[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline aquanutTopic starter
Bronze Member

I have 18x24 signed Giclee Stretched Canvas prints are available for $200 each. The entire set will go for $700. This is the demise of the 1715 Spanish Plate (silver) Fleet in a Hurricane and has been two years in the making. I hope you like it. This didn
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse, Tesoro Tiger Shark
« on: February 21, 2009, 11:06:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Think about it!
This is a well known source of information for us treasure hunters. If anyone out there knows of some coordinates where some fisherman has a rock pile or some shrimper has coordinates on a hang-up ( particularly in the Gulf of Mexico off the Florida coast), I'd surely like to hear about them. I had a friend once who fished off Crystal River who gave me a "X" on my chart where  he once came across a rock pile he fished. Being curious because of the extreme change in depth, he jumped in and took a look. At the time he didn't think much of it, but after talking to me,,, well, it seems, since the pile of rocks was about 60' long and about 25' wide, with smooth round rocks, in the shape of a football, he started to get the picture. I have tried unsuccessfully several times to find this anomaly. The Gulf is a very big place, even with an X on the chart. However, it would tickle me to death if somebody knew of some numbers belonging to a fisherman with a pile of rocks SW of the Crystal River that went from the depth of 15 feet to 3 feet in a matter of 60 feet. My friend died last year, so we never had a chance to go out together to find this place which so far has alluded me. I've got a boat, and I'd be willing to dive.
 Anybody got some places to try?
Aquanut

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3640.msg25031.html#msg25031

Bronze Member

I have 18x24 signed Giclee Stretched Canvas prints are available for $200 each. The entire set will go for $700. This is the demise of the 1715 Spanish Plate (silver) Fleet in a Hurricane and has been two years in the making. I hope you like it. This didn
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 07:55:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wow, I can't believe nobody has even posted so much as an opinion on this topic. Aren't there even some fisherman out there that think they are on a pile of rocks? Could be ballast stones, a reef of silver bars, a pile of cannons, an old wreck itself. Wouldn't some of you non-divers like to have me go under and check them out?
Aquanut

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3640.msg25419.html#msg25419

Offline oRo
Silver Member

Gold is where it's left behind.
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Infinium VibraProbe
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 11:16:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

aquanut; Give it some time and maybe someone will give up a few numbers. I once had a collection of loran numbers for your area, but finding them would be a chore. Smiley Do you have a boat with sonar to go explore with?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3640.msg25426.html#msg25426

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 07:11:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes Aquanut there are fishermen out there that have had hang-ups on their nets  , the problem is that most if not all of them are no members of this forum .  Most of them don't even have a computer !  The thing to do is to go out there and talk to these men when they are comming into the harbour , or have a few beers with them in the local bars . They don't like city- slickers too much though  . It worked for me  ( although not in Florida ) . In Indonesia I got plenty of these stories . Too bad I did not have the equipment to check them out .  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3640.msg25437.html#msg25437

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 08:09:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well oRo,
I do have a boat, a sidescan available to me and a Mag thats being repaired this winter, plus a couple underwater metal detectors. I hope you can find the time to come up with those numbers. Who knows, it could pay off for both of us!

Cornelius, You're right. I'm no city slicker and I do love my beer. Those waterfront bars are some of my favorites.

Aquanut

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3640.msg25441.html#msg25441

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 08:38:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Aquanut ,  you and I canget along together it seems  Clapp    Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3640.msg25444.html#msg25444

Offline oRo
Silver Member

Gold is where it's left behind.
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Infinium VibraProbe
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 09:05:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

aquanut; My collection of numbers was on 8 inch cpm floppies. When I transferred to 5.25 floppies some of the 8 inch floppies had deteriorated. I have every 5.25 in storage, but I do not have a 5.25 drive right now. The west gulf coast of  FL is like a big desert with moving sand dunes. I grew up in the Johns Pass area and spent all my free time on and in the water. The Tarpon Springs spongers are some of the most knowledgeable with the oldest history. Have you ever followed the sand replenishment dredges? You can examine and recover on the beach what they pump and take note of where they are dredging at the time. There are a few beaches that give up gold coins after big storms. The source of these has never been found as far as I know, might be to scattered to be findable. The Haslam Book store in St.Pete had in its reference section many old aerial photos and records. We found information on ancient Chinese anchors that had been found locally, some far inland dropped on the ground. Make a small prop wash mailbox so you can blow a few holes here and there. You could spend the rest of your life just looking in shallow water. I once read that some 5,000 ships were lost in the 400 year history of mining the new world.

Spanish Treasure Fleet Routes. They followed the natural currents and sailed with land in site past your area. Several fresh water springs where also used.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3640.msg25451.html#msg25451

« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 09:45:44 am by oRo »
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 01:03:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cornelius,
We'll have to get together one day when you come over. I'll buy the beer!
Aquanut

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3640.msg25477.html#msg25477

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 01:06:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

oRo,
There is probably a service bureau that can download your files to disc at very little cost. I dumped all those drives over the years.
Aquanut

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3640.msg25478.html#msg25478

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 03:32:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Aquanut . Have you been looking West of Clam Pass ?  ( North of Naples ) And another hot spot is off Sanibel Island .  Try these out if you have time
. Spanish archives confirm these spots .  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3640.msg25489.html#msg25489

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: