[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline stringfrenzyTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« on: March 15, 2011, 08:37:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You ever have those days where you're just finding odd items.  Well I had almost forgot about this and just ran across it on the computer.  I don't think I ever got around to posting it so here it is.  I had been hunting a bit of an odd area.  Signals were sounding strange tones/numbers were off and so on.  I had just pulled a 1903 Indian cent from about 2" deep that was in pretty bad shape at least if memory serves right it was a 1903 when I hit an odd signal about 6.5" deep and got this U.C.C.P.C. token.  Funny how some things you can remember like it was yesterday. 

The token was roughly about the size of a US quarter if I  recall.  Not sure now as it is stashed in my token collection somewhere at the moment.  I believe it was what was known as an "incuse" strike and the design was excat on both sides saying "WORTH 10CENTS U.C.C.P.C."  Token seemed to be made of a quite thin aluminum or tin.  I apologize for the quality of the picture maybe iI can find a better one on the computer yet...it was a little harder to get a clear picture of...very shiny so dealing with glare at times.  This token had been recovered somewhere around October of 09 but  thought I would still go ahead and share it since it did seem to be a rather odd token find that I still know very little about.

Thanks for viewing.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22093.msg153931.html#msg153931

Stringfrenzy

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

UCCPC tin token.JPG

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 09:27:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Stringfrenzy now that's pretty cool i have only seen one other of those and that been a while back.

Congrats on such a neat find !!

Posted on: March 15, 2011, 09:23:33 PM
(Copied from another site just to provide some insight for those who would like to know)
Possibly made by the Leyse Co. (of Kewaunee, Wisc). The aluminum planchet is very thin and has been compared to the foil used to wrap individual sticks of chewing gum. The style of manufacture has also been called ?Bracteat? after a medieval style of manufacturing coins where one side has raised letters, and the other side is incuse. Two distrubtors of Double Cola, a soft drink made in Wisconsin and Michigan, used similar tokens. This token was at one time a common sight in the junk boxes of Wisconsin coin dealers. ******One seller thought this was the Union Carbide Consumer Products Corporation.
Source:

Please Register or Login

http://www.tokencatalog.com/token_record_forms.php?action

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22093.msg153964.html#msg153964

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline stringfrenzyTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 11:53:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good information Karl.  Thanks for sharing it with us.  I've known about the possible tie to the Union Carbide Co.  There was also other very useful information that I was able to gather from your post as well.  I gotta say when they say thin aluminum they aren't kidding either.  When I first dug it I remember thinking that it was a flattened piece of foil or even flat piece of pop can until I noticed the markings on it.  The markings caught my eye and that's when I realized that it was some form of token.  Thanks again for the input.  Much appreciated.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22093.msg154026.html#msg154026

Stringfrenzy

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 10:19:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Anytime Stringfrenzy , glad i could help.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22093.msg154114.html#msg154114

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline whart
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

5.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X
Mac OS X
Safari 12.0
Safari 12.0

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 08:34:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello. I found a uccpc 10 cent script in Canton Michigan.  If anyone has any further history on this item it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22093.msg326328.html#msg326328

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: