[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline htguy25Topic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Looking for one....
« on: November 28, 2007, 07:14:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey everyone.  I am a total noob when it comes to TH.  I am looking for any basic advice on purchasing my first MD.  I live up in NH and would like to get out before the ground gets frozen.  Also anyone TH up in NH before??? Where would I go to start my new hobby of TH.   Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2433.msg19328.html#msg19328

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 11:05:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Admire your spunk and enthusiasm to want to hurry and get out there t'hunting before the ground freezes, but you need to decide what you're primarily wanting to find and then pick a detector that will fill the bill. You might check to see if there are any clubs in your area or local dealers who can let you test a variety of machines. You're going to have a lot of fun - guaranteed!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2433.msg19329.html#msg19329

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 07:16:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello and welcome!

I think Sue had a good pint there. Going and see if there is a local club will give you the opportunity to get some first hand advice and to try out some machines yourself.

Everbody likes his machine the best  Wink BUT I have enjoyed using Tesor for a long time. They are easy to use and have a good discrimination. Don't buy the cheapest machine as it may have too many draw backs in the end.

Also check on eBay for a good pre-owned machine if you like.

best wishes and keep us posted,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2433.msg19336.html#msg19336

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 07:44:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Sweet Sue and Christian both had very good points for you.  Everyone likes the machine that they use but ultimately what works well for one may not suit your purpose as well.  In the end it will boil down to what will suit your hunting style.  Do your research, talk to others, consult dealers and know what type of stuff you would like to hunt for and what hunting styles you would like to pursue starting out.  The club and local dealers was a very good idea since you can talk to people directly involved with the hobby and possibly even try out a few machines to see what ones may work well for you.  Another thing about a local club would be that you could meet people in your area that hunt and even gain a hunting partner  or numerous opportunities to get out hunting with some of the locals.  Good luck and happy hunting to you.  Welcome to the forum.   There are lots of friendly people here and tons of information on the forum.  If you  have any questions feel free to ask and I'm sure some of our members can be of help.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2433.msg19340.html#msg19340

Stringfrenzy

Offline SPIDERCAN
Bronze Member

I love THunting and the whites DFX
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

605.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 03:28:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

sorry for the late responce,first welcome to the forum second a cheap but effective unit would be an ace 250 from garrett.

good luck  Spy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2433.msg19442.html#msg19442

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.