[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline coinshooterDIproTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites 6000 DI PRO SL
« on: June 26, 2011, 09:49:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello
Well I went to my family reunion this weekend at MALLO CAMP WYO. I had done some research on the internet about this place, found out the camp was started If memory serves me right in the mid 20's, While I was waiting for my cabin to get unlocked I decided to walk around a little found where a couple of really old cabins had fell in and was burnt then covered up with about 8 inches of fill. I seen the caretaker of the place and asked him if I could do some metal detecting he said yea that would be alright. this was about 7pm so the next morning I was up before everyone else and went metal detecting for an hour or so.
The first signal I dug was a 1955 SILVER dime at about 3 & 1/2 " then there was pull tabs galore the second find was a full metal jacket bullet then I dug up a 1940 wheat penny and some more pull tabs then I got a nother penny signal at about 1/2" thought it was a clad but boy was I wrong, it was a 1947 wheat penny setting on top of a rock about the size of a roll of black tape and then I got a really solid nickel signal at about 9" this was the final dig and Grand Prize of the weekend,I dug and dug and got to 8 1/2" and out popped a nickel no remember the fill I told you about I'm still not sure what it is I started rubbing the dirt off and I about done doo doo in my shorts. It turned out to be a 1936 Buffalo nickle, YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAW. I WILL BE BACK TO THIS SPOT AND PROBBLY OFFER SOME FREE SERVICES FOR MANTINENCE AND UP KEEP JUST TO BE ABLE TO KEEP HUNTING THIS AREA.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26238.msg184070.html#msg184070

Offline ambuscher
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

140.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's Eagle Spectrum, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 04:27:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

congrats on the find. always love the buffaloes

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26238.msg184093.html#msg184093

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 08:26:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Congrats and it sounds like a neat place that you were digging. Those buffalo nickels are fun to find! Silver, too! Hope you find even more when you get there again! Good luck! Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26238.msg184117.html#msg184117

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: