[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community
   
Advanced Search
*
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
2
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Offline DocStoreyTopic starter
Pull Tab
*

Join Date: Jun, 2009
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Posts: 15
Referrals: 0

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« on: April 09, 2011, 05:17:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

It has been published for many years that South Carolina has the most battlefields of any colony during the American Revolutionary War. Seems you can not go more than ten miles and see a plaque that says so and so had a shootout with British forces on this date and time. Or Brithsh forces shot it out with colinial malitia here on this date and time. Around 90% of these battlefields are now on private property and the other 10% are on public lands, National Parks and Forest or State Parks. You can go view these places from the road next to the designated plaques or walk the designated pathways setup but a park service. With in 15 miles of my home I can go to and see where five battles or skirmishes were fought. Many here were contributed to a young Major William "Bloody Bill" Cunningham. At the begining of the war was a patriot who changed sides to hunt and kill his former comrades in arms.

Below is a link to a extract to an article written by Judge J B O'Neal

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.diceylangston.com/bloodybill.php



Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22735.msg161706.html#msg161706




Logged
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member
*****

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Join Date: Jun, 2009
Thank you205

Activity
8%
Male
United States
Posts: 11166
Referrals: 12

47578.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 10:55:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

One major factor that caused so many battles was the protected small harbors and inlets along the coast. Arms, ammunition and gunpowder were brought into the colonies by way of St Thomas in the Virgin Islands from France and others who supported the revolution. South Carolina was protected vigorously because of the privateering and gun running. Without that, we'd all still be eating pork pies over there.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22735.msg161748.html#msg161748




Logged

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines | Sitemap
Copyright THunting.com