[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline CorneliusTopic starter
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands
Referrals: 0

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: October 18, 2009, 10:36:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

During the time of the VOC quite a few ships were wrecked . Most of them were shipping porcelain ( when they were homeward bound ) or  Silver and Gold coins ( when they were going to China / Taiwan ) The ships that were possibly lost , were ( and the names can be found on a map I have )  1)  de Keizerin   2)  de Breda  3) de Ackersloot   4)  't Hof van Holland    5) de Middelburg  . This information would be worthwile to research .  Cornelius    ( what do you think Tony ?  )

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8700.msg54543.html#msg54543

« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:39:54 am by Cornelius »
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 05:19:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well , it looks like I am on the wrong Net . Everybody here only is interested in MD . Thats  OK with me . However there is a lot more between  Pull-tabs  and rusty nails .  Just my opunion . How about the history of Spanish shipping and treasure fleets that sailed our oceans .  If there is any more history in a rusty nail then there is in the Spanish conquest of the America's , so be it  . I will bow out .  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8700.msg54577.html#msg54577

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 01:41:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

You're a bit impatient, aren't you? Those boat names are not slipping off everyone's lips because they're just not very well known. Perhaps the readers here are hoping for more information. Not only that but you addressed Tony in this post so perhaps some folks just thought it was a personal message gone astray.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8700.msg54673.html#msg54673

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 01:49:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Cornelius,

I personally very much appreciate your postings on sunken treasure. Personally I am very interested in whaty ou have to say and carry a strong interest in sunken treasure than metal detecting.

However we must understand that the number of people hunting for sunken treasure is way smaller than the one doing metal detecting. Hunting for sunken treasure requires more time and funds and probably is on a way more professional level than having metal detecing as a hobby. Hece I think that probably only a couple of people out of a thousand will have the ambition and abbility to hunt for those.

Nevertheless I personally would like to encourage you to keep on sharing some insight on shipwrecks with us.

The larger this website grows, the greater the number of interested people will get, too.

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8700.msg54678.html#msg54678

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline TonyWells
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

U/W Metal Detectors
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 10:12:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Cornelius
During the time of the VOC quite a few ships were wrecked . Most of them were shipping porcelain ( when they were homeward bound ) or  Silver and Gold coins ( when they were going to China / Taiwan ) The ships that were possibly lost , were ( and the names can be found on a map I have )  1)  de Keizerin   2)  de Breda  3) de Ackersloot   4)  't Hof van Holland    5) de Middelburg  . This information would be worthwile to research .  Cornelius    ( what do you think Tony ?  )

Yes, Cornelius, that sounds great. Many people here are always interested to know more about shipwrecks and I'm definitely one of them. Once I can get a good investor then I'm ready to go for some of those.
Cheers,
TW

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8700.msg54726.html#msg54726

Offline aquanut
Bronze Member

I have 18x24 signed Giclee Stretched Canvas prints are available for $200 each. The entire set will go for $700. This is the demise of the 1715 Spanish Plate (silver) Fleet in a Hurricane and has been two years in the making. I hope you like it. This didn
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse, Tesoro Tiger Shark
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 04:34:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm glad to see you're interested Tony. I've had a few discussions privately with Cornelius and your name has come up when it pertains to wrecks in the far East. It seems you're one of the few positioned to be able to put Cornelius's info to use! Best of Luck!
Aquanut

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8700.msg54791.html#msg54791

Offline thunter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 03:35:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cornelius, just came across this post. I must tell you that your knowledge you share here is appreciated greatly by myself and I am sure many many others. Though I am in no position to explore for sunken ships in the Far East anytime soon, I am fascinated by the research material you share with us and it some times leads me to follow some of the research trails you have trod. Keep sharing with us please. It is great stuff !!!!

Best Regards,

Pete

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8700.msg58871.html#msg58871

Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 03:59:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Pete there is so much more information I want to post on this forum . It is a shame that there are too few salvage divers on this forum though . The reason I cannot give you more information , and post some very interesting maps is that I cannot post these maps becouse  I am only allowed to post 1000KB  . Too bad I think because I do not have any grandchildren interested in my hobby ( research ) and so all the information I have will be lost . ( unless I will be allowed to post more than 1000 Kb in pictures and maps ) . Well what is a guy to do ?     Regards  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8700.msg58876.html#msg58876

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 04:06:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Cornelius
Pete there is so much more information I want to post on this forum . It is a shame that there are too few salvage divers on this forum though . The reason I cannot give you more information , and post some very interesting maps is that I cannot post these maps becouse  I am only allowed to post 1000KB  . Too bad I think because I do not have any grandchildren interested in my hobby ( research ) and so all the information I have will be lost . ( unless I will be allowed to post more than 1000 Kb in pictures and maps ) . Well what is a guy to do ?     Regards  Cornelius

Cornelius, you can upload them to the Downloads area because there is no size limit there. Put them in the maps area. Or, you can download the PhotoResizer software which I uploaded for free download.

Please Register or Login

http://thunting.com/smf/downloads.html;sa=view;down=82

Then you can post them anywhere.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8700.msg58878.html#msg58878

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 04:23:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Golddigger . If I start a discussion with some interested people I do not want to Download part of the message at some other place . I have posted on other forums and there was never any problems . So.... I like to inform interested members , but if it cannot be done in a normal exchange of messages and pictures I rather not be involved . Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8700.msg58879.html#msg58879

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: