[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bigwater
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2010, 05:50:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

The snowmobile idea was a joke.  Kind of like the funny kind, only different.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12786.msg93672.html#msg93672

Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Offline Rick104
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

286.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites TDI,Fisher Gold$trike and Coin$trike, Garrett GTI 2500,Minelab Eureka Gold, Pioneer 505
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2010, 01:34:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Coins are not lighter than over burden material I have used my highbanker and metal detector to find spots for operating my unit ,when I find gold, black sands, lead and coins mixed in with the other material and lots of iron junk, the heavy material in the river ends up in the same place my other heavy matrial does and when I usually find the most gold the coins are usually a few feet down the beach in the gravel I am digging, but there are not enough coins to make any kind of profit at all!! Teach but they are fun to find, also in my gravels that I proccess I find lots of nuts and bolts, old square nails, copper wire, glass, reebar, pipe anything that is heavy will land in the same area as gold in the river, and when I find alot of gold I also find alot more broken glass it is a good indicator of gold present in my digging area..... Teach

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12786.msg93847.html#msg93847

Offline seanengman
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites GoldMaster II, Fisher Gold Bug II, Minelab Explorer II and Tesoro Treasure Mate
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2010, 09:31:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I hate Washington. This state sucks when it comes to prospecting. There are far too many rules that are just ridiculous. Highbanking with an electric pump?! Why don't they do something about the companies that are really destroying this state's waterways? Like Bonneville Power, or Hanford (Gov't), or the oil refineries on the coast... the list goes on. Alas we the little guy get screwed.

Just my RANT!

Sean

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12786.msg94050.html#msg94050

Yearly Clad: $2.06
Canadian Clad: $.02

Offline gimp55
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 02:27:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

i know it"s an old post don"t believe the B.S.:you can"t dredge or prospect whenever or where ever you want in wa. state!! you do have to have a GOLD and FISH pamphlet on your person,which tells you the time of year certain waters are open..if you want to dredge you need to notify local NFS (na.forest service)USFWS(fish and wildlife)because you may need a HPA(hydraulic project approval)by not following these steps you face fines,seizure of equipment including vehicle.take the time,follow needed steps so that what is open will remain open for the future..yrs ago a buddy and i camped in our usual spot for prospecting,i scooped some water from the creek for coffee i"d noticed something in the water looking closer i could see fish fry with egg sacks attached,well we didn"t dredge that day we fished instead!!i"m also an avid fisherman..please follow the rules for all of us..thx gimp55

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12786.msg137082.html#msg137082

Offline Richard Ray
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

325.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

many
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2011, 10:23:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

Sean:
    I couldn't help but chuckle about your comment about Bonneville Dam. Beleive this or not, I caught my first fish there, not in the dam but in the canal leading to the locks that were there long before the dam was built. I loved the rapids that were there for eons, then destroyed by the dam. And I was married in Wenatchee, west of you. You broght back plesant memories, THANKS.
   Richard Byrd Ray

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12786.msg138295.html#msg138295

Offline Rick104
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

286.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites TDI,Fisher Gold$trike and Coin$trike, Garrett GTI 2500,Minelab Eureka Gold, Pioneer 505
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 06:28:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

[detecting]There are a number of sites to help you build a dredge but you have to have some skills or know someone who does,you really do not want to deal with the weasels at goldfever prospecting they are less than professional on there best day, I am just finishing up my 4 inch dredge that I built from scratch and you will not find very many coins with it there are almost none in any of the waterways that I have prospected in, I moved about 50 yards of material and only found 3 coins a nickle a quarter and a dime, if you are looking for gold the dredge is the best way to find quanties without investing a small fortune. I really should write a book on the subject and add all recreational mining equipment with it in the book, this stuff is easy to design and build for me, not everyone has the same experience that I have but if you need some help write me back I am pretty sure I can point you in the right direction. Wise Welcome

Posted on: February 03, 2011, 05:16:08 PM
they changed all the rules in April of  2009!!

Posted on: February 03, 2011, 05:18:19 PM
you do not have to have the gold and fish pamplet with you if you use an electric highbanger with 3 sq ft of riffle area all the rules changed in 2009 if a fish and game osifur is bothering you he did not read the book! look at Mineral prospecting without timing restrictions page 10 of the gold and fish unit, it states you do not have to have the rules with you or on the job site when using pans, spiral wheels, Sluices concentrators ,mini rocker boxes, and mini high-bankers with riffle area totaling 3 sq ft or less when prospecting without timing restrictions!!! I have been doing it since 2009 and my high-banker pumps 3700 GPH all day long with my marine battery, the charge lasts about 3  8 hour days, and I have had folks come up to me with the old rules and try to tell me that I am not aloud to prospect, I usually have to stop for a few minutes and explain to them how the new rules work I usually keep a copy around just for that purpose, ya no Friday looks like a good day to go high-banking on the Columbia river 2/4/2011 I will be out there getting some gold tomorrow because no one else is... Welcome

Posted on: February 03, 2011, 06:23:27 PM
You do not need an HPA if you are using a 5 inch or smaller dredge in the state of Wash but you do need your gold and fish book, the new rules started in April of 2009 you might want to get a copy Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12786.msg142041.html#msg142041

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: