[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline stentmartinTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Malaysia
Referrals: 0

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: March 02, 2011, 12:43:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello all,

I am writing a story about Flor Do Mar and also want to make a film about here and the conquest of Malacca.

This forum has a lot of accumulated knowledge about the Portuguese, Malacca and Flor Do Mar.

You also know a lot of Marx and his artifacts and some of you claims to be his personal friend. And he indeed is a competent and very interesting person.

The Portuguese conquest of Malacca and Flor Do Mar is a wonderful story and I am surprised nobody have done a film already.

In my spare time I am writing about the Portuguese conquest of Malacca and also want to know more about Flor Do Mar.

I want to know as much as possible about what is facts or what is fantasy about Flor and Marx since I am planning an expedition and maybe making a film about the story.

A film can  be an trilling fantasy but if it is authentic it makes the film more interesting.

You have posted on this forum several interesting links about the Portuguese, Flor Do Mar and Marx findings about her. I have red everything with grate interest and I than you for that.

It seems to me that Marx is the person how know most about Flor Do Mar.

There is one thing that troubles me and that is the big divergence about what is fantasy and what is real. I really should like to talk to Marx him selves but don't know where to find him on Internet.

I have red his article in the WreckDivingMag Issue 15, 2008, with text from Robert Marx and Photographs by Jenifer G. Marx.

It is a very interesting article about "Flor Do Mar The Richest Ship in the world".

But what is real and what is fantasy?

Here is some interesting text from Marx in his article:

"During the first season of the search in the fall of 1988, I immediately began finding shipwrecks".

"We found eight ancient wrecks within two miles of where the Flor do Mar lies",

"In addition to these wrecks, we found about two dozen semi-modern and modern shipwrecks in the area".

"In Part One of this article, I erred in writing that I found Flor on the second day of our expedition. Actually it was on the second day of our new attempt in February 1990".

"One of my fondest memories of that day was being in a rain of gold!"

"We excavated over 200 exquisite pieces of gold jewelry plus another 50 or so".

"Instead of being a hero, I ended up being thrown out of the country"?

On the other hand Tony Wells, how was with Marx, on this forum claims "we only recovered one old bottle and a couple pieces of wood..".

Please can someone give some light to this. For me it is OK if Marx make a fantasy of Flor Do Mar, but I want to know the real facts also for my writings.

stentmartin

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21752.msg149963.html#msg149963

Offline ColinT
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Aquapulse
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 11:58:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

I think if anyone had found the Flor do Mar the whole world would know?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21752.msg150047.html#msg150047

Offline TonyWells
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

U/W Metal Detectors
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 11:43:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by ColinT
I think if anyone had found the Flor do Mar the whole world would know?

That's exactly right. How could such a famous and well know ship be such a quiet find? IMPOSSIBLE! That's how. How many books were written and films were made about such great finds like the ATOCHA and such ships? So many books and even several movies and documentaries have been done about this ship because it was really found.

Why didn't even the Indonesian, Malaysian or Portuguese governments get anything - not a single artifact - from the recovery of such an amazing wreck like the Flor do Mar? No legal battles, all quiet on the homefronts, no one out 'claiming' the ownership of this and that? Come on.. it's so RIDICULOUS! and such a big JOKE!

Even you, Sten, should be able to figure out the real truth here.

TW

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21752.msg154444.html#msg154444

Offline stentmartinTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Malaysia

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 09:08:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes, I got the picture of Marx and now he call him selves "Sir Robert Marx"?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21752.msg154585.html#msg154585

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: