[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline andy2sleepyTopic starter
if you're gonna trip anyways, you might as well do it over a 20 pound nugget
Copper Member

if you're gonna trip anyways, you might as well do it over a 20 pound nugget
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

170.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

2 1/2" keene dredge,  keene a 52 sluice, truck load of 5 gal buckets, and a rusty shovel
« on: April 05, 2010, 02:11:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hi everybody!  i hope you're all finding good color.  i just wanted to pass on a little information about buying replacement water pump seals.  i have been buying them from two of the big name dredge manufacturers for a while now for 30 dollars and up each.  i found a local distributor called Applied Industrial Technologies who sells all sorts of different sized two-piece ceramic pumps seals. (347 to be exact)  the seal i use is a ps-2 on most mining supply websites,  part # ps-100 at Applied, it sells for only $7.83 (dollars).  i'm not necessarily trying to advertise this company or stop folks from buying parts from popular dredge manufacturers, but i figure if most prospectors are as financially strapped as i am at times, they will all enjoy a bargain...    another thing i found out is that most swimming pool pumps use the same type of ceramic seals, so you might be able to find the right size replacement seal at your local pool store.  i hope this helps.   happy hunting!!
                                                                                               andy 

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13197.msg83482.html#msg83482

« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 02:14:06 pm by andy2sleepy »
Offline seanengman
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites GoldMaster II, Fisher Gold Bug II, Minelab Explorer II and Tesoro Treasure Mate
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 02:55:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the good info.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13197.msg83812.html#msg83812

Yearly Clad: $2.06
Canadian Clad: $.02

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 01:04:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Andy, thats a good tip.  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13197.msg83896.html#msg83896

Offline scottish_gold
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

metadec II, arado 120 and 130
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 02:58:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi folks from Scotland,

Coming into this topic rather late, but can anyone shed any light on which part number (like the PS-100) the replacement seal would be on the older Keene 5108H dredge pump? The seal is a single spring bellows type, which should fit the shaft of the Honda GX240 motor, 1" shaft.

Any help would be much appreciated. If the smaller dredge seals are available for a few dollars, I'm hoping the 1" shaft seal is out there too. Any part numbers or suggestions would be a super help.

Yours Aye from bonnie Scotland
Terry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13197.msg190886.html#msg190886

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

P3140027.jpg
seal cup.jpg
seal2.jpg
seal4.jpg

Offline seanengman
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites GoldMaster II, Fisher Gold Bug II, Minelab Explorer II and Tesoro Treasure Mate
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 07:43:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I know this is an old topic, but has anyone noticed how much Keene marks up there stuff? I was looking at some rock moving equipment and saw their hand winch for $200 that is supposed to have a pull strenght of 8,000 pounds. This got me shopping around and at my local tool shop I saw the EXACT SAME winch for $40 and then a 5 ton for $50!? Those ceramic seals are cheap and any pump shop will have them for between $5 and $10. I have found numerous things that are marked up outragously high. Don't get me wrong, Keene is great to do business with and the things they manufacture themselves are fine instruments. But this reaks of the days of the '49ers when it cost an ounce of gold to buy a shovel. I suppose what I am trying to say is that we all need to be smart and do our shopping, and not be taken over by something because it is from one of the big names. Pump parts and hoses are readily available at your local pump and hose shops.

Happy Digging

Sean

Posted on: September 22, 2011, 17:40:27
Bonnie, sorry to pass over your post. You should be able to take your pump into a pump shop and someone will fit you with the correct seal. That is how it is over in the states, so hopefully your pump shops are as numerous and friendly as ours.

Cheers

Sean

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13197.msg196050.html#msg196050

Yearly Clad: $2.06
Canadian Clad: $.02

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: