[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Adrian SeeTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

935.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites quantum2,QXTpro, MXTpro /Minelag excalibur 1000
« on: November 18, 2010, 07:55:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

[detecting]This is a true story,on March 4Th of 2010 it was my birthday work was slow and had the day off so like any good collector I grabbed my metal detector and headed to an old area were some buildings once stood in town,the center of California,ha-ha never give special places away,OK  any way I stopped at the field and started searching, found some clad pennies and quarters in the first five minutes and allready was getting bored when I got a penny signal from the detector it was a little deeper than the others so I started digging,to my surprise it was a dime looked different,was different here is the learning curve part I like most people not thinking lightly removed the dirt from the face side of the coin to see if I could read the date mmmmistake! it happend to be an 1892 Barber silver dime in great condition with the Sanfransisco mint mark and was also my first silver coin I love my metal detector! Days later I took it to a coin shop and found it may have been worth as much as 500.00 but that light rub off costed me about 350.00 bucks it left light scratches and the shop thought it had been cleaned but my self and the person were the only people to touch it in the last 100 years.Well you know the saying STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES Forrest Gump,but only once!still a good birthday presant to my self / Thanks Adrian See

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19320.msg126586.html#msg126586

GO FIND YOUR FORTUNE !!!!

Donkey Kong  
Offline bomber
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5229.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 08:49:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

great story but i hope its a lesson for all,thanks buddy.also thought the fishing pole story was pretty cool Great Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19320.msg126595.html#msg126595

dreams of the young are the regrets of old

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 03:07:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Adrian, be aware that your coin dealer is speaking to you from self interest. He is going to low ball the value in the hope that you will shrug and sell it to him. What you did is not recommended but if you sell the coin on eBay, for example, you will realize a far better price. Your dealer was preparing you for a very low offer.

Did he make you an offer?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19320.msg126663.html#msg126663

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Adrian SeeTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

935.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites quantum2,QXTpro, MXTpro /Minelag excalibur 1000
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 09:06:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

[detecting]He sure did a $100.00 offer ooooh ahhhh NOT! He wasn't even close to the number I was looking for but he did give a nifty plastic case for it LOL! [great]but of coarse unless its dealer and not a retailer your not going to get even close /its that proffit margin thing I suppose?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19320.msg126788.html#msg126788

GO FIND YOUR FORTUNE !!!!

Donkey Kong  
Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: