[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Live it is a treasure to enrich the spirit
Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France
Referrals: 0

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher F75, Tesoro Eldorado
« on: October 08, 2009, 04:36:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

The model of the abbe Sauniere
Approximately ten years ago, a model appeared in the history of Rennes the Castle.
Indeed shortly before his death the abbot Sauni?re ordered between 1 and on January 21st, 1916 a foundry of the region of Aix en Provence, the realization of a model of which he has by several mails brought by the topographic indications. The only element presented as a "proof" that the priest ordered well this object is an extract of letter in which he communicates to the foundry  the last modification to be brought: 
{alt}
Rennes-le-Ch?teau ..
Dear sir, I thank you for your last letter.
Here are the information which I give you in separate pages. They are maps and views corresponding to my previous explanations for the molding.
Would you please let me know if my order may be agree please because these details oblige to modify this project and its estimate.
I count that you will watch that this improves the aspect and the information waited on the relief of grounds, measures and total dimensions.
I ask you to send, as agreed with order, the other model to my colleague Sir abbot .. abbot of ? "

{alt}

This model was discovered by a bargain hunter of the region of Lyon in a factory of disused foundry. The factory that must be demolished, this secondhand goods dealer asked to empty the factory, would have found a model in plaster, accompanied with diverse letters contained in an envelope. These letters would be relaunchings (reflations) for the payment of a order of execution of a bronze. These letters were sent to a certain B?renger Sauni?re, a priest of a small village of the South of France, Rennes the Castle. 

{alt}

Lent to Jean-Luc Robin, manager at the time of the museum to Rennes-Le-Ch?teau " The Domain of the Abbot "where the model was exposed for 3 years.
Andr? Douzet made a copy to protecter it. In this occasion, he attended the turning out and was intrigued by the elastomer, goes out of negative. A detail ( the inverted tank) drew its attention and called back to reminded him a very characteristic rock of the region of Durban-P?rillos! The " Rock Roudoune. I put in link of the photos of the Rock Roudone taken by a friend, living in the village of Opoul. A copy was made by Andr? Douzet

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

Societe Perillos
and

Please Register or Login

Other site
and still

Please Register or Login

In english
This molding would be the relief representation of a place and would summarize the last information detained by the priest who would so have represented a precise place of the region " Opoul-P?rillos " in the Pyr?n?es Orientales (France).

It is about a representation, in volume, of a well defined geographical portion. The set in plaster of modelling is dyed so as to feign a skated bronze. The base encircling the landscape is formed by four small boards of wood painted in brown surrounding perfectly the realization. The perimeter is the one of a light trapeze. (Official lists in millimeters: L1: 600, L2: 607, L1: 395, L2: 424; label cartridge: 132 X 94; height of the wooden frame: 55 on the whole perimeter; the highest point of the relief: 140 approximately).
It contains inscriptions (Golgotha Mountain of the Calvary - Garden of Geths?mani - Grave of the Christ - Grave of Joseph d' Arimathie - tank) and one cartridge (The Calvary and the Holy Sepulchre - primitive State). No indication of orientation is visible.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8490.msg53068.html#msg53068
http://www.perillos.com/courier_bs_1.jpg
http://www.renneslechateau.com/photos/format/maquette01.jpg
http://www.octonovo.org/RlC/image/mod/maquette04.jpg

There are 5 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Roc_Roudoune.jpg
Roc_Roudoune2_web.jpg
Roc_Roudoune3_web.jpg