[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline trickriderTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

accurate locator, pulse star
« on: June 21, 2010, 12:45:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Howdy Folks, am new to this forum,  but have been digging in the dirt and the streams for  awhile.

i know this site seems more oriented to Treasure hunting, and i am more interested in the yella metal,  so i am hoping there are a few folks on the forum interested in areas around the western edge of Wyoming. i do not run into many folks back in some of the old mining towns so if you are out there i would really like to hear from you..

am heading down to Caribou City, near the Palisades Reservoir in a couple of weeks to see what i can find among the tailings. Has anyone been down there? Heard there were as many as 10,000 miners there at one point in time.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15772.msg101209.html#msg101209

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 01:24:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

You try and find a treasure hunter not interested in gold, mate. Go ahead. I dare you!

According to gold hunting, treasure hunting and meteor hunting detector users from around the globe, you have found the best treasure hunting site on the Internet. Enjoy yourself, poke around and see what's here. Then take some time and contribute your experiences for everyone to enjoy.

One last thing. Welcome aboard from Australia!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15772.msg101214.html#msg101214

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 01:37:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good day Golddigger, glad to see you are still up. 
When i am not poking in crevices and under boulders, i am a currency trader so waiting on London to open... i sure have made a few bucks on the Aussie dollar lately--thank you very much. (or should i thank the RBA.) It is my favorite currency. Got hooked lying on Bondi beach. LOL
thanks for the advice, and yes i do not know of anyone who doesn't like the shiny stuff.

Glad to be aboard

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15772.msg101217.html#msg101217

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 01:43:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Still up? Heck, it's the middle of the day here, mate. The Aussie dollar has been very good to me, too! There's a fine line between what they call insider trading and very careful observation. Know what I mean? Some people get in big trouble because they study trends and can do a bit of fancy prediction on the currency markets. When I hear a rumor of an impending interest change, up or down - doesn't matter, I invest or shift investments accordingly.

Guess what? I'm hearing rumors that interest rates are actually going to drop here in Australia after 6 increases in the past 4 months. Just a rumor, naturally, but one to which I may just pay attention.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15772.msg101218.html#msg101218

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 01:58:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

GD,
i know i know, i really meant you should be huddled around the Bar B or working on a Fosters or something. i know it is only 7 pm there.
On the A$ i actually thought the RBA was going to take a breather last month,  but stayed long anyway. Thought they were getting a bit ahead of themselves before Europe started to fall apart. anyway didn't mean to get off topic here..

would appreciate a PM if you really think there is something to the rumor on cutting rates. that would definitely surprise me as i believe gold prices will continue up and oil as well since  China continues to hum along.

will let you know what i find down in Caribou City.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15772.msg101220.html#msg101220

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 06:28:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

hello trickrider ,its hard to not like the yellow stuff!! Dont know of this RBA ??
 Its late down under here now, So i shal retire for some shuteye soon AZ  Cool Welcome to the site and best of luck out in the field, finding the shiny bright yellow ...    Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15772.msg101236.html#msg101236

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 06:31:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
hello trickrider ,its hard to not like the yellow stuff!! Dont know of this RBA ??
 Its late down under here now, So i shal retire for some shuteye soon AZ  Cool Welcome to the site and best of luck out in the field, finding the shiny bright yellow ...    Cool

RBA = Reserve Bank of Australia

They regulate the interest rate on loans for homes and other things. At the moment, they are tipped to lower rates this month. Fingers crossed.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15772.msg101240.html#msg101240

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline MontanaBK
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 11:34:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hope you find some good color. I have heard Wyoming is a pretty good place for the yellow stuff. Do you nugget hunt with a detector? Let us know how you do.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15772.msg101289.html#msg101289

Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 12:59:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

hello Montana,

yes i am using an accurate locator and i am not much beyond beginner stage with it..about to buy a blanket to see if i can cover more ground on the tailings piles around here. wish there was someone else in the neighbor with experience

my son has a pulse star which he  is just learning how to use too..

am currently waiting for the snake river to drop so i can get into this drainage, one of the ol timers told be about.. he claimed that a buddy of his took out 40 ozs in two days back before the big war.. WWII.

i would be ecstatic if i can find 1/2 oz.. it is pretty hard to get to unless i can get across the river which is currently running at 26,000 cfs, and dont think me and my canoe can get back once i get across.. otherwise it will be a major pack trip in..

so how is everything in Montana?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15772.msg104858.html#msg104858

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male