[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline thebottlefreakTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

320.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

discovery 3300
« on: June 27, 2010, 07:32:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

ok guys i got out to the high school today boy what a scorcher 85 degrees in ny today baked but i was determined ok not the take i had visioned but after 4 hours i came away with 16 clad quarters 9 clad dimes  21 memorials but  i did manage to get one 1952 d dime a 1936 wheat and a 1941 wheat one house key and a broken key not hardley any junk to speak of i saw sighns that someone might have beat me to this spot but there are still iffy signals that read one way and a diferent reading the other couldnt get out on the ball field they had some kind of game or tryouts going on all day still havent touched the elementary school yet saving that for next weekend quite a bit of area there going to take a number of trips to search still going to hit high school again as soon as i can they also have a football practice field thats all natural grass only started to scratch the surface well thanks for reading and may all your finds be silver and gold oh yeah one last thing i found a class of 2010 charm that really gave me a scare looked gold in the hole but just tin or something real heart stopper lol

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg102393.html#msg102393

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

DSCF1547.jpg
DSCF1548.jpg
DSCF1549.jpg
DSCF1550.jpg

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:39:53 pm by thebottlefreak »
Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
78%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 09:31:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Didn't take long for the class of 2010 to lose their charm, did it?   

Nice finds.

(I know it's all relative, and I know I don't have to put up with the humidity, but I'd kill for 85 degree weather---we've got that before 9am---and it's starting to put a damper in my hunting  Angry  )

Thanks for sharing...hope the elementary school yields some real old coins for you

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg102424.html#msg102424

Offline Ironman
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

945.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT,  Minelab SD2200V2,  White's Coinmaster, Coinmater 6000/Di 3
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 09:44:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nice haul!  I wish I was hunting in 85 degree weather!  Must be nice! Last time out I was covered up so I wouldn't get burned up. I think I lost ten pounds!

Ironman

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg102433.html#msg102433

Those who say it cannot be done.....
should not interrupt the person doing it!

You will never find Treasure.....
unless you hunt for it!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

320.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

discovery 3300
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 06:44:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

wow 85 by 9 where are you located i cant even amagine those temps moybe theyll invent a portable air conditioner that you put on like a backpack for metal detecting with a helmet like hat where the cool air blows down on you so exactly what time are you going out to metal detect? i know theres more good finds at the high school so im not giving up there yet got alot of clad paid for my gas i exspect to find alot of clad at the elementary school i did get one silver dime so who ever was there before didnt get all the finds so i hope he or she missed more on the ballfield or the practise football field as roadkill jim says some times it pays to dig the iffy signals so ill give that a try and see what turns up well i got up early with hopes of going to the firemans field for an hour or so but wouldnt you know it its raining i hope it stops  shortly so i can get a short hunt in before work saving the schools for the weekend so i can devote more time there if too much is happening at the high school then the elementary school is the prime target well thanks for the reply and thanks for reading my post and may all your finds be silver and gold
ironman where are you located i guess i should be happy it was only 85 degrees but the school has vurtally no trees for shade and the practice field and baseball diamonds are wide open nothing to block the sun well its suppose to be in the 80s again on saturday but i wont complain what time do you get out to detect im taking plenty of water and suscreen with me along with spare batteries i hope to get a full days hunt in with a short lunch break i probably wont hunt the iffy signals just yet trying for the deffinate ones first the elementary school has a running track and a baseball diamond also with plenty of lawn not quite sure how much acre wise but more than the high school ill take some pics of the area and post with my finds im sure everyone has seen a lawn before but itll give you an idea of the area im hunting well bye for now and may all your finds be silver and gold

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg102467.html#msg102467

Offline Foiled Again
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1535.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

No detectors at the moment, 100 gpm suction dredge pump, 2" hand operated gold sucker, handmade bucket classifier, 9 inch cleanup sluice with v-matting
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:13:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi TBF looks like nice hunting grounds, nice finds I havent been out for while the earth is just so dry in my area. Wish you luck on you next outing, Im going to Alaska for the 4th, I hope to have some luck while I'm there.Foiled

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg102474.html#msg102474

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

320.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

discovery 3300
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 11:32:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

thanks for the reply foiled sorry to hear how dry it is there i hope you get out while your in alaska maybe youll come across some gold nuggets i hope you can get out soon at home ill be glad to send some rain your way ive had enough here that i can share some looking at the doppler radar here its going to end soon for about 2 hours before the next batch rolls through just enough time to get out for a short hunt before work ill post any finds hopefully atleast one silver bye for now and may all your finds be silver and gold
well guys i didnt make it out today as planned had something come up at the last minute but tomorrow looks like a better chance no rain either  Clapp i guess i can hold off till then well bye for now and may all your finds be silver and gold

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg102538.html#msg102538

Offline Foiled Again
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1535.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

No detectors at the moment, 100 gpm suction dredge pump, 2" hand operated gold sucker, handmade bucket classifier, 9 inch cleanup sluice with v-matting
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 12:26:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks I'll be going to an old mine in AK,to search the tailings and doing a little panning also. I hope you catch a break in the weather so you can get out. I just need a good steady rain here for a day or two I dont like digging turf when its so dry. I have alot of pastures, and fields, and woods, and creek banks to keep me busy if it stays dry like this. Well take care. Foiled 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg102546.html#msg102546

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

320.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

discovery 3300
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 12:52:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thanks for the reply foiled ive never tried panning for gold never been anywhere where i could try but ive seen it done on videos and on tv specials i hope you come home with some nuggets or atleast some gold dust i would like to see your finds when you get back so please post some pics or even some pics of the mine if possible about the rain thing i mentioed earlier its raining cats and dogs here right now and im going to have the rain gods send some your way so you can get out it may cool it down to 90 or so atleast 80 by 9 i hope you dont have to gear up to just go out side well let me know if the rain gods are good to you well bye for now and may all your finds be silver and GOLD!!!!!!  Detecting Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg102551.html#msg102551

Offline cgbaker14
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I Use My grandpas Ace 250 and SOmetimes his 2500
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 03:26:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

great finds Shocked Kiss

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg102567.html#msg102567

Offline Ironman
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

945.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT,  Minelab SD2200V2,  White's Coinmaster, Coinmater 6000/Di 3
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 05:03:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Bottlefreak,

I am located in New Mexico. On my last hunt it was in the high nineties. It did rain that day and cooled thing off quite nicely in the late afternoon. There are trees where I hunt so I can sit under one and cool off which is nice. the last time my Grandson and I went on a hunt near Socorro New Mexico we did not wear to much sun protection. It was over 100 degrees that day and we came back looking like lobsters with the back of our necks and arms really bad! This last Wed I went out but I was wearing long sleeves, neck shade, gloves and also had my face covered. It was hard to get used to but I feel it was worth it to not get burnt this time. The next day I made a trip to REI and purchased a very light weight long sleeve shirt designed to keep the sun out and at the same time wick away sweat. It is truly feather light! I make my own neck shades so they will cover our faces now as well. Gloves have always been a given for digging. I also purchased a pair of light weight hiking pants that you can very easily turn into a pair of shorts without having to take off your boots. I hope this new stuff will help with the heat. I am going to try it out on our next outing.

Good hunting to you!!

Ironman

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15954.msg102596.html#msg102596

Those who say it cannot be done.....
should not interrupt the person doing it!

You will never find Treasure.....
unless you hunt for it!

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: