. I am anxious to get in that yard, but I need to get permission who own it. No one is living there, and the real estate people have it for sale, but I wouldn't want to get off on the wrong foot and break any laws. I will post again if i ever get anything and if the weather ever clears up  Sad . Really looking forward to it, but for now, I guess I will take up billiards or something..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10899.msg72253.html#msg72253

Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
77%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 09:58:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Bodashuss,  I glad this round of metal detecting is starting out better for you than the 1995 round did.  The more you use that detector, the better you'll get with it, and the more you will find.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10899.msg72266.html#msg72266

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites MXT
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 10:02:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks BA I am sure it will be a much better experience with the newer technology and all. I am ready to go..Thanks...BODASHUSS

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10899.msg77971.html#msg77971

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 11:16:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome to the forum Bodashuss! Smiley Sounds like an exciting place to hunt with all that history.

I took my DFX out in the backyard while I ran the BBQ. I found a bottlecap! Was nice to get out though.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10899.msg78151.html#msg78151

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites MXT
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 02:28:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank You...Bo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10899.msg78169.html#msg78169

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.