[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline SMITY
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Ukraine
Referrals: 0

110.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2011, 12:56:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Many thanks to all for a great project! I'll try to build it. When can we expect the latest version of the printed circuit board, and adjusting the scheme? Once again thank you all ...

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3797.msg191954.html#msg191954

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2011, 12:39:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Guys

I did not drop you it's just that at the moment I'm 1400Km from home and to get on the internet is a bit of an issue.
Dooley I have been working on a new PCB design but if you don't stop changing you schematics I'll never get it done LOL will you please post your final design so that I may change the board AGAIN  Grin looks like if it's not one of my Boo Boo's that needs changing it's one of your mods LOL

All the best till later
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3797.msg192066.html#msg192066

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline DOOLEY1972
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

650.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2011, 03:18:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

sorry xavier ,

6666's last posted schematic was the final one , i keep trying new things on my build , no major improvement yet ,

leaving that design as finished and working , trying something new at the moment with only 2 samples ,
gradualy working things out , think i have found a simple way of not just showing FE and non-FE , but showing
 conductivity of different metals using a simple meter , but may use a row of led's with preset turn on points ,
but no final build yet.

funny thing is , PI's are a bit anoying to use as they find lots more than my cheap vlf , cant seen to go two feet without
another target to dig , keep finding trash , so need discrimination for my own sanity and to preserve local grass land from excess digging.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3797.msg192068.html#msg192068

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2011, 07:45:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Grin Grin  Dig it mate I added two nulling pre sets on the board to be used if the need should arise. I was also looking at placing an LCD for battery condition and type of metal.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3797.msg192081.html#msg192081

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline SMITY
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Ukraine

110.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2011, 08:09:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Excellent! If this project is completed, then we do circuit and printed circuit board (placed in a separate folder). The next step will be "blind squirrel DOOLEY1972 modification-discriminator" ... But it will be a new theme, which I do with great pleasure! Once again many thanks to you ... Waiting for the folder "Final" ...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3797.msg192185.html#msg192185

Offline thanbo
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2011, 08:45:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

im waiting for this project to be completed so i can build my 1st md...still waiting,,,,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3797.msg192189.html#msg192189

Offline SMITY
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Ukraine

110.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2011, 09:04:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes, we are waiting  Pray.... And the result of discrimination ... I tried to do with the Polish site version

Please Register or Login

http://www.exploracja.cyberdusk.pl/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=13148&start=30
(post number 8 on top of Bynak) ... The device itself works perfectly. But here's the definition of metal, bad  Sad... Iron determine exactly, but there the same send and gold, and brass, and fine sarebro. So do not try to repeat the mistake of developing a new project! Sincerely ...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3797.msg192191.html#msg192191

Offline dr.jare
Copper Member

Thank you20

Activity
0%

Serbia and Montenegro

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Barracuda
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2011, 01:15:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Posted on: August 24, 2011, 01:07:11 PM
Quote:Posted by DOOLEY1972
hello xavier,

english 50p is 7 sided silver coin poss nickle cupre , 25 to 27mm diameter depending on weather you measure fron point to point of point to flat and 2mm thick . weight is 8.1 grams.

hope this helps as a referance for comparison.

Hi DOOLEY1972. Have you tried a smaller coil (15cm-20cm)? Have you tested the detector on the small gold 1gr-2gr (earrings, a little chain ...)?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3797.msg192225.html#msg192225

Offline DOOLEY1972
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

650.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2011, 02:50:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hello dr.jare ,
have tried with smaller coin , nickle based , uk 10p , 24mm dia and 2mm thick , starts to pick it up at a distance of about 30 cm , clear at 25cm.
tried it with 9ct gold ring 4mm x 4mm cross section  , same 25cm to 30 cm , but then its a complete circle , which are easyer to detect regardless of metal ,
tried a 9ct very thin light chain in a ball , distance very poor , about 8cm.

hello smity and thanbo ,
the slightly modified finished version of the blind squirrel is the last one posted by 6666 on the thread ,
 it's not a compleatly new detector , i just did a few mods to the existing design to "thin it down" a bit and use more common parts , whilst trying to maintain simplicity to build / setup and performance , may not have got perfection , but it works , and performance is similar to most other single sample machines.

thanbo , i would recomend building either original blind squirrel or the slightly modified one on here , recomend the modified one , as the original one with the opto coupler gives a constant clicking regardless of no target , which is anoying and makes adjusting the threshold anoying , however , if the original design has a 10uf cap from the emmiter of the opto ,and a 5.6v zenner in series with a 10k to the opto emmiter , then the audio works well , and very progressive, i just opted for an npn for simplicity.
i think i'm like you , i pondered for ages picking a design to build for the first time , and settled for the squirrel  , simple and it works , and its a non-movement machine , so good for pin pointing.

the idea i'm working on at the moment is not based on the blind squirrel , appart from the use of the 4538 / 4098 dual monostable timming chip for dual sample pulses ,
just piecing something together gradualy ,
my goals are , simple to opperate for everyone minimal setup / controls , automatic and manual zero , some form of discrimination , worked out a simple way for FE and non-FE but also working on a simple way to show metal conductivity on a scale using 10 led's , but changing ground conditions are hampering any precision there.
may need 3 samples , one for ground , and minus it off for stability , not sure yet.
recently had the time to experiment , but starting new job next week , so time will be limited then , so don't hold youre breath for a finished project.

will post and share only when  i'm happy with performance , as i don't want to look an idiot , anyway the "big boys" designers are now on ecu's so my little project's / designs will never make me rich so share with the people , only fear left is some boffin finding fault , hell , were all trying , no body's perfect.

Posted on: August 24, 2011, 02:31:09 PM
OH smity ,
nearly forgot , youre project name is a bit long winded , as i said to 6666 , didnt want to rename an existing design , that remains the child of the original designer and should remain so,
new project , regarding a name , i have given some thought to, if it works , not very imaginitive regarding naming something , however , i am keeping in a folder on my pc simply called MYPI , but thats just plain and silly for a name ,
BIG NAMES , of things have to be forthright and forcefull and out there like : the TDI , GTI or the  BARRACUDA or MUSTANG ,
or have mystical names like : ATLANTIS ,  HOGWARTS or HUNDRED ACRE WOODS , sorry humour there.
conclusion , i have a total lack of imagination , society has drained it from me. Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3797.msg192242.html#msg192242

Offline thanbo
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2011, 08:46:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

doodley,

nice info ,that explains a lot...tnx n more power...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3797.msg192272.html#msg192272

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Jump to: