[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Buck RogersTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro Lobo super Track,  Garrett MHCX2
« on: September 30, 2009, 05:54:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

My dad used to hunt rattle snakes.  I grew up going along with him and doing the same thing.  When I was a littler feller he took me to Skinny's cabin where it sat on top of a bluff over looking Lake Eufala.  Skinnys cabin was a small one room cabin that looked like it came from pioneer times.  Skinny lived there and had raised his family there.  Skinny chewed tobaco that he grew him self and in the winter he trapped.  He had been bitten by rattle snakes twice inside of his cabin.  My dad would go to Skinny's to hunt rattle snakes and since the bluff was kinda dangerous he would leave me with skinny while he hunted.  I remember Skinny as not being real talketive but he would some times tell me some storys of when he was growing up and about hunting and trapping.  Years later as a grown man and well after Skinny had died I went back to his place.  The old pair tree in his yard was loaded with fruit and there were old holes dug all in the yard and the floor boards were torn from the old cabin and thrown on the ground and holes dug in the dirt in the cabin.  This got me to wondering and so I asked some of the oldtimers that I new about it and they said that folks was a hunting skinny's treasure.  That surprized me as I always thought of skinny as being a poor man.  It seems that skinny had been a boot legger for years and he always had money he just didnt buy much with it.  All the money he had he burried and only took out what he had to.  Well need less to say I took a metal detector back to skinnys to see if I could find the treasure or treasures but I never found any thing but junk.  And as far as I know skinnys treasure is still on that bluff over looking Lake Euafala.  Buck

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8307.msg52018.html#msg52018

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: