[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline abercombre
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
Philippines
Referrals: 0

130.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 07:53:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thanks daemoncoyz... i appreciate it Smiley at least you're a real person not like some punk out there. instead of giving an advice they just try to piss you off. you know what they say can's that are empty are those noisy.. lol.  Grin

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18249.msg122285.html#msg122285

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 08:52:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

abercombre no one is trying to piss you off but you sure are trying to piss some one off.
What you have are rocks just rocks get a good geological book and study you need it. Being 22 I would have thought you would have learned some matters guess not you have told a mod. to shut up after he answered you  if you don't want all opinions don't post questions

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18249.msg122292.html#msg122292

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 09:04:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by abercombre
thanks daemoncoyz... i appreciate it Smiley at least you're a real person not like some punk out there. instead of giving an advice they just try to piss you off. you know what they say can's that are empty are those noisy.. lol.  Grin

Please assume nothing of the kind. Nobody here is trying to anger you. We are trying to teach you a bit. Treasure signs are very, very rare for a number of reasons. The first is that treasure signs are almost never left in the open. They are marked down, hidden in books or papers - not cut into rocks. In the Philippines, the treasure seekers there all get seduced by the possibility of marks being made in rocks when your islands are just overflowing with fractured rocks. A natural fracture can look as it it was made deliberately but it is rarely so.

Soldiers hiding treasure, if they even had time to carry it, would not dig into the ground, bury a treasure and then put a rock over it. Nearly all of the treasure plundered by Yamashita was discovered with him in his camp at his capture. Almost all of it. That has been related here dozens of times and the dreamers among your countrymen seem deaf or blind to that.

Most of the signs in the rest of the world point towards things that will keep you alive. A sign warning of danger most likely means if you go there, the cliff edge might be fragile. Treasure hunters often assume that the danger sign means a trap over gold. That's just plain silly. Who would the would be treasure hiders be leaving the message for? Anyone who had a legitimate claim to it would know of any trap. They wouldn't need a rock carving to tell them. Some signs just point towards water or the next populated area. Not to treasure. They point to meeting places. Not to treasure.

When we try to relate this to those who passionately believe in hidden treasure, they get angry. Please don't be one of them. The folks here who are telling you that treasure signs are rare are experienced in these matters. I, for one, am concerned about the safety of treasure hunters who may disregard warnings and enter a cave or underground tunnel looking for something that simply is not there. I would hate to see 22 years of age be as far as you make it because you believe we have only the motive to make you angry when the truth is that we don't want to see you chasing fairy tales into dangerous places.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18249.msg122294.html#msg122294

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline abercombre
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
Philippines

130.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 09:05:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

[quote link=topic=18249.msg122004#msg122004 date=1287732654]
You found what? More rocks? Where? In the Philippines! Holy mackerel! I must be dreaming.
[/quote]
 Seldom,
well i accept this as an answer"they are just rocks"...  don't have to say such words like that. that is why somebody is asking it's because they don't know.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18249.msg122295.html#msg122295

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 09:10:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Seldom,
well i accept this as an answer"they are just rocks"...  don't have to say such words like that. that is why somebody is asking it's because they don't know.

No. I was mocking the question because it is so often asked. It wasn't you being singled out. I often do that very thing. Go ahead and search around the forums here and see how often the question comes up with the same result. No treasure reported or found. Just more pictures of rocks in the forest. Everyone should have a dream but they shouldn't share the same dream.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18249.msg122296.html#msg122296

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline abercombre
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
Philippines

130.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2010, 09:23:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

golddigger1950,

I am asking an apology if i misinterpret what you said and thanks for the information you just wrote. I didn't mean to irritate anybody in this forum, i don't have the right to do that. again i am sorry for i am mistaken and thanks for the info's...

Posted on: October 23, 2010, 10:17:33 PM
yeah i can see you do that often.. Smiley

Posted on: October 23, 2010, 10:21:50 PM

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18249.msg122301.html#msg122301

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2010, 09:31:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

golddigger1950,

I am asking an apology if i misinterpret what you said and thanks for the information you just wrote. I didn't mean to irritate anybody in this forum, i don't have the right to do that. again i am sorry for i am mistaken and thanks for the info's...

Posted on: October 23, 2010, 10:17:33 PM

Posted on: October 23, 2010, 10:21:50 PM

Life was meant to be fun, young lady. Don't take it seriously. Nobody gets out of it alive.

Just a few weeks ago, a report here on this forum told of two treasure hunters in the Philippines who lost their lives in search of treasure that wasn't there. If you getting angry with me keeps you from doing something dangerous, I am smiling inside about it. If it makes you think twice, even better.

I've been to the Philippines many times and love the gentle, caring nature of the people there. One day, I may go back there again but it won't be to hunt for treasure. There are easier places to find that. But don't give up. During the war, many families hid their possessions, including jewelry and cash, from the invading Japanese soldiers. Nobody ever talks about those caches which may still be there. The Japanese were merciless, often killing families because they thought they could be a danger to them and tell the Allied Forces where they had gone. Those were horrible days and your grandparents may have told you stories of it.

Sometimes, in remembering the horrors of war, the teller gives hope to the story and that is how the rumors of Japanese treasure began. After all, nobody has to prove a rumor. Right? It's just a story. Until the second telling. Then, for some odd reason, a rumor often takes on the label of a fact. In reality, it is just the second telling of a rumor. Nothing more.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18249.msg122302.html#msg122302

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline abercombre
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
Philippines

130.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 10:07:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I understand,now i know, thanks.. I remember when i was in elementary school in my province, there's a lot of japanese tourists visiting that old school giving gifts like candies pens, papers, etc. for the students and then of course the teacher's welcome them too. they talked about enhancing the school and moving the flag pole, so they moved it, they we're the one financed it. What we didin't know is there were a couple of gold bars hidden under the old flag pole and they took it. after that they didin't come back anymore until now...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18249.msg122305.html#msg122305

Offline Cyberborikua
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Tracker IV, BH Pioneer 505, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Trac, Hybrid Cobra Beach Magnet, Tesoro Sand Shark
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2010, 10:11:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I liked your inquisitiveness though. Yes, those look like natural cracks in the rocks, but if if you find something really indicative of a treasure, first become informed about your country's laws and regulations for such finds and any other legal issues. You don't want to break the law and end up in jail. Research pays and keep you healthy and out of potential trouble. The Phillipines are a beautiful chain of islands. Your country and mine, Puerto Rico, have many cultural things in common due to the Spanish link and the events after the Hispanic American war of 1898. Good luck and keep looking  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18249.msg122306.html#msg122306

Offline redflex900
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Pitcairn

195.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

TF-900 Discovery
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2010, 02:20:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

About the markings on the rocks,just to make it reliable and worthy, marks on rocks must be deep and large enough to accommodate chisel thickness that were used by Japs. If it is negligible, rough, irregular and thin, disregard it..If you want to know about rock markings so that you will not be biased, try to go to the river,,,there are many rocks & boulders there with interesting marks...this way you will know how to determine what markings are natural & man made..I just want everybody's enlightenment on this matter...just to avoid unnecessary expenses & time...so that the retrieval of treasure will be faster & smoother...Good Luck!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18249.msg122329.html#msg122329

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: