[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline guncollector7Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter
« on: March 06, 2010, 03:53:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This story is about my Great Uncle Gene. Born early in the 1900's he lived through the depression and swore to never trust a bank ever again. He lived on 15 acres where the Tittabawassee River crosses under Center Rd. in James Twp., Saginaw County, MI. He owned and operated a dump there for years and to this day you can sit in your boat and hunt for bottles and silver plated ware etc. along the riverbank there.

What most people are unaware of is that he hoarded money. He used to pack mason jars with silver dollars, halves, quarters, and dimes. he buried them throughout his property without even a word to his wife. After he died she had discovered a map and with her kids began to dig. They found jar after jar after jar. What I believe is that he had many maps hidden in many places and they only got there hands on one of them. He even planted a jar of money under each walnut tree that he had planted in the late sixties. Thinking his grandchildren would get a bigger reward I guess.

A few years after his passing, Aunt Evelyn sold the place and moved into a senior living facility. If she knew of anything else it went to the grave with her.

The home is occupied now and I doubt the owners would allow permission to do anything. Should it become available to buy or rent I guess I would be first in line even though I live far away. The treasures on this land should make anyone smile with a little hard work.

Many Rewards to those who try, G7

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12089.msg77917.html#msg77917

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 05:59:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good story G7 Thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12089.msg77927.html#msg77927

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 06:33:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

G7, thanks for the story.  Good thing your uncle lived up in Michigan, otherwise someone's going to stumble on one of those mason jars someday and start a Jesse James/KGC gold rush on the property  Smiley 

just kidding about the last part, folks.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12089.msg77936.html#msg77936

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: