[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dowserTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:08:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Back in 2002 i was in Arizona driving up the Hasseimpa river bed with a buddy, looking for a lost safe washed into the river bed, in the late 1800's. While staying in the river bed and continuing up river further than fools canyon, we spotted some tailing piles not far off the 2 trac. While exploring the old diggings, with no aparent mine visable, just shallow holes in the ground, we could tell that the quartz in abundance was all extreamly mineralized, with signs of tourquoise, and much volcanic activity. The area was huge, and there was no signs of anybody working the area in a long time, and no way heavy equiptment ever entered the area. While looking around to see if there was any signs of gold, i noticed a hole about the size of a softball in the side of a small outcropping of quartz. The whole area was deep purple with minerals, and there wasn't any sign of granite around, showing how big the vein must be. On closer look the hole was a hidden enterance to a small cave, not much bigger than a man, but leading in past my line of sight. As if someone picked there way forward, with a small hand pick, strange it was. Apon removel of the rocks, while getting picked by cactus needles, i had no gloves, i could see there was about two inches of cactus needles on the floor, and they evidently have been blowing in through the small hole for a very long time, in order to build up so much.. I couldn't procede without a flashlight, or a mat, so i had to leave the area. When the mining town of Fools canyon was hit by the water, all the 100 miners were lost. This mine i found is within one half mile of Fools canyon up river, i left the opening uncovered, and there is no claim markers anywhere to be seen. What's real interesting is that on a map this mine is in the same line between the vulture mine, and Stanton/Octave mine.  Both places had extreamly high concentration of gold, and i'm sure this is in the same Gold bearing volcanic crack that fed those.. Good luck, and let me know if you find it, and what it has to offer..

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10336.msg65054.html#msg65054

Offline Azjake
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

340.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Xterra 705, Tesoro Diablo 2
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 05:32:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Interesting! I'm off to google earth.  If I can narrow the area down a little on  I will drive out tomorrow.

I did a few hours of exploring in the area but have not located it yet.  I was mainly looking at the north side of the river, because of people shooting on the south side.  I'm going to head out there again this week if work allows, or this weekend.  Thanks for the info.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10336.msg66036.html#msg66036

Offline couminerfan
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 12:29:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Azjake  . Did you ever find this area?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10336.msg102346.html#msg102346

Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 04:19:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by dowser
Back in 2002 i was in Arizona driving up the Hasseimpa river bed with a buddy, looking for a lost safe washed into the river bed, in the late 1800's. While staying in the river bed and continuing up river further than fools canyon, we spotted some tailing piles not far off the 2 trac. While exploring the old diggings, with no aparent mine visable, just shallow holes in the ground, we could tell that the quartz in abundance was all extreamly mineralized, with signs of tourquoise, and much volcanic activity. The area was huge, and there was no signs of anybody working the area in a long time, and no way heavy equiptment ever entered the area. While looking around to see if there was any signs of gold, i noticed a hole about the size of a softball in the side of a small outcropping of quartz. The whole area was deep purple with minerals, and there wasn't any sign of granite around, showing how big the vein must be. On closer look the hole was a hidden enterance to a small cave, not much bigger than a man, but leading in past my line of sight. As if someone picked there way forward, with a small hand pick, strange it was. Apon removel of the rocks, while getting picked by cactus needles, i had no gloves, i could see there was about two inches of cactus needles on the floor, and they evidently have been blowing in through the small hole for a very long time, in order to build up so much.. I couldn't procede without a flashlight, or a mat, so i had to leave the area. When the mining town of Fools canyon was hit by the water, all the 100 miners were lost. This mine i found is within one half mile of Fools canyon up river, i left the opening uncovered, and there is no claim markers anywhere to be seen. What's real interesting is that on a map this mine is in the same line between the vulture mine, and Stanton/Octave mine.  Both places had extreamly high concentration of gold, and i'm sure this is in the same Gold bearing volcanic crack that fed those.. Good luck, and let me know if you find it, and what it has to offer..

Hello Dowser . You must of found the Mine !! We have not heard back from you in a while . Best of Luck !!
HH.........Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10336.msg104068.html#msg104068

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline jen
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

cheap detector
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 08:06:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

sure would be interested in hearing further..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10336.msg136026.html#msg136026

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 09:05:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

I haven't been back in that area in a while yet. I posted that lead for others out there, and i was curious if anyone went looking.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10336.msg136261.html#msg136261

Offline Speedracer
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

white DFX 300
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 08:29:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

wow real interesting. these are the kinda of things i like chasing down.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10336.msg136725.html#msg136725

Offline Azjake
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

340.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Xterra 705, Tesoro Diablo 2
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 12:49:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I did quite a bit of looking around and have not found it.  On the north side of the wash upriver is the only spot I saw a big quartz outcropping, but no mine.  Was it right out of the Hassayampa, or off of a road near the it. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10336.msg136960.html#msg136960

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 03:56:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

As you head up the river past fools canyon, you'll see a large stone foundation on the other side of the river up on the side of the hill, and i'm not sure what that structure was. But keep going to where a two trac goes straight up for a ways, with a steep drop off on the left. Right where the trac starts to climb keep looking back to the left right before the hill is to steep, and you will see the real mineralized quartz, with the tailings piled up. The mine entrance is hidden, but i uncovered it, and wasn't able to go in because it was a crawl hole that filled in with cactus. I went looking for it a couple years later, but wasn't sucessful. It's there it's just hidden, and nobody's been there since the late 1800's..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10336.msg137169.html#msg137169

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 10:59:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sounds like a good lead dowser, I'd be back looking for that if I had found it  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10336.msg137244.html#msg137244

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: