[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline KimLTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: December 21, 2009, 11:05:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

I just ran across this site searching for information on Jesse James.  We live in East Texas in a small town called Red Springs Texas.  We live in a a 1940's farm house which at one time a wagon trail was our black top road.  We have the first and only Black Walnut tree to the left just off the trail on the as you take a corner.  We have recently had this tree taken down in fear of it landing on the house someday.  The kids were out digging tunnels under the roots of the "BIG" tree stump when they came across 2 mason jar lids burried in the same spot not to far from each other.  They found reminents of thick very clear glass that looked like a mason jar and another piece of glass that was the color of a bud light beer bottle.  The lids seem to be in good condition but fragile.  These were found about 3 feet down in the crevas area of two of the roots....This tree is very very very old.  We have heard alot of stories from locals that Jesse was thought to be in this area some time ago and that he has burried "paychecks" here.  I was just looking for information on his where abouts?  We also found a piece of an old plate that seem to have some gold etching on it? We are going to get a metal dector for my husband for Christmas can anyone give any good suggestions? Thank ya'll!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10114.msg63480.html#msg63480

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 11:56:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Kim,

Welcome to the forum.  I had a general idea where you are located, but did some additional checking.  Looks like you'll have lots of potential sites to search in your area.   Not only do you have the possibility of James gang loot, but given your location between the larger Texas settlements and Oklahoma, you've got the possibility of uncovering loot from a lot of other ne'er-do-wills trying to flee into the Indian Territory to escape Texas justice.   Plus you've got a few "ghost towns" in your area which should yield a lot of relics and old coins.
    As for best metal detector, it is going to depend on how much you want to spend and what y'all mainly be looking for.  There is no lack of opinion on the subject around here (you might start by entering "best beginner detector" in the search field above and search the entire forum.   General opinion gives high marks to the Garret Ace 250 and the Fisher F2 as well as a couple of Bounty Hunters and a couple of Tesoros.  Regardless of which metal detector you get, the more you use it, the better you get.
    Good luck.  Let us see some of the coins and other stuff your husband digs up.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10114.msg63484.html#msg63484

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 01:06:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi KimL, yes, folks have been discussing Jesse quite a bit. Up at the top right of this page, you'll see Advanced Search, change 'this topic' to 'entire forum' and do a search for Jesse James to see information in various posts. Sounds like you are living in an ideal place to detect. Detectors are great gifts and I'm sure you, your husband and kids will have a lot of fun with it. Nice family activity. Welcome to the forum. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10114.msg63899.html#msg63899

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 01:50:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome aboard Kim!

Here's an article for you!

Please Register or Login

http://thunting.com/smf/treasure_in_the_news/will_the_real_jesse_james_please_stand_up-t10245.0.html

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10114.msg64536.html#msg64536

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline KimLTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 11:11:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you all that has responded to my post  Wink I am really excited, infact more than before now since my suspecions has been confirmed.  I will most definantly get some pictures of what we have found so far and post them.  It has been really cold and wet here since the last rain more of the hole we dug around the this tree root has washed away and has exposed more glass objects that my husband has retrieved out of the walls of this hole and it seems the more out we go from the root of this tree the thicker the glass findings are and the more led and metal objects we find?  Either way it is a fun treasure hunt for us and the kiddos!  HAPPY NEW YEAR! (yes I know we still have a few days but I live in the country and I do not get internet service out there, so there it is early) :-) Thanks again!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10114.msg64714.html#msg64714

Offline n4pur
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 11:52:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Iam new to but i think this is a good place to get the info you need  Hello

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10114.msg64717.html#msg64717

Offline johnlaw
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab se pro & sovriegn xs & Excaliber 1000 & Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 11:58:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome to this forum from Virginia......It's nice to see your whole family involved.
It's a lot of fun and always exciting anticipating what you might find!
John in Va.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10114.msg64720.html#msg64720

Johnlaw

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.