[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline LarryBTopic starter
Bronze Member

KoolyKanuk
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

3553.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro,Nexxtek,Micronta
« on: January 20, 2007, 03:25:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Afternoon lads, (ooppss sorry if there's any dolls in here :-) ) She's a great day to be indoors, here in my wee cubby hole, safe and sound from the effects of old man  winter.  Smiley Got sortin' though some of my little cluttered corners and came across a little smattering of what I might call say, "Relicish" items. Grin Not relics in the true sense of the word to be sure but none the less, aged, fondly and even gently and then each one stashed away in secret little hidden corners, just waitin for little ol me or perhaps one of you even, to come across, in our adventure travels. Cool Each one, as I gaze at it here, while I type this to you, pulls the little story of where and when and all the rest of it, out into my mind's eye as quick as you could say, holy tinpot, as my good ol mom used to say. Grin

There's something very strong about being in a certain oldish and out of the way little place and standing right there, where you just discovered some flavor of treasure, that grips me, and grips me real good.  :Smiley Smiley More than once with a gentle breeze blowin softly through some ancient old pine tree, I've stood with say, a coin from the 30's and 40's, fresh from the rich deep earth, beneath that tree and felt a chill, or my hair was on point, or a quiver shook me, as some would say.  Shocked  It's like, when the hair on the back of your neck or on your forearms, let's you know that SOMETHING is up buster! The youngin's to-day, call it a Buzz, or a Rush or a High and they need to puff or drink or snort or shoot or down or all the rest of it, just ta get what this ol owl feels out there in the sticks and other secluded spaces. Huh? Grin Undecided What's to become of our youth if we don't steer 'em towards some of this neat heritage stuff. What will be their next buzz? Sad 

I get quite a charge, as we used to call it, when I Know, that I'm passing though time  right there and being guided along by all that has gone on there before me. That I chanced to be there, and to see nobody else around, and to score even an old penny there, is adrenaline juicers for me chums. Grin MajorHyper at your cercus, wit eben more tales/tails even,  sors!  Grin Grin

K, nuff mouf diereea here, scope out these cool little Relicish Rascals from the not too far gone past...Hope ya'll dig 'em 2... Cool

Lb

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1588.msg13482.html#msg13482

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Relics.jpg
Relics1.jpg
Relics2.jpg

Metal Detecting keeps us young...
lb

Please Register or Login

Offline dr.dtector
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Gold Member

FALSE CAUSE A BANANA DONT HAVE A BACKBONE
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 03:37:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

THAT WINTER FRESH TEXT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I GOT A LIPFUL OF SKOAL.~
NOT TOO BAD IF YUR OUTTA COPE.

WHAT ISZAT STUFF POUNDER??

I GOT STUFF I LIKE TOO I CANT THROW OUT & CANT FIND A HOME FOR YET~I'LL POST SOME XZAMPLES Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1588.msg13483.html#msg13483

BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bronze Member

KoolyKanuk
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

3553.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro,Nexxtek,Micronta
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 07:26:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

I think I'm tryin ta kall it "Relic-ish" stuff or something, so between me n you, I think we just started a new niche thingy of kool ol keepers fer the folks what got no idea what 2 collect yet.  And, 4 all the lads & lasses on this forum that have, like you Docman,  Grin  a similar pile of stuff they don't know what 2 do with... Cool

Ya get some of it together, clear an area on the table to work with, then set 'em up for a Kodakn session.  Keep in mind the light and the Focus as you compose your pics. Try 2 make sure the photos are  pretty clear as we all want folks to actually see whatever it is we are try'n to show 'em. Then, change the whole arrangement around and Kodak 'em again even closer perhaps... :Smiley After you do that for awhile, you can put that little group of say "mini-relics" anywhere in your flat now, on top the VCR mayhaps, the fridge, in your computer corner to brighten and liven that officeee lookin' section of your place.  One of the koolest I ever saw, was a little corner shelf thingy that was holding someones cool little group of 50's memorabilia stuff in the corner of their studio. Anyway friend, I can't think of a better use for any of this neat old stuff, than 2 share little groups of it with all in here who are interested. Wink I find that most TH'ers are inquisitive, and are usually always curious to see what other wand wavers have found where they hunt.  Cool  So ya, studlyD, go ahead and do a little Photog work fer yer friends in here and show us all some nice clear zampels.  Wink Smiley Cool

Sorry ya had to do wit out da copenhagen, but @ least, it's Kanukskoal buddyman! Grin

Chillin Kanuk

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1588.msg13547.html#msg13547

lb

Please Register or Login

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 07:49:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Interesting items you've got there.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1588.msg13551.html#msg13551

Stringfrenzy

Offline Dean
Silver Member

Robin Hood was the 1st Commie
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5897.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

T2
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 02:26:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The squarish thing with the designs holes in it looks like the bottom of a Sword Scabbard..one of the more modern Indian made ones.

Dean

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1588.msg13667.html#msg13667

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 07:50:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

nice display

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1588.msg13878.html#msg13878

Bronze Member

KoolyKanuk
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

3553.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro,Nexxtek,Micronta
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 04:48:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey thanx for the kind words Stringman and OB. Cool  Beats keepin' it all in a dusty box under the bed, at least. Wink

Hey Dean you didn't mean Indian as in Native Americans didya? Cheesy  I've got a pic of this ol' unit posted somewhere else too and a couple of folks are workin' on the ID for me over on that post. First time I heard the Indian flavor though. Huh?  Any more data on that?  The squarish, flat bricky thing has a big "C" on the front of it and a young boys name and year it was made is on the back of it. Maybe a school project or something but the date is 1927 and it came from about four feet deep along the sharply cut edge of a pit that some university kids spent a week in, looking for artifacts from the old place that used to be there, hidden in a well overgrown patch of prickys along the Ottawa River, near my house. I thought it was pretty neat. Cool

LarryB

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1588.msg14069.html#msg14069

« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 07:03:09 am by LarryB »

lb

Please Register or Login

Offline Dean
Silver Member

Robin Hood was the 1st Commie
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5897.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

T2
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 05:13:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No I ment the type made in India..you can find them at many flea markets.

Dean

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1588.msg14073.html#msg14073

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 07:10:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hope you are able to track down the info on the item your are looking for data about.  Good luck.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1588.msg14154.html#msg14154

Stringfrenzy

Offline civilwarren
Civilwarren
Bronze Member

Civilwarren
Thank you2

Activity
0%