[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline backitup83Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

130.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

XLT x2 ----BH Sharp Shooter 2--Discovery2&1000
« on: January 03, 2010, 08:40:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Helloooo from Chesapeake va, Im new to the forum but not new to metal dectecting. IM Looking forward to learning my way around this forum and meeting new people.
                                                   Mike

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10442.msg65804.html#msg65804

Sometimes you just have to ask WWFGD?

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 09:46:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by backitup83
Helloooo from Chesapeake va, Im new to the forum but not new to metal dectecting. IM Looking forward to learning my way around this forum and meeting new people.
                                                   Mike

Welcome, Mike, from Australia! I lived in Virginia for a few years and found lots of silver coins there. In the Hampton Roads area, I found an old beach that yielded hundreds of gold and silver rings in the water. The beach itself was long gone but the sandy bottom was a dream to work. You are in one very productive area. I envy you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10442.msg65818.html#msg65818

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 09:53:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome Mike from Galveston Island

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10442.msg65825.html#msg65825

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

130.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 10:12:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks. for the welcome aboard.. yes i live in the hampton roads area. and it still has plenty of beach, I dont hunt the beach, my XLT's dont like it to much and i havent gotten a water detector yet....You moved pretty far away,,,though should be good hunting there in the down under....and where Is galvaston bay,,,is it in Texas..no not being funny,,LoL im from texas and would not know if there was a bay named that or not....been plenty on storm action down your way if you are from there...thanks guys for the welcome again and look forward to getting into the mix of things......
                                                                         Mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10442.msg65831.html#msg65831

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 10:24:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks. for the welcome aboard.. yes i live in the hampton roads area. and it still has plenty of beach, I dont hunt the beach, my XLT's dont like it to much and i havent gotten a water detector yet....You moved pretty far away,,,though should be good hunting there in the down under....and where Is galvaston bay,,,is it in Texas..no not being funny,,LoL im from texas and would not know if there was a bay named that or not....been plenty on storm action down your way if you are from there...thanks guys for the welcome again and look forward to getting into the mix of things......
                                                                         Mike

Mike, I am bi-continental. I move back and forth. Right now, it's Australia.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10442.msg65837.html#msg65837

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

130.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 10:31:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That is great GoldDigger, I would love to go there one day and try my hand at prospecting. Or just metal detecting for gold,,, Do you get to get out much while you are there?
                                                                                 Mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10442.msg65841.html#msg65841

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 10:43:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That is great GoldDigger, I would love to go there one day and try my hand at prospecting. Or just metal detecting for gold,,, Do you get to get out much while you are there?
                                                                                 Mike

I get out just about every day for a bit of coil swinging. I have a ball. I spend time with the dog, who loves to just sort of watch and sniff around where I am. It's getting fairly hot - around 100f every day - so it's early morning or late evening for the hunt. Can't even think about spending 24 hours a day in the outback with that kind of heat so my forays are closer to home. I spend out 2 to 3 hours a day on the hunt.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10442.msg65845.html#msg65845

Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

130.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 10:52:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
I get out just about every day for a bit of coil swinging. I have a ball. I spend time with the dog, who loves to just sort of watch and sniff around where I am. It's getting fairly hot - around 100f every day - so it's early morning or late evening for the hunt. Can't even think about spending 24 hours a day in the outback with that kind of heat so my forays are closer to home. I spend out 2 to 3 hours a day on the hunt.

LoL i guess not. that is a bit on the hot side. It is just starting to get cold here, seems like winter is trying to set in. Today it was a warm 29 degrees...The winters here as you know are mild to wild. I hopeing for another mild year.. I would preferr to move to Florida but the lady is just not ready to move, so untill then im here.

Mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10442.msg65853.html#msg65853

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
70%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 11:23:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Mike,
     Welcome aboard. 
     You're right in guessing that Galveston Bay is in Texas.   Specifically it is between Galveston Island and Houston (it basically forms the mouth of the Houston Ship channel).    The Galveston Bay area is really significant in Texas history for a lot of reasons, including the fact that the battle of San Jacinto took place on the San Jacinto River just a few miles upstream from the bay.....Add to that the fact that Galveston was a major port through out the 19th and early 20th century and goods unloaded in Galveston would have to cross the bay either by coastal steamer or (later) rail, you can see why that's a rich area for Texas hunters.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10442.msg66211.html#msg66211

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

130.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 04:46:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you  BitburgAggie_7377 , I'm from Texas, but paid attention to more local Texas history than the whole of Texas. I was born in Paris Tx, and have lived in Waco, Austin,Evadale. All my folks still live there,mostly in East Texas. I left at the young age of 19 and joined the Navy. I could not get use to the food so I only stayed in for 20 years. I retired form there in 93 and was stationed in Norfolk. I met my wife and stayed on here when I retired. You know how women think, her logic was--She had a job and I didn't when i retired. If we just up and moved back to Texas we would both be jobless. Its funny how they think sometime, but I had to agree with her on that one. So here I am a displaced Texan.
   Thank you again for the welcome aboard.
                                                                Mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10442.msg66251.html#msg66251

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.