[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline CyberborikuaTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Tracker IV, BH Pioneer 505, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Trac, Hybrid Cobra Beach Magnet, Tesoro Sand Shark
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 10:01:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by jarrow
Cyberborikua the  Neckerciief slide I found Monday
hope this works

Great! Looks like the same one I found just yesterday. Try to focus your camera and reduce the size of your picture a bit (to about a 150kb) Nice find, circa 1967 it seems!  Cheesy

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25457.msg177187.html#msg177187

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 11:47:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

uhh, guys, let me clarify.   I didn't mean to imply that either of those slide were circa 1967.   What I meant was there was NO Webelos neckerchief slide prior to 1967 PERIOD.  Therefore neither slide can be older than that date.   Prior to that date the members of the webelos den would have used either a Cub Scout slide(wolf's head) or a home made slide or (very rarely) a Boy Scout slide.  I have no idea which of those two slides is older or even if the difference is due to their being manufactured by different suppliers during the same time frame.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25457.msg177199.html#msg177199

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Tracker IV, BH Pioneer 505, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Trac, Hybrid Cobra Beach Magnet, Tesoro Sand Shark
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 06:58:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by BitburgAggie_7377
   uhh, guys, let me clarify.   I didn't mean to imply that either of those slide were circa 1967.   What I meant was there was NO Webelos neckerchief slide prior to 1967 PERIOD.  Therefore neither slide can be older than that date.   Prior to that date the members of the webelos den would have used either a Cub Scout slide(wolf's head) or a home made slide or (very rarely) a Boy Scout slide.  I have no idea which of those two slides is older or even if the difference is due to their being manufactured by different suppliers during the same time frame.

BA

It's ok, it might be around those years late 60s or 70s. I just emailed Mitch Reis, a scouting memorabilia collector for help and am expecting a reply. His site is at:

Please Register or Login

http://mitchreis.com/index.htm

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25457.msg177243.html#msg177243

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 08:02:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

I found one of those a few years ago - like the 1st one pictured. I thought the symbol was an ear of corn and farm related. Never bothered trying to ID it - thanks for sharing the find. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25457.msg177261.html#msg177261

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:07:23 am by Sue »
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 09:18:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

The Webelo's go back to the 40's but in the beginning it was a cross over from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts. When I was a Webelo back in 63's it was not a rank but if you had received your Lion badge  and were 10 1/2 you could become a Webelo and start working on your Tenderfoot Badge for Boy Scouts. In 1967 the Cub's did away with the Lion rank and made Webelos their top rank and at that time it became a 2 year program including most of the old Lion requirements and the old Webelo requirements. So as BA said it was not till 67 that Webelo became a rank and had is own neckerchief and slides

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25457.msg177275.html#msg177275

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 11:38:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Sue
I found one of those a few years ago - like the 1st one pictured. I thought the symbol was an ear of corn and farm related. Never bothered trying to ID it - thanks for sharing the find. Sue

I knew it was a scout slide as soon as I found it and put it away with my not so valuable stuff. Once I found the second one I noted a difference and posted the question. Well I did not even know those sell online. I guess that we name anything and people collect it. We'll keep u all posted on any further development. Thanks for sharing Sue.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25457.msg177298.html#msg177298

Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 11:41:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Cyberborikua
I guess that we name anything and people collect it.

You hit on a big key there......"Everything is worth something to something to someone.   The challenge is getting the right something to the right someone at the right price to you."

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25457.msg177299.html#msg177299

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 11:42:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
The Webelo's go back to the 40's but in the beginning it was a cross over from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts. When I was a Webelo back in 63's it was not a rank but if you had received your Lion badge  and were 10 1/2 you could become a Webelo and start working on your Tenderfoot Badge for Boy Scouts. In 1967 the Cub's did away with the Lion rank and made Webelos their top rank and at that time it became a 2 year program including most of the old Lion requirements and the old Webelo requirements. So as BA said it was not till 67 that Webelo became a rank and had is own neckerchief and slides

Thanks for sharing. Yeah, chances are both slides are from that time, but it seems they haven't changed much and could also be more recent. Will see.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25457.msg177300.html#msg177300

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 02:58:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by BitburgAggie_7377
You hit on a big key there......"Everything is worth something to something to someone.   The challenge is getting the right something to the right someone at the right price to you."

BA

Yeah, it is amazing. I know a folk that is crazy about collecting old dog tax tags. He is in my list of traders for he is willing to trade tokens and silver coins for them. Same for old bottles Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25457.msg177323.html#msg177323

Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 03:59:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Cyberborikua
I know a folk that is crazy about collecting old dog tax tags.

Well, considering you can regularly find them SELLING on e-bay it's not surprising.   Old dog tax tags get a lot of attention at my club's monthly meeting.  What really get's peoples juices flowing is when we get a pre-1912 tag that say A.T. (Arizona Territory).  So far the oldest one I've seen at the meeting was this past month.....1890 something.

Bottles make a bit more sense to me, since they are so  fragile that it's unusal to find a really old one intact.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25457.msg177329.html#msg177329

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: