[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline CFECOTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: July 11, 2012, 11:39:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have filed a Lode claim in the midst of several Patented claims.  These were all named mines dated from the 1890's.  My problem is that the current owner does not want to let me use the one road that I can reach my claim with.  His claim was patented in 1929, which was a time after these mines were being worked, I'm not sure that makes a difference.  The only other vehicle access, would be to go cross country ( build a road) for approximately 1/2 mile across BLM land,probably post a bond,  and then later have to remediate the land back to original condition.  This is a lot of trouble and money, for a small weekend "hobby" mine.
   Does anyone have any suggestions on how I may be allowed to use his road? 
Thanks All!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37067.msg227974.html#msg227974

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 11:45:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Patented Mine Claims are PRIVATE PROPERTY.      He has control .

We had a situation like that here where a guy had blocked access to a whole mountain range.    BLM after years made a road bypassing his gate.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37067.msg227977.html#msg227977

Offline dbcolts
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug Pro
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 11:51:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

I was in Calif. real estate for years....and if you buy fee simple land that is land-locked, and there is a road to your property through someone else's. If you can prove that there is a history of others or you using it for 5 years.....then you may be able to get legal right to using it. Here is what I found on-line.

An easement by prescription may be created when a person uses the land of another “continuously” for at least five years “without consent in an open and notorious manner”. In order for a prescriptive easement to be enforceable, the owner of the landlocked property will need to obtain either a court order through a quiet title action or a document from the landowner burdened by the easement. The owner of the landlocked land will have to prove in court:
 1.That he/she used a right of way across the adjoining property for ingress and egress.
 2.The right of way use was continuous and uninterrupted.
 3.The use was hostile or adverse to the rights of the owner.
 4.The use of the right of way was under a “claim of right” (either with the belief that the property actually belongs to the owner of the landlocked property, or with the intent to use it regardless of the property rights of the true owner). If the owner gives permission to use the access, this will defeat the action to perfect the easement.
 5.The use of the property for a period of five years. Use by preceding owners will be counted toward the 5 year minimum.
Adverse possession differs from prescriptive easements in that adverse possession delivers fee title to the landlocked owner while a prescriptive easement is just that, an easement. In addition to the above requirements, the possessor seeking adverse possession must also pay property taxes for the portion of land used for a period of five years and prove “exclusive use” .
Stopping a landlocked property owner from acquiring a prescriptive easement can be accomplished through several actions:
 1.Construct barriers or seek an injunction by filing a lawsuit.
 2.Record a notice in the county recorder’s office which states any use by the public or any person whatsoever is by permission, and subject to control of owner.
 3.Post a sign at each entrance and every 200′ stating “Right to pass by permission and subject to control, of owner: Section 1008, Civil Code.”
 An easement by implication can be created if the following conditions are met:
1.Common ownership at some point in the past of a parcel and a transfer of a portion of the parcel to another person (separation of title).
2.Before the division of title, the use giving rise to the easement must have been so lengthy and obvious as to show it was intended to be permanent.
3.The easement must be reasonably necessary to the use and enjoyment of the land granted.
An easement by necessity can be forced by a court if all the following requirements are  met:
1.Both properties were under common ownership when the land was divided and the easement was created.
2.A relationship of grantor and grantee “existed” between the owner of the landlocked property and the property over which the easement is sought.
3.“Strict necessity” for the right of way must exist.
Landlocked properties usually are unbuildable according to local building laws. Review the title carefully of any property that is served by a private road or lacks an access road. Title officers are usually helpful explaining access issues so ask lots of questions before committing to buy a property with limited or restricted access. It is very important to have a real estate professional guide you through the title review process. If you have a question about this or any real estate matter, feel free to contact me:

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37067.msg227978.html#msg227978

Offline CFECOTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 02:32:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks!  I was hoping there was Legal recourse, since the road across the patented land, was probable there before the Patent was granted.  My claim was a rich ( up to 400 oz/T) silver mine, and with the way things are, it would be fun to play with.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37067.msg228003.html#msg228003

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 04:06:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What state are you in?

Some times you can lay claim to Cherry Stem Roads with history.

Go talk to the BLM about Access!

If they can get there so can you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37067.msg228012.html#msg228012

Offline dbcolts
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug Pro
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 07:16:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good luck....we all need it prospecting and mining.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37067.msg228025.html#msg228025

Offline williamsingr
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1105.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Authorized White's Dealer, V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 05:24:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hope you figure it out soon or the old coot dies off and you dont have to worry about him blocking you into your claim, give him a good scare this devils night...lol,..just kidding !

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37067.msg228204.html#msg228204

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: