[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GlennMTopic starter
Dumber'n Moose Poop
Foil

So, where's the gold?
Dumber'n Moose Poop
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GMT E-Series
« on: May 22, 2010, 07:26:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey there, just joined the site and feel compelled to share a little about myself.
I'm relatively new to prospecting (been going out here and there for about 8 years) and just recently decided to get a little more serious.
I'm 35, live in Mesa, AZ, have a wonderful wife and beautiful little girl.  My day job is an IT Project Manager focused on facilities integration for a major Real Estate investment Trust involved in shopping malls around the country.
In my free time I help a buddy over at DesertFab Motorsports in Apache Junction, AZ, where we build off road vehicles from mild to race and professional rockcrawling.

I own a couple of basic items... Blue bowl, a borrowed Desert Fox and my brand new White's GMT E-Series.
I recently decided to quit being scared of accidentally jumping a claim and joined GPAA.  My first trip out (to Stanton) brought home some nice flakes and fines working with a couple guys who had dry washers (my next investment, but I'll build it since I have the skills and tools available).

I'm just like everyone else out there... I want to meet up with like minded (however insane that may be) people and see if Mother Nature will bestow upon us some of her yellow bounty!

If anyone is up for getting out to a claim (I'm thinking of joining Road Runners and then LDMA when money isn't so tight) then let me know.  I'd love to get out and get digging!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14771.msg94396.html#msg94396

White's GMT E-Series and a couple other things
I build 4x4's, but haven't had a running one on over 3 years, DANGIT!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 07:43:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from Galveston Texas

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14771.msg94407.html#msg94407

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline langstoy
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites V3i,Whites Dual Field Surf Pro, 6000 Di Pro, Classic 3, Goldmaster VSat
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 07:56:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello MESA and welcome. The wife and I went to Apache Junction last year for about a month. We're retired and stayed with a friend. We're 53 years old. We went as guests (through the Promack Shop) to a claim at the base of Rich Hill. It was an overnighter and we enjoyed the campfire, digging, new friends, and experience we gained from the trip. We found small flakes and when I panned some color, several other members asked where were you digging. I told them I dug straight down 2 feet just past a large boulder. We carried two 5 gallon buckets full of screened and dry panned concentrates to camp where we wet panned them. On our return home to Iowa we stopped in Fairplay, Colorado where Chad Watkins took us out with his small dredge. We dug into a hillside where he has a claim. We found more small flakes. My energy level at 14,000 feet dimished after about a half hour. We rested, ate a sandwich and the second time I dug for about 15 minutes. We rested, the third time, I lasted about 5 minutes. I guess this elevation takes some getting used to.... Anyway, we enjoyed the day panning our concentrates down to 3 pans and all three had several flakes of color. We stopped at Idaho Springs, Colorado and panned Clear Creek and found just a few flakes. We're hoping to return to Apache Junction in the Spring of 2011. I've purchased a White's Surfmaster Pro PI and a White's TDI and hope for some luck next year detecting.  Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14771.msg94408.html#msg94408

Offline GlennMTopic starter
Dumber'n Moose Poop
Foil

So, where's the gold?
Dumber'n Moose Poop
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GMT E-Series
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 08:55:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the welcome, Seldom (I'll bet you get that a lot LOL)

Langstoy,

Be sure to let me know when you'll be in town.  We'll have to go out.  I know which claim you were on, but I'm not a member of their club.  However, GPAA has several claims near Rich Hill and I find color in my pan every time I go.  The local Pres, Fred, told me about a specific hill on one of the claims I need to be swinging on.  I just can't seem to find it, yet.  maybe by the time you get bacl down?

Promack are good people.  It's where I get all my stuff, especially since they're only 2 miles from my house.  I like the fact that Dan (I am horrible with names) was forthright with me about my detector purchase.  I was looking at the MXT, but he said I'd likely be better served with the GMT since I wasn't hunting any relics (but I sure am finding a lot of old tin and such!).
They've moved 1 mile West into the old NAPA store and now have a LOT bigger floor and a real parking lot!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14771.msg94427.html#msg94427

White's GMT E-Series and a couple other things
I build 4x4's, but haven't had a running one on over 3 years, DANGIT!

Offline jamestaylor
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

xlt
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 02:35:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi from the Great White North

First time to post here....We live in the Pacific West coast and we travel to the Phillippines every year for holidays and my favorite past time of digging.  I am 53 and we have decided to sell our property and move to the R.P. full time for awhile.  I was in the automotive finance field for many years and after a head on collision we decided life can be short.  It was after this experience that I never want to say should of, would of, could of.

I enjoy watching the Seahunters and Clive Cussler always says...get off the couch and go off into the streams and mountains and search for history and you wont find a more satisfying feeling...He is right.

I also like researching the second world war and working on ciphers and codes. 

Anyways,  always take care when out in the field....and keep on digging.

Greg

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14771.msg94517.html#msg94517

Offline langstoy
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites V3i,Whites Dual Field Surf Pro, 6000 Di Pro, Classic 3, Goldmaster VSat
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 06:02:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Glenn,
   Give me your contact info and I'll get in touch next Spring when we're going for sure. You can email langstoy@hotmail.com I hope you find the right hill! I'm attaching a photo of a pan from Chad Watkin's claim in Fairplay, Colorado last Spring. All three pans looked about the same. We had highbanked for a few hours in a semi-frozen hillside.
Brian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14771.msg94771.html#msg94771

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

goldpan1.jpg

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 06:17:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from Deming New Mexico!

Have you tried around BagDad Az?

There is gold to be had there.   Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14771.msg94777.html#msg94777

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
78%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 10:16:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Glenn......I'm from the other side of the Valley (Glendale/Peoria border).   I'm sure Fred has invited you to the local GPAA meeting held the first Thursday of the month at the Italian-American club.  You might also want to check out the Arizona Treasures Unlimited metal detecting club.   A couple of the members are really active nugget shooters.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14771.msg94956.html#msg94956

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.