[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 02:16:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

joe;

image-1183, the left one could pass for Moonstone, looks more like common Opal, all the others, except the quartz crystal can be some kind of Jasper, nice rocks. Not natural, though.

The sample of common Opal, that I had, from Washington state, was light molasses colour.

None of them are blue.   No no!

What happened to the blue one??

goldigger (Brian)

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6849.msg42336.html#msg42336

goldigger

Offline joe
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

pulse induction
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 04:09:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the comment sir Smiley,all of them still with me sir Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6849.msg42344.html#msg42344

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2009, 10:30:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

joe;

Did you try dowsing with any, yet, that nice white one would be good or the crystal..... you never know!

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6849.msg42536.html#msg42536

goldigger

Offline joe
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

pulse induction
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 06:47:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

if you could teach me how  Huh? ,how to make the dowsing rod(copper rod)the measurement,and the procedure sir,it would be kind enough for you to P.M me the procedure sir....... Wink Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6849.msg42749.html#msg42749

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 04:57:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

joe;

Did you read my post?? I could not find it, after I posted it, but the Internet was being weird, that night.

My post has all the instructions and you could use a wood rod, with a 3 way fork, in the end.

I don't know how religious you are, what I have to say next may... um... be against your religion. What I said, in the post, is the basic way to make something, in another, very old religion.... I don't belong to that religion, I just know about some of it.

I watched a TV show on how a Wiccan could make a wand and this is the basic way. They used an oak limb about 2/3 of a meter long, and as thick as your finger, so I figured, heck, I have no oak, but copper water pipe I can get.... its easy enough to do if you know about copper.  Heat it red and cool it in water, makes it soft, while bending or hammering, makes it hard.  Wise

If you want to try it, I can only guess how you know when it works.... probably a tingling feeling. Who knows, a couple of the bent rods might work just as well, for you. When you use it think only of what you want to find, gold, silver, water, a person, fish, if  you like fishing.

You know this email might get moved to a different topic, but that's OK.... its NOT blackbox technology, its very ancient religious stuff, that your Priest will probably have you excommunicated for using. Its free, its not a calculator glued to a toy gun... but you might pay for it in the long run. If you have the natural, God given, ability, you can make it work.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6849.msg42829.html#msg42829

goldigger

Offline SICARIITopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

dowsing rod
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 09:00:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Golddigger,

Hello sir, the blue stone is intact. Im doing everything to make sure it is not fake before e-bay. Could you tell me please what other methods to knew its value?

Regards,

Sicarii

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6849.msg42998.html#msg42998

Offline ksightler
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 VLF; Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 Pulse; JW Fishers Pulse 12
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 09:27:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GD,
    I got me rolling brother.... I thought you were a geologist.... LoL... Well you seem to know about sedimentary rock... it does appear to be sedimentary... and correct me if I am wrong.. doesn't blue usually mean a high content of copper? I still am grinning ear to ear from your words of wisdom bro...
Keith

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6849.msg43011.html#msg43011

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2009, 10:27:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

ksightler;

Geologist, me! Don't I wish.....

I told you, I'm a rockhound and probably know more about particulars, because a geologist deals with large scale generalities. A mining engineer has to know some geology (at least the mechanics of it,) so a rockhound needs to know the practicalities and peculiarities of geology. (I hated geology, in school!)  Mad

Yes, blue can indicate copper presence, but not necessarily, also gneiss, or any ALTERED sedimentary rock, will not appear to be sedimentary, that is why they are called altered, of course.

Both garnets and mica can occur in altered rock, some jaspers  are altered rock. And by altered, I do not mean "replaced," that is a whole nother ball o' wax! I have seen mountains of what is called "garnetiferrous schist," which is a micacious schist containing garnets... it is ALL altered, and once sedimentary. Can you imaging the awesome force needed to ALTER a mountains worth?  Amen  Pray

The breccias (Italian for broken) are not pre-sedimentary, although they can be, but usually breccia is large chunks with another intrusive material, between the chunks, also breccia is usually sharply angular pieces. Then tere are conglomerates, primarily cemented alluvial material, not altered.

The blue stone is sharply angular, but tiny pieces of a different shade of blue, AND there is nothing to indicate  a sedimentary source. If it is not man-made material, it is unique to my experience.

Some blue stones are blue because of iron, not copper (where you would expect yellow, green, brown or black.) Then there is sapphire and topaz.... Irradiated topaz is water blue! No copper. Sapphire is Mg2Al4SiO10, no Cu.... its blue to colourless, the same stuff known as ruby, has a tiny bit of chrome, so it is red. The same chrome makes garnet green.

Turquoise can be very green but it is copper base.... no chrome.

You can make assumptions but they are not necessarily the case.

Apparently the Mg content can cause red or blue, with other elemental influences.

I believe aluminum can influence blue colouring in rock, also. I could list lots of gem stones, without copper, that are blue.

It is a VERY involved subject.  Wise

I have an idea, on the blue stone, but will not post it... it would cause dissentional flaming!!!!!!!! To coin a phrase.  Shocked Shocked

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6849.msg43044.html#msg43044

« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 10:31:04 pm by goldigger »

goldigger

Offline ksightler
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 VLF; Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 Pulse; JW Fishers Pulse 12
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 10:39:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GD,
  U never cease to amaze me....  Wink 

U know more about rocks than the average joe... I know about altered..... do you think it is? I still have yet to see close ups of this rock... U know I was kiddin about the geologist crack...LoL
But I don't think many people here would understand what you described above... quite educated for most........

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6849.msg43046.html#msg43046

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 10:46:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

SICARII;

Just noticed your post.  Shocked

Lapis = Lapis Lazuli or Lazurite....also Ultramarine.

Na4(to5)Al3Si7O12S  Sodium Aluminum Silicate with Sulphur  Na4Al3Si7O12S.... just had to try thr "subscript" button!!  Funny

It has been used, for centuries, by grinding to a powder for a blue paint.  Wise

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6849.msg43048.html#msg43048

goldigger

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: