[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline thomgloTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

FISHER 1265X - garrett gtp 1350
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 09:05:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

THANKS, SELDOM. APPRECIATE THAT LONE STAR HOSPITALITY!

TOM GLOVER

Posted on: May 09, 2011, 08:45:28 PM
HEY THERE JOHNNN WITH 3 N's. WE MIGHT BE OLD GEEZERS BUT IT ONLY TAKES ME FIVE MINUTES TO FIRE UP THESE NEWFANGLED DETECTORS. THANKS FOR THE GREETING.

TOM GLOVER

Posted on: May 09, 2011, 08:47:48 PM
HI HOMEFIRE. THANKS FOR THE GREETING. JUST BEFORE WILSON NEUMAN WENT BELLY UP, I HAD ORDERED A HIP MOUNT DAYTON GBD WHICH WAS MODIFIED. IT WAS MY HISTAKE I SHOULD NEVER HAVE ORDERED IT BUT I WAS GOING TO TEST THE UNIT IN THE SURF AT THE JERSEY SHORE. RESULT, I WAS LEFT WITH A CONTROL UNIT WITH A BELT CLIP AND A DETECTOR POLE WITH THE COIL AS A SEPARATE PIECE. I WAS STILL GOING TO USE IT, BUT I FIND THAT THE DETECTOR NOW ONLY GIVES A VERY LOUD AUDIO HUM AND IS UNABLE TO DETECT. I JUST KEEP IT FOR THE MEMORIES. IT WAS A KILLER MD FOR SILVER AT 7 OR 8 INCHES.

TOM GLOVER

Posted on: May 09, 2011, 08:53:49 PM
THANKS FOR THE WELCOME BITBURG AGGIE. NICE TO BE AMONG DIRT FISHERMEN AND FISHERWOMEN AGAIN!

TOM GLOVER

Posted on: May 09, 2011, 08:55:47 PM
HI MUDFLAP. NICE TO MEET ANOTHER CLOAK AND DAGGER MAN! I WAS AN 058 (MORSE INTERCEPT OPERATOR) DURING THE COLD WAR. AMATEUR WA2RVU (GENERAL) SINCE THE EARLY 1970'S. THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME.

TOM GLOVER

Posted on: May 09, 2011, 08:58:20 PM
THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME, RIDGE RUNNER! IT'S NICE TO BE BACK IN THE DETECTING HOBBY AFTER AN ABSENCE OF HMMMM....WELL MY LAST DETECTOR WAS A FISHER 1265X. I GUESS MAYBE 7 YEARS? THAT OLD FISHER WAS A REAL DEEP SEEKER. IT'S STILL IN GOOD SHAPE AND I AM GOING TO GET RID OF IT. I CURRENTLY HAVE A GARRETT GTP1350 AND A BH PIONEER 505. (DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU THAT THE BOUNTY HUNTER LINE IS INFERIOR. I HAD AN INEXPENSIVE RADIO SHACK DISCOVERY 3000 AND IT WAS EVERY BIT AS GOOD AS THE WHITES EAGLE I HAD. I HAVE FOUND UNBELIEVABLE GOODIES AT INCREDIBLE DEPTHS WITH BOUNTY HUNTER DETECTORS. I HUNT MOSTLY IN ZERO MODE AND USE MY EARS TO DISCRIMINATE.

TOM GLOVER

Posted on: May 09, 2011, 09:03:52 PM
HI KARL:

MANY THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME. IT'S NICE TO HEAR FROM THE HOME OF THE COUNTRY MUSIC THAT I HAVE LOVED ALL MY LIFE.

TOM GLOVER

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17125.msg170294.html#msg170294

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.