[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline csharpTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

970.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« on: June 26, 2010, 05:30:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello everyone,

I have deep roots in the Victorian Goldfields and Prospect them with a passion.

Here i will give you insight to our Goldfields and how to prospect them ( this will be handy if you plan on coming over for a visit ).

I Hope you enjoy reading the information i provide.

One of Victoria's most Famous Goldfields is a minute Town named " Moliagul ", this tiny town was and still is remembered world wide to this day.

Some of the Moliagul gullies and leads i will explain there Nugget Finds and provide some History Information.

Moliagul Goldfields span 4km north to 3km south and not much either east nor west, it's Gold traveled straight towards a Town named Dunolly.

Moliagul Has numerous Reefs, Leads and open cut Mine Shafts - Mine Shafts still open Today, so if you visit be very careful as some of these shafts were sunk to depth of 250 feet.

Sparks Gully

recorded Nuggets found in 1857 - 25 ozs to 440 ozs.

Biggs Gully

recorded Nuggets found in 1860 - 33 ozs to 61 ozs.

Clodhopper Gully

recorded Nuggets found - 1858 - 34 ozs to 360 ozs, here i found an 87 ozs in 2002.

Bakers Gully

recorded Nuggets found in 1857 - 20 ozs to 120 ozs.

Black Lead

This was the most famous Lead in Australian History, this lead contained the " Welcome Stranger " weighing 2332 ozs found in 1869.

other recorded Nuggets found in this Lead - 36 ozs, 113 ozs, 114 ozs, 215 ozs, 815 ozs.

Three Grain Gully

recorded Nuggets found in 1869 - 32 ozs and a 150 ozs.

Gipsy Flat

Another famous gully, recorded Nuggets found in 1868 - 40 ozs to 150 ozs.

Some pockets on Gipsy Flat produced a potato patch of Nuggets - one hundred and ten between 10 ozs to 20 ozs, fifteen 20 ozs to 35 ozs.

Here i found in 2006 - 1.5 gram, 8 ozs, 2.8 gram, 3.2 gram, 15 ozs Nuggets.

Green Gully

recorded Nuggets found in 1868 - 10 ozs to 300 ozs.

Wattle Flat - note: most of Wattle Flat is now privately owned, last time i visited there was an excavator on site.

recorded Nuggets found in 1874 - 20 ozs to 300 ozs, multiple Nuggets - this Flat is still being worked today.

White Patch - 60 ozs to 200 ozs - this Flat is part of Wattle Flat and is still being worked today.

Inkerman Flat - many many many Nuggets found on this Flat - 18 ozs to 432 ozs - this Flat is still being worked today, it runs into Wattle flat.

I hope this information helps you when or if you visit.

regards

CSharp

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15923.msg102236.html#msg102236

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: