[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Buck RogersTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro Lobo super Track,  Garrett MHCX2
« on: September 29, 2009, 10:51:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I spent 3 years in the regular Army.  After I got out I joined the Army Reserve then later The National Guard.  All total 9 year.  While in the NG.  I was made recruiter for awhile.  I recruited one man whose name was Larry.  We became friends up until 1990 when he was murdered.  One day Larry told me a story of treasure.  His daddy had told him the tale.  His daddy was a WWII veteran.......When his daddy was a little boy he lived with his gran parents on a farm.  Every Year his Gran Pa would get him in the wagon and drive back to the old fruit orchard.  Gran Pa would get a shovel an dig up mason jars with coins in them.  There were so many jars that filled up the floor board of the back of the wagon.  Gran pa would then drive back to the house and carry all the jars inside.  The he would spend hours counting ever coin and put them back in the jars or replace the jars that may have been damaged.  Then the next day it was back to the orchard to rebury them.  Gran pa died a few years later and gran ma sold the farm and moved away.  Larrys daddy never tried to retreive the coins.  But he told Larry the story all his life..... Now Larry told me that he wanted that treasure.  He had been goin to the farm and searching at night with a little cheap detector he had.  Told me he got a reading one night but the dogs heard the detector sond off and began to bark so Larry made a run for it....  I told him he Ought to go tell the owners whatg he was doing and they might give him permission.  He told me that he didnt want to share with them....  Later on he told me the same story again and wanted me to help him get it.  I told him I would but I was goin to do it straight up and ask for permission.  We argued about it.  I told him " Look you been playing around with this for years.  Would you rather have part of something or all of nothing?.".........  In the end I went by myself and talked to the owners and was given permission to search.  I made a 50/50 deal with them.  Then I planed on splitting with Larry my Half in another 50/50.  I walked down to the old orchard and some of the fruit trees were still there.  I was useing a whites eagle 2 ...  I still own it and it is still a good machine.  I searched for several hours and found all kinds of junk.  The owner came down to see how I was making out and we talked for a bit.  Guess he was wanting to see if I was stashing the Loot some where.  That was one of the reasons I had walked an not driven my truck.  I wanted them to see I wasnt trying to get away with any thing.  My battery finally went dead close to sun set  I stoped back by the house and told the owner I hadnt found any thing.  He said he hadnt thought I would.  The area hadnt been that big and there should have been a lot of targets as it was burried in differant spots according to the story.  I felt at the time that I should have found something but I hadnt.  I dont know if this one is a ture one or not.  Larrys daddy could have just made the story up or Gran pa might have moved it.  Ya never know..... Buck

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8302.msg51996.html#msg51996

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: