[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline marcal76Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: September 09, 2010, 06:24:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

hi have a nice day to every one. could you me an idea how to desperse the fumes i thought that is h2s or potassium cyanide.we are using gas musk to penetrate the hole but still feel hard breathing Cheesy Crazy Crazy

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17817.msg114516.html#msg114516

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 03:37:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

What kind of gas mask are you using? I once wrote in to 3M asking if they had any filters that would take care of cyanide gas; the answer was NO. I'd suggest installing a ventilation fan with flexible piping to draw out the gas, and to spray the tunnel/cave with a fine mist of water for added safety. Or even better, just wait for natural convection currents to do the work for you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17817.msg114709.html#msg114709

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline marcal76Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 12:10:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

have a nice day sir,
       thank you for the information, the gas mask that we us is 3m for confine space with red color of respirator filter we used also a ventilation fan inside the hole.what is the best gas mask must be used in this situation?

thanks and GOD BLESS YOU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17817.msg114856.html#msg114856

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 04:15:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

There are escape hoods (with attached respirator) which claim to be effective against several forms of cyanide gas. I do not recommend using them as a primary measure against such gases. As the name "escape hood" implies, they are only meant to be used for a short time so that you can escape; assuming you detected the gas early enough (be warned: some forms have no discernible odor). Unfortunately, some users think that they can wear such hoods for a long period and still be safe, or lose track of time when working on the dig. Please do not make that mistake.

Some people have found success by burning the entire confined space with a fuel (ignited remotely, of course), then misting the confined space with generous amounts of water. After that, only will they don the escape hood and enter for short periods. You may consult your local dealer for such hoods. Be sure to check that the cartridges are still in undamaged wrapping and that it has not gone beyond the expiry date. If the site is too risky, forget about it. The greatest treasure is your life.

A little something to add: I just spoke to a chap who's used those escape hoods before. He says not to go beyond 15 minutes of usage in hazardous conditions.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17817.msg114876.html#msg114876

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: