[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline MelbhunterTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

30.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 41.0.2272.101
Chrome 41.0.2272.101

Awards

MXT Pro, E-Trac, Ace 250
« on: April 01, 2015, 03:01:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi all from Melbourne, Aust. Just found your forum, looking forward to digging around here for good advice and tips.

I'm picking up my first Whites today. I've spent the last year with an E-Trac and done really well with it shooting in parks etc. My one trip out prospecting was beyond frustrating so I thought I'd look around for a detector that I can continue to work the parks (90% of time) and also maybe be able to swing it in the gold-fields without going crazy. This led me to the MXT Pro and I'm heading out to pick it up this morning.

Hoping I've made a good choice, seems from what I've read here that I wont be disappointed, even with the re-learning from the E-Trac to a Whites.

cheers all

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60079.msg294373.html#msg294373

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 03:19:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi, Melbhunter!  Welcome to the forum from eastern Oregon!   Welcome   I have never used a MXT before so  I know nothing about them. Good Luck in the gold fields!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60079.msg294374.html#msg294374

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline au fever
Mod
Silver Member

Thank you84

Activity
0%

Australia

3950.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.2
Windows NT 6.2
MS Internet Explorer 10.0
MS Internet Explorer 10.0

Awards

whites MXT Pro , minelab GPX 4000
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 04:39:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Melbhunter , Welcome to the forum from NT Australia , I also own the Pro , should do OK as a nugget hunter unless the ground is highly mineralised then it will groan ,if you use the search function here , there is some good information concerning settings on the MXT , good luck out there ..cheers Mick

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60079.msg294381.html#msg294381

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 06:09:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Melbhunter
Hi all from Melbourne, Aust. Just found your forum, looking forward to digging around here for good advice and tips.

I'm picking up my first Whites today. I've spent the last year with an E-Trac and done really well with it shooting in parks etc. My one trip out prospecting was beyond frustrating so I thought I'd look around for a detector that I can continue to work the parks (90% of time) and also maybe be able to swing it in the gold-fields without going crazy. This led me to the MXT Pro and I'm heading out to pick it up this morning.

Hoping I've made a good choice, seems from what I've read here that I wont be disappointed, even with the re-learning from the E-Trac to a Whites.

cheers all

Congrats on you new Machine, If you need any help just Call,  You will notice how much fast the MXT is at sorting out Targets, This Machine is about Finds In your Bag and it is Very Good at Prospecting,

Good Luck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60079.msg294384.html#msg294384

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 40.0.2214.109
Chrome 40.0.2214.109

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 07:52:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Detecting  Good luck with the new machine Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60079.msg294392.html#msg294392

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Chrome 41.0.2272.101
Chrome 41.0.2272.101

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 11:23:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome to the forum Melbhunter
you choose a very good machine.
Let us know how it goes.
From Melbourne Australia

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60079.msg294405.html#msg294405

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

30.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 41.0.2272.101
Chrome 41.0.2272.101

Awards

MXT Pro, E-Trac, Ace 250
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 11:26:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I got in a quick 1 hour hunt at lunch time today. With no more knowledge than how to turn on and start swinging, I walked over a patch I've smashed repeatedly alongside my mate's XP Deus and my E-Trac. In the hour, I somehow managed to find a pair of silver filigree ear-rings, a silver toe-ring and $7.70 in change.
All I can conclude is that my E-Trac just doesn't recover quick enough in trashy areas and the XP, well that's a sweet machine but my mate seems to be forever kneeling down digging to China for another lump of nothing. Think he needs some more practice!

All in all, I would have copped it on the chin if I found nothing, but to find this lot in a smashed park is pretty impressive in my book....I'll head out again over Easter once I've had a chance to read some of the detail in Jeff Fosters book.

Thanks for the kind welcomes all, glad to be on board here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60079.msg294406.html#msg294406

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 05:40:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

I got in a quick 1 hour hunt at lunch time today. With no more knowledge than how to turn on and start swinging, I walked over a patch I've smashed repeatedly alongside my mate's XP Deus and my E-Trac. In the hour, I somehow managed to find a pair of silver filigree ear-rings, a silver toe-ring and $7.70 in change.
All I can conclude is that my E-Trac just doesn't recover quick enough in trashy areas and the XP, well that's a sweet machine but my mate seems to be forever kneeling down digging to China for another lump of nothing. Think he needs some more practice!

All in all, I would have copped it on the chin if I found nothing, but to find this lot in a smashed park is pretty impressive in my book....I'll head out again over Easter once I've had a chance to read some of the detail in Jeff Fosters book.

Thanks for the kind welcomes all, glad to be on board here.

Yep, The MXTs Kill other Machines hands down and No Matter what they bring out Nothing can Match it, I have over 2000 hours on that Machine more like 3000 at last count, The Battery Life in the book says about 40 hours But it is Closer to 60 Hours, I always changed my batteries at 57 hours and they still weren't flat, And it is Very Hot On Gold Prospecting you Could not have A Better all round Machine, Period. and the cost is a lot Less than the Etrac and the Deus,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60079.msg294408.html#msg294408

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

30.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 41.0.2272.101
Chrome 41.0.2272.101

Awards

MXT Pro, E-Trac, Ace 250
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 10:36:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well after the hour I got in yesterday, I decided to head back this morning. As I said, this spot has been hammered by me (and I'm pretty darn good with the E-Trac), the XP and also had my ACE 250 cherry picking the goldies. I spent 2 hours there this morning before the dog walkers arrived and decided I'd dig only the VID's that showed Australian spendables (tested at the site first). What I found has gone further to confirm to me that this machine is something quite special. Not only did it find the coins pictured (just over $30), I was stunned when it also found a junk target after re-sweeping my hole. Quite apparent to me that the E-Trac had nulled out on these targets and I've been costing myself a lot of good finds.

Anyway, pretty stoked, looking forward to experimenting some more

cheers

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60079.msg294438.html#msg294438

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 10:44:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well after the hour I got in yesterday, I decided to head back this morning. As I said, this spot has been hammered by me (and I'm pretty darn good with the E-Trac), the XP and also had my ACE 250 cherry picking the goldies. I spent 2 hours there this morning before the dog walkers arrived and decided I'd dig only the VID's that showed Australian spendables (tested at the site first). What I found has gone further to confirm to me that this machine is something quite special. Not only did it find the coins pictured (just over $30), I was stunned when it also found a junk target after re-sweeping my hole. Quite apparent to me that the E-Trac had nulled out on these targets and I've been costing myself a lot of good finds.

Anyway, pretty stoked, looking forward to experimenting some more

cheers

WTG, I did the same thing as you and I had an Etrac A Sovereign GT and the Quatro. and then I searched the place in the Snow using the MXT Pro with the 12" Concentric coil, and even with that Big Coils it made the Others Look Stupid,

I have about 2-3000 hours invested in that Machine so if you need help just Call,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60079.msg294441.html#msg294441

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: