[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 91   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2010, 03:40:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mr_Fixit
All,

Where do we find these downloads? Perhaps that is a stupid question, but I see many references to a download section, but never see a link or any way to get to this area.

The downloads area is for members with 15 posts or more. The ones I am referring to are attachments to the post which are also not visible to you until you have 15 posts.
Quote:Posted by hesamavr
PCB is from Protel DXP. PCB was created with Auto Routing system, I mean no error in it, because the software will track the PCB itself, then you can modify it. I'm wondering because I can't find any mistake in schematic, why circuit has problem?

Please tell me, if you have protel DXP, I will upload the PCB here.

Actually, I do have Protel but have long ago uninstalled it. It was too big, too slow and too hard to use. Your image above is sadly not adequate but if you have verified it to the schematic, then it should be all right. Did you enter the schematic into Protel yourself or was it provided as it is?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28024.msg198609.html#msg198609

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands
Referrals: 0

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2010, 03:42:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Lately I came to the conclusion that some of us give the information to download schematics . But ........most of the time they do not include the simple PCB drawing  so we can etch a PCB board and start building .  I put the complete schematics of the DBP 2010 on this net . I also sent a complete set of schematics to Xavier  ( Discriminating BFO detector ) . None of the schematics  our friens of this forum are working with are complete . I have had my share of these in-complete schematics ,  be it the parts list  or the PCB .  I think that you should only give a complete set of the schematics after you made sure they were correct and working . If you don't there will be a lot of guys wasting a lot of time and money on something that will never work .  Just my gut feeling .  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28024.msg198610.html#msg198610

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2010, 03:46:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Cornelius
Lately I came to the conclusion that some of us give the information to download schematics . But ........most of the time they do not include the simple PCB drawing  so we can etch a PCB board and start building .  I put the complete schematics of the DBP 2010 on this net . I also sent a complete set of schematics to Xavier  ( Discriminating BFO detector ) . None of the schematics  our friens of this forum are working with are complete . I have had my share of these in-complete schematics ,  be it the parts list  or the PCB .  I think that you should only give a complete set of the schematics after you made sure they were correct and working . If you don't there will be a lot of guys wasting a lot of time and money on something that will never work .  Just my gut feeling .  Cornelius

You know, the disclaimer that none of these circuits have been verified seems to fly straight over the heads of people who actually come here just for the projects. Are you getting a bit tired of people coming here and thinking that building a metal detector is like building a model car or airplane? It's just not that simple but we have people here with no electronics background gathering parts together for projects that they cannot possibly build themselves. Then, after they make a mess of it, come here asking for us to somehow troubleshoot things using psychic powers instead of drawings.

Astounding. That's what it is. Purely astounding.

And yet we do try to help. It's a weakness we have, mate.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28024.msg198611.html#msg198611

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2010, 04:01:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes GD it is absolutely a weakness we have . Like you said we should not forget that some of the people wanting to build a detector don't have the foggyist notion of what is involved . It took me many years to learn about these specific electronics  . You probably did the same thing . I feel sorry for the guys that bought a mo-ped and are now trying to build a F1 engine . But I will stilll help where I can . Damned softy !!!  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28024.msg198612.html#msg198612

Offline hesamavr
Copper Member

Thank you10

Activity
0%

Iran, Islamic Republic of

310.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2010, 04:40:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm agree with you. in my first post after I built this circuit, I mentioned that there is a problem in schematic or the previous PCB is from another schematic. as you said, I put a lot of time for redrawing the schematic, drawing a PCB with that high quality which has cost for me, you can see its picture .... but in the conclusion, nothing.
when I create the schematic in Protel, software has one facility in PCB drawing. it can connect the tracks between components exactly based on schematic called "Auto-Routing". it "never" make mistake. this was not my first PCB and electronic project and I did a lot of digital, Micro-controller based or even industrial projects. when I saw the Delta Pulse schematic, I thought with myself:"I will redraw it and I will create better PCB for all". I redraw the provided schematic in the forum for creating a new PCB. if the schematic is a correct one, it should work. it seems that I only wasted my time. these are analog circuits in old designing method where there was no sign of Micro-controller. I think we could do better jobs now with advancements in electronic, but their schematics are not available.

Although, if I could find any solution, I will inform to all. maybe some mistakes happened that are now hidden for me.
Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Actually, I do have Protel but have long ago uninstalled it. It was too big, too slow and too hard to use. Your image above is sadly not adequate but if you have verified it to the schematic, then it should be all right. Did you enter the schematic into Protel yourself or was it provided as it is?

I re-draw the original schematic in Protel, then the software can connect tracks exactly based on schematic. then you can modify tracks, such their thickness or position .... I did this. if I could find any solution, I will put it here for all.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28024.msg198613.html#msg198613

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by hesamavr »
Offline moki93
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Seychelles

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

metal detektor
« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2010, 05:08:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

DELTA PULSE COIL

DELTA PULSE COIL PROBLEM

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28024.msg198614.html#msg198614

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2010, 05:19:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by moki93
DELTA PULSE COIL

DELTA PULSE COIL PROBLEM

Not sure what you mean?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28024.msg198615.html#msg198615

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2010, 08:28:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes GD it is absolutely a weakness we have . Like you said we should not forget that some of the people wanting to build a detector don't have the foggyist notion of what is involved . It took me many years to learn about these specific electronics  . You probably did the same thing . I feel sorry for the guys that bought a mo-ped and are now trying to build a F1 engine . But I will stilll help where I can . Damned softy !!!  Cornelius

I was fortunate. I studied electronics at university and worked in it in one way or another for my entire life. I can see the attraction for people to build a detector from scratch but fail to see how they cannot understand the complexity of what they are doing. I could never, for example, attempt to build a clock or watch. I can see the complexity and don't want to try. I can buy the best watch in the world with money. It would cost me hundreds of times the value of the watch to try and accumulate the knowledge and tools to build such a wonderful creation.

And we have people with no experience and no tools trying to build complex electronic devices. To me, it makes no sense. The Tesoro Compadre is a machine that can be purchased for around $100.00 on the Internet. Why try and assemble one that is less capable and costs three times as much? Why try to build it without even the first tool needed to test it?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28024.msg198616.html#msg198616

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline ram
Silver Member

Thank you148

Activity
0%

Portugal

5270.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2010, 10:59:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

review your work using this schematic. this schematic has no errors i used this in building my dp many times. dont use the modified schematic using the hi speed diode connected to mosfet drain and resistor connected to gate and source. i used battery 12volts 7amperes motorcycle battery for longer use and coils 40cm and 1x1mtr square coil without problems encountered.very stable operation all controls were working i add the manual tune. circuit voltage approx 11volts except mosfet. no resistor on mosfet source.

as you said this is analog circuit, no microcontrollers,yes. but the function and usage of dp machine is morethan the microcontrolled machine.it surely detects metal burried deep in the ground depending the size of metal and can be modified for higher wattage output.and dp has many options to make it appears hitech.
and for info, i build dp in double sided and single sided pcb using this schematic without errors. my advice to you,just follow the schematic.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28024.msg198617.html#msg198617

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Delta%20Pulse_XR71_sch.jpg

Offline hesamavr
Copper Member

Thank you10

Activity
0%

Iran, Islamic Republic of

310.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2010, 11:30:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by ram
review your work using this schematic. this schematic has no errors i used this in building my dp many times. dont use the modified schematic using the hi speed diode connected to mosfet drain and resistor connected to gate and source. i used battery 12volts 7amperes motorcycle battery for longer use and coils 40cm and 1x1mtr square coil without problems encountered.very stable operation all controls were working i add the manual tune. circuit voltage approx 11volts except mosfet. no resistor on mosfet source.

as you said this is analog circuit, no microcontrollers,yes. but the function and usage of dp machine is morethan the microcontrolled machine.it surely detects metal burried deep in the ground depending the size of metal and can be modified for higher wattage output.and dp has many options to make it appears hitech.
and for info, i build dp in double sided and single sided pcb using this schematic without errors. my advice to you,just follow the schematic.

Thank you Ram, yes I used modified schematic with resistor and Fast Diode. I will check your schematic and I will change my circuit based your provided one. if I could get positive results, I will inform you.
About your comment, yes, I didn't mention that DP is a bad circuit. I meant that we can do most of jobs with Microcontroller, DSPs or other devices nowadays, therefore we can get ride of analog circuit problems and their complexity or stability problems.

Quote:Posted by ram
no resistor on mosfet source.

Your schematic also has resistor on Source. but I will check the circuit without resistor.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28024.msg198618.html#msg198618

Print
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 91   Go Up
Jump to: