[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ken-laTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites dfx, garrett MH7
« on: July 28, 2010, 09:21:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

First the location:
  North of ruston, la. and south of farmerville, la. is Lake D'Arbonne, headeing south-west out of the lake is bayou that intersects hwy 151 [ 32?41'31.42N - 92?35'02.24W ] you can see a boat landing using google earth. Across from the landing on the south side of the bayou & north of the hwy is where my mother was born, this house place was already there when her parents moved in & would be a good place to metal detect by its self but on with the story.
   My great grandfather Jack Colvin owned the land between that house place to the edge of the large oval pond to south west, his home was about 1500 feet heading south on hwy 151 from the bayou & on south side of the hwy. Across the road to the east was another old home place. I think a timber company now owns all this area.

The treasure:
  My great grandmother hoarded money & hid it in all sorts of places, i dont know how 'full' it was but on birthdays should open a 20lb flower sack full of money (coins) and give my mother or her sisters some money from the sack. After she passed away we found money hid in & mixed with the flower and some more in other places around the house but never found the sack. Was it gone long ago? never found? found by someone else who never told? no one knows or has ever told.

The worst part:
  My grandfather was eccentric also, he moved a trailer in next to the old house but had no running water & go for weeks without bathing. around this place he piled mounds & mounds of trash. someone living closer might have time to pick through the mess and find something.  hh

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16763.msg107489.html#msg107489

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: