[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline viking
Bronze Member

www.metaldetect.co.za
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
South Africa
Referrals: 0

2160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2010, 12:02:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sounds like good advice.I'll
check you tube

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17966.msg117225.html#msg117225

Please Register or Login

www.metaldetect.co.za

Offline OrcamanTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
South Africa

300.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher 1236 X2
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2010, 03:30:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Ray, if you get the time won't you try and get me that Youtube address of the guy in BC? I've tried caribou Au etc and no luck. Yes, I'm serious and the only other idiot apart from me that would go and start scratching there is Viking, a mate from Cape Town and Xavier up the road, and I'm hoping that if/when I have a little success that they will join me.

I have received an email from a woman who researches and does all the land rights/access issues etc and she has got the details and will be getting back to me soon I hope. It's a public holiday here today so everyone in South Africa is BBQ'ing  Smiley

The way I see it is that if there was a good gold rush and the folks did well, even though it petered out, there will still be loads that they missed. They didn't have diving equipment like I have and I plan to work the deeper dropoffs and deeper pools. I have a really good hookah that I built and it dives 2 guys at 18 m(heavy working) no problem.

The two pics are of the compressor and me trying to get a tan!
We have been working an old trawler and have got several tons of copper and brass to date. The 2 props are next!!!  Wink

Cheers and will keep you all informed, HH

Orcaman Victory

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17966.msg117255.html#msg117255

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

009.jpg

You only live once, make the most of it!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2010, 06:35:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Orcaman , If you plan to dive the area for gold. Id say its the way to go Wink an underwater detector is probably the next tool for the job. I think you have a good opportunity to strike it rich with the dive option. Then your looking at getting the suction dredge equipment to get through the ground quickly "
 I think your onto it mate with the dive equipment, Hope for a shallow rock bottom and remember the natural gold traps , its like a sluice box that's been working for all time Smiley collecting nuggets ... and waiting for you to collect.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17966.msg117295.html#msg117295

Offline raymo238
Pull Tab

Dat me. . .
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher gold streak
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2010, 08:15:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sorry about that. it is hixonAu on youtube. Irelize that your getten a lot of advice but here is a little more. Yes that erea you are talking about will replenish itsself. Ive seen rivers in ca that have been dredged  and I'm talking about 1-6 oz aday came out and the next year while swimming in that spot on the yuba a guy snorkeling and sniping the cleaned up bed rock must have got 1/2 oz in that same spot. if there is a load around up stream then it washes down through the run off on the hill sides. when i got out of service in 86 i was cuten lumber for a while in the hills around Nevada city ca and we Had to hike into a erea on the way out i spotted a wash out and started following it . my room mate who was on my crew was behind me ,when i noticed a huge deposit  of black sand that was freshly washed there, and guess what was all along the bottom edge of that a line of gold. i looked at Matt and said see that. we decided not to tell the rest of the crew and were to come back over the weekend and i did not tell any body,but Matt must have because it was all cleaned up on sat ,keep in mind i found it on Thur. be carefull. ray

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17966.msg117301.html#msg117301

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2010, 10:03:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

HI All, Orcaman I just had a look at your google map, id say the best spot would be below your marker where there are sharp bends on the river, these points can collect the gold rearly well. Good advice Ray
 sorry to hear you were rushed like that. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17966.msg117310.html#msg117310

Offline raymo238
Pull Tab

Dat me. . .
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher gold streak
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2010, 11:16:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Goldenboy,have you ever seen a guy on youtube (zaqqa22) he has found over 1million in nuggets by detecting. do you know what part of the country this is going on in? I figure since you are from there you might be able to shine a little light on the subject. another question i have for you is  are you a detector user or do you prospect. ray..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17966.msg117312.html#msg117312

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2010, 02:17:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Orcaman

Nice looking gear you have there reminds me of my diamond diving days on the west coast.

Regards Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17966.msg117325.html#msg117325

Xavier

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

dive1.jpg

So many questions so little time

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2010, 10:10:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi All, Raymo I may have seen this guy Zaqqa22 but i can remember for shore. Ill have a look and Se if I can try figure it out ~ Australia is a big county like USA and has many good places for the prospector and detecting ! I would say a bit of both I'm a bit of a way a way form 1million, looking to get a decent start sometime soon, I was planning a trip to Victoria goldfields and in South Australia. Around next month, but now it may have to be on hold for a few more months now. A few prospects are around  here in New Zealand . When the weather comes good and I can get the time for it Smiley 

I think Victoria and Western Australia are the hot spots for the nugget hunters In Aussie
 thanks for the, you tube link, il check it out soon Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17966.msg117418.html#msg117418

Offline 1/4 bubble
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

garrett deepseeker
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2010, 12:26:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

if there is more than 1 bend in the river back to back~ check the second one....gold often "blows out" of the first turn esp if it is on a steep incline

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17966.msg117428.html#msg117428

Offline OrcamanTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
South Africa

300.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher 1236 X2
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2010, 07:04:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi 1/4 bubble, the river has loads of bends and twists from the start higher up in the mountains. The reason for checking that place 1st is ease of access initially. I'm hoping to get out there today and take some sand/gravel 'samples' and have a snorkel in some of the deeper pools, try and get down near some bedrock and scoop!
Watch this spot!

Cheers,

Orcaman Victory
Well I managed to find a good spot to get to the river and also got a few kilos of sand and gravel. In my limited ability and capacity I have 'panned' the lot and have come up with nada! Every now and then a bit of silica would get the heart stopping for a second or two. I'm not too fazed by this as although it wasn't just a random session of scooping I still reckon that done properly and methodically that it will produce.

I have posted a few pictures so one can get a better idea of the river and surrounds. The one picture shows the bank on the side which has eroded away and I got some samples from underneath it and also around and under some smallish rocks that I managed to overturn. I just used a small plastic scoop/cup and got as low as I could.

I also freaked my wife out by depositing some vermiculite in my pan! It looks just like gold.....I use it as a growing medium for my hydroponics. Violent

Cheers all, HH

Orcaman Victory

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17966.msg117944.html#msg117944

There are 6 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

004.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
010.jpg
012.jpg
Karatara pump station..jpg

You only live once, make the most of it!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: