[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ejpeteTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: August 12, 2010, 12:12:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

After weeks of research I finally found out how to find closed gold placer claims.Alto I haven't seen any claims that date back to the late 1800's or early 1900's like I see people do on this site.If someone would like to point me in that direction it would be very helpful to me.
Also I need to find out how to research the history of the claims and how to buy them.If anyone could help me out on any of this information it would help me a great deal.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17090.msg109916.html#msg109916

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:17:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Looking for Current and Closed, you can go here:

Please Register or Login

http://www.geocommunicator.gov/GeoComm/index.shtm

I'm not sure how far back it goes.

If your after the older ones and want to find the latest info, you need to go to the County Recorders office.

They have the Newest and Best's Info.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17090.msg109917.html#msg109917

Offline KlondikeIke
Copper Member

I wish every clean up looked like this one
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

465.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

H3Tec,n Fisher Gold Bug II
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 12:28:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey EJPETE...

I no longer do any kind of prospecting for gold or silver... although I did for nearly 30 years...mostly professionaly on my own claims or land.... and it has been a while since I researched claims...so my information may be a bit outdated....BUT:

When I researched claims.... I would find the "Notice" or claim location notice marker as required by law and look at the papers you'll find there.. find the original recording date and the curent date... if it hasn't been updated in a while, it may be open... Record any all information from tjhose papers you will find....go to the local county recorders office and do a search of the imformation you have, mainly the location and boundaries....they will be able to tll you if the claim is open or not... some counties may have this ability on line....I my day, I used to actually hold, in my hand the original claim books in various location in California gold fields and read the actual notes for the early recordings of the 1850's.. Most of that information you still may be able to get or see, but it is probably stored electronically at the local recorders office...

Also with the same information, you maybe be able to find the BLM of some help as well... but I would start with the  county recorders office and go from there.....

Good Luck...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17090.msg109918.html#msg109918

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: