[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bluenoserTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 112.0.0.0
Chrome 112.0.0.0

Awards
« on: April 27, 2023, 01:01:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Peso Pirate of Puerto Plata 2023

Arriving on the shore of the island it was not long before my first mate (Marie) and I settled into our quarters and I was out the door with Zen Guru (AT Pro).  Being gob smacked full of sun tan lotion I must have seemed like a strange creature to the locals.  Lasted about 2 hours on this first sortie with about a dozen foreign coins....well they were foreign to me!  Returning to the room after this was an experience as every second person asked how I had done.  Standard reply of "Found a few coins" was volunteered. The corpus amount of hot water under the show was oh so good.  The bed on the other hand was a throw back to the time of Fred Flintstone.  Mister Man when I laid upon it there was no bounce, no comfort and no joy.  This proved to be a thorn in my side for the 2 week stay.

By the third day the routine was set.  Sleep. eat and dig.  Each morning I would go to the breakfast buffet and get "our" seat by the window where I would watch the world go by with a coffee while awaiting my mate to make her grand entrance.  Grub was fit for one...a grub worm that is as everything was tasteless or bland.  No mustard, bacon nor decent sausage.  Too add to the misery hot sauce for omelets was not to be found.  The horror....the horror!

Had to wait a few days for calm water before venturing in.  Not much that day nor any other in the water. With so much beach to cover that did not present any draw back to my amazement as I meandered here and there in a section each day.

Fortune favors the brave as we did three field trips.  One to Puerto Plata City, Sousu Beach and the last to Cabarette.  Each trip was by public transit which in it's self was an adventure!  The drivers were a cross between Mario Andretti and Evil Kanevil.  Amazing that they could pack 20 passengers into  van the size of the old Volkswagen ones.  jammed in like can of sardines big time.  Plus side was that each round trip only cost $8 round trip whereas a one way trip from the hotel to the city cost $40 USA.

Suppers were the same routine as breakfasts.  Got to tell you I would not want to be a chicken in the Dominican Republic as I am sure their life expectancy was a mere 3 weeks!  After the first week I was eating soup and bread for each meal as my mate stuck to the pasta grill.

Nightly entertainment was a dance fest save for Saturday night when the locals invaded the resort for the weekend.  Saturday we were enthralled with a magician who could make just about anything disappear save for my sore shoulder and knee which was comforted by "El Presidantie" now and again.

No surprises or great finds on this trip.  Just glad to have gone.  Glad to be home.

Once safely at our abode Marie gave me a trim spending 5 minutes on my head and 20 on my chest and back.  Lord love a duck has the woman no pride removing the hair that "moved" to these areas.  Will the Peso Pirate of Puerto Plata return next year or will he pillage and plunder some other Caribbean Island?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,75304.msg336129.html#msg336129

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

ppp1.jpg
ppp2.jpg
ppp3.jpg

Marked as best answer by bluenoser April 27, 2023, 09:54:53 pm
Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
7%
Male
Australia

6075.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 112.0
Firefox 112.0

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 02:58:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good to hear of you again bluenoser
you done well better than anyone that still read the forum.
remember it's not the destination, but the journey that matters  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,75304.msg336132.html#msg336132

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
3%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 112.0.0.0
Chrome 112.0.0.0

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 07:00:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Way to go Bluenoser!  Getting away from home for a while and enjoying yourself with the wife in a tropical location sounds like a dream!  congratulations on a good time and the nice finds.  Always good to hear your adventures.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,75304.msg336140.html#msg336140

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: