[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GREY RIDERTopic starter
Bronze Member

There is iron in my words
Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

540.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MARKSMAN &  FISHER  F-2     Garrett pro pointer
« on: November 18, 2011, 01:12:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i saw an interesting program about the wrecks of stern wheel boats used to haul miners and goods in the yukon  to a town called dawson  there was many wrecks and abandoned vessels right were they left em  it was neat to see them wherethey ran aground or sank . it was one of the richest gold fields to date  you know they didnt get it all you guys who prospect if you get up that way  may be worthy of a looksie . this one man carried his stern wheeler over land and the mountains  of southern alaska  and if you didnt have a years worth of provisions the canadians would not let you carry on from their side and once there you had to be self sustaining  able to repair gear and eat etc.  it took somthin like 40 trips to get his boat up there in peices  to a lake at  the headwaters of the yukon river  he had it custom designed and help get some of the first miners to there claims  but i cant imagine the effort it took  they said folks was cuttin trees by that lake to build boats and once the ice broke in the spring  it was a mad dash down river to the claims and bunches of them sank and alot of folks didnt make it  but besides the gold i bet theres other treasures there to be found . it was interesting to me and i hope to you as well so i thought i would share  JOSEY Smiley

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28581.msg202049.html#msg202049

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 06:31:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Gret rider

Thanks for the interesting story. It is truly amazing the length early pioneers would go in pursuit of gold. It really puts us modern day softies to shame Wink

Hardluck

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28581.msg217760.html#msg217760

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: