[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline hgfreeTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher goldbug 2
« on: March 07, 2011, 05:23:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well, a few months hence Hgfree hazards another appearance.  I have been reading with considerable interest the variety of postings.   I have gathered that this is a relatively wide-ranging forum which is a welcome change from some of the more restrictive ones out there.
I want to say something about what is rapidly becoming problematic, which is prospecting in general, whether using a pan or detector in the US.  I can't help but think it's true, owing to 
increasing pressure from the radical environmentalists.  I have no quarrel with the concept of
conservation.  I consider myself a conservationist.  Anyone who maintains the idea that
the eroding away of our natural resources will somehow stand the test of time is simply
not conversant with the real world.  However, what is becoming increasingly clear is that
a certain few individuals have managed to co-opt a larger community of otherwise sensible individuals into believing that prospectors and miners represent the end of the natural
world as we know it.  For instance,  I recall the head of the board of supervisors in Sierra
County, California, a county that for many decades depended on gold production for its
very existence, parading about in a t-shirt that read 'Mine Free by '93.'  Such polarization
is even more apparent today.  Far too often the extremists have won easy victories in the
law courts, and in the court of public opinion, given the paranoia about mining that has
seen wide acceptance in recent years.  Whether as a pastime or vocation, many would-be prospectors or miners must be having second thoughts about getting started given the ever more restrictive measures that have been adopted in Ca. and elsewhere.  Though not
by any means the only reason I chose to retire to Mexico, the growing evidence that the
US is fast becoming a country where individual freedom is valued less with each passing
day, is the most compelling.  One can prospect and/or mine in Mexico with relative
impunity.  Being a naturalized citizen is certainly an advantage, since I can stake a claim,
etc., in my own name.  There are certain areas to steer clear of in Mexico.  A few times
I've stumbled across serious marijuana and amapola (poppy) cultivations in Guerrero and
Michoacan but managed to get away unnoticed.  A cautionary tale at least.  According to
the governments own maps geocem anomalies in alluvials in the range of 500 ppm in the
states of Michoacan and Guerrero to name a few, are not uncommon.  Few of these areas
have been prospected.  Fewer still show claims in these areas.  The mining laws here are
quite liberal and offer many incentives to the prospective mine operator.  For the intrepid
gold prospectors among you Mexico is wide open, which is also true in most latin american
countries.  Being able to speak and understand Spanish is a must for the serious mineral
explorer unless you can afford a translator.  The dangers in Mexico are much exaggerated
by an overheated press.  For the most part the interior is safe.  I've traveled over and
tested quite a bit of ground here so if there are any questions I will try to answer them
as concisely and openly as I can.   Sorry for being so long-winded, a tendency I have that
is probably the reason I've been so reluctant to correspond on these forums.  Anyway, I
look forward to your replies.  Thankyou for allowing me this space.  Best to all,

Hgfree

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21879.msg151441.html#msg151441

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 08:25:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

LOL!   I my self wouldn't last a week down there.  Keep us posted on the goodies.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21879.msg151452.html#msg151452

Offline seanengman
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites GoldMaster II, Fisher Gold Bug II, Minelab Explorer II and Tesoro Treasure Mate
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 02:48:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the post. If I recall, someone on this forum was in search of information regarding prospecting in Mexico. Hopefully he stumbles across this great post. I don't know so much about the others, but I wouldn't mind you being long winded a bit more often here. I think your experiences in Mexico would be a much welcomed change.

Looking forward to more,

Sean

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21879.msg151539.html#msg151539

Yearly Clad: $2.06
Canadian Clad: $.02

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: