[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline jajayoTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

110.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites goldmaster II, MXT, 6000 Di pro, Tesorso Vaquero.Metal
« on: August 14, 2010, 11:37:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello; I live in Arizona and I find it interesting that there is very little info about the Indian wars. Most of the battles here in Arizona. occurred between the US Military and the native Americans. The only civil war battle fought here was the battle of Picacho Peak in the southern part of the state. My town was the home of Fort Verde and there has been quite a few relics found here associated with those battles. Later I will post some pics of those relics that I have found.
   Most of the military artifacts found, that were associated with the Indian wars, are the same as those found on civil war battle sites, with a few exceptions.
 I would like to here from folks that have found relics from the west that were associated with those battles.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17153.msg110375.html#msg110375

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 04:07:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Indian "battles" were more like skirmishes, over in a day or two at most. When you consider that Gettysburg lasted a lot longer than a few days and involved tens of thousands of troops, you can see why it gets more attention. Early Indian skirmishes had only one side using metal objects which were very, very precious in the frontier west. Getting a replacement gun or rifle could take many months. Losing one by dropping it was a death sentence.

Today, when I leave the house or lock my car, I pat myself down to be sure I know where wallet, keys and essentials are before I lock the doors to either. If I considered my weapons equally important, I'm quite certain I would to the same to be sure I knew where all of my "inventory" was and if it was secure. Thus, I can see why there are far fewer lost items in the frontier west except around home sites.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17153.msg110474.html#msg110474

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: