[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline MountainDewedTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

45.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 45.0.2454.101
Chrome 45.0.2454.101

Awards

looking
« on: October 07, 2015, 10:11:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Very nice lady down there. I stated I was new to the hobby of metal detecting and asked what the rules were for Bartlett parks and she said as long as it's a small hole, filled back in that all is good. She did say that the ball parks were off limits and strenuously stated it about the soccer field as a no no. She thanked me for asking and told me to enjoy my hunt. Clapp Smiley

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60958.msg302070.html#msg302070

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 01:34:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Not liking to go out law, remember some times it's best to ask for forgiveness before asking for permission.   If there are NO signs or obvious reasons like Locked Gates or what ever and it's Public Property, it's yours to play.   Don't ASSUME you need Permission.  If Public do your Thing.   Never Play the  Under Dog.

If you can Play Ball, BB-Q,  Or just Pick Nick as the Public you can Metal Detect.    Are You or Are You Not John Q Public Huh?

Any One with half a Brain would know Manicured Grounds like Ball Diamonds or Piches would be a No Go.  Every thing around them like Bleachers, Concession Stands would be cool.  If it's Public Grounds and OPEN, it's open for you.  Just follow the Basic Rules.  Cover your holes, Don't Dig the Green Grass and stay away from groups of people.  No One will bitch.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60958.msg302074.html#msg302074

« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 01:45:22 pm by homefire »
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 01:48:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

its good when folks work with you, enjoy your finds,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60958.msg302075.html#msg302075

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 01:54:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just Remember , Your NO different the the other Park Users.   Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60958.msg302076.html#msg302076

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 45.0.2454.94
Chrome 45.0.2454.94

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 09:11:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Glad you were allowed.  Nashville public park policy clearly states no metal detecting same with Murfreesboro and most larger cities. Especially Chattanooga.  Don't even let the police see you with a detector.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60958.msg302114.html#msg302114

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 41.0
Firefox 41.0

Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 07:43:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Here You GO !   Received this E Mail Yesterday.      Cheesy

ATTENTION TASK FORCE MEMBERS:

URGENT CALL TO ACTION NEEDED!

CALL TO ACTION!

Dear Task Force Members:

There is a situation in Mason City, Iowa that needs immediate attention.
Mason City, Iowa wants to ban metal detecting from its city parks.  The Parks Department will be meeting at 6pm on Tuesday, October 13, to discuss the banning of metal detecting from its parks, simply because someone asked for permission.

Take a few minutes to review the news article and board meeting minutes (links below), then write an email, or call the board members listed below to voice your concerns over this issue as soon as possible.

Article: 

Please Register or Login

http://globegazette.com/news/local/man-with-metal-detector-fails-to-dig-up-mason-city/article_2c62c214-37d9-5c2a-8227-04c1d43f0808.html

Minutes: 

Please Register or Login

http://www.masoncity.net/agendalist.aspx?cid=9257

MASON CITY PARK & RECREATION BOARD MEMBERS:

Don Nelson - Chair
Phone:  641- 530-4154    Email:    dnmb3653@gmail.com
Kyle Easley - Vice Chair
Phone:  641-430-2033    Email:     kj_easley@yahoo.com   
Steve Diaz - Secretary
Phone:  641-420-2424    Email:    rcthunder23@yahoo.com
Frank Pearson
Phone:  641-425-8660    Email:    fjpearson@live.com

Please be polite in your communications with board members, and if you live in the area, attend the meeting!

Get the word out, and help protect our hobby!
Forward this to anyone you know in the metal detecting community.
The Task Force for Metal Detecting Rights Foundation

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60958.msg302142.html#msg302142

Offline MountainDewedTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

45.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 45.0.2454.101
Chrome 45.0.2454.101

Awards

looking
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 08:47:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Karl
Glad you were allowed.  Nashville public park policy clearly states no metal detecting same with Murfreesboro and most larger cities. Especially Chattanooga.  Don't even let the police see you with a detector.

This is why I asked and also because of the stories I have read about how strict certain areas in TN can be. It amazes me that someone can be put in jail for digging a piece of dirt. I've also had my fair share with the law and would rather have permission than deal with a young cop itchin' to abuse his/her newly acquired power and they're out there. Just because it ain't posted doesn't mean they can't harass us for it imo...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60958.msg302143.html#msg302143

Offline golddustcarl
Silver Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 42.0.2311.135
Chrome 42.0.2311.135

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 08:37:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Way to go mountaindewed Clapp You represented our hobby well.

Dusty Carl

Posted on: October 10, 2015, 07:32:39 pm
Homie,

You posted that on the community board also, so I guess what I posted there is appropriate for here as well.

To all,

I took the liberty to send this email to the chairman of this committee Don Nelson in hopes it will help sway his mind and vote. Feel free to copy it and send it to the other board members Edit if necessary, or write your own. You may be facing this same situation someday yourself.

Good Day Sir,

I am a resident of Phoenix, Arizona, and happened to read an article in your newspaper about a proposal to ban metal detecting in your city parks. I am an avid detectorist and I feel this motion to ban this all American hobby is a little too drastic. I completely understand the city's position on the city parks and agree with you concerns about keeping these parks as neat and clean as possible for all to enjoy. Yes it is true that just one careless person can make a big mess in the park as well as cause liabilities. But look at say a picnicker that drops a beer bottle cap on the ground and a little child picks it up and swallows it or drops it into the sand in the playground and another little child steps on it and cuts their foot. Would you ban all picnickers from the park? How about a runner that slips and falls on some food left on the ground by a picnicker. Again would you ban all picnicker and runners from the park to decrease your liabilities?   Probably not. A good way would be to educate park users on the do's and don'ts and how they can use the park. I don't want to see your parks trashed either by uncaring people. Our city with it's many parks has not banned metal detecting because of the great work done by our detectorist and prospecting clubs. We all have the same motto: "FILL ALL HOLES" which is engrained into all of the meetings, newsletters, outings and just general conversation. If we see trash we pick it up and put it in the waste refuse barrels. If we find items that could hurt someone such as, but not limited to, are broken bottles, beer bottle caps, drug paraphernalia and needles, razor blades, etc After all our kids and grandkids use the parks too. We don't want to see them hurt by something someone else carelessly discarded. We also will fill any holes we find that someone else left behind, and if we see anyone digging large holes, or has a pick or shovel, we remind them that such things are dangerous to the public and destroy the beauty of the park. We also report such people. We have found that items such as coins are usually buried less than a few inches below the ground therefore large holes are unnecessary, so we have developed tools and methods to make the smallest hole possible to retrieve them. We educate all members on those methods and tools as well. We try to find the owners of all signed jewelry and personal objects that we find. There are laws about theft by finding, and we obey them. Sorry this is so long winded but what you do in Mason City today could reverberate throughout the country tomorrow.
My suggestion is to work with the metal detecting community and not against them. The majority of them are just like you, they put their pants on one leg at a time, have children or grandchildren, pay taxes and vote.

Sincerely yours,
(your name here)

Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60958.msg302151.html#msg302151

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: