[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline HobbyistTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 03:15:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Again I gotta repeat myself: ringing them up will not yield results. Refer to my last post. Now you can apologize for your dogmatism. I won't hold anything against you. Smiley

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17803.msg114701.html#msg114701

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
77%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 05:36:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Okay, I just got off the phone with the Tesoro people in Prescott, Arizona.   They really are very nice people there and very helpful.   While they are not prepared to give a specific date, getting a ballpark time frame was fairly easy.   (And working in a similar type of industry, I can understand not wanting to give a specific date or even a specific month).   

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17803.msg114816.html#msg114816

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 06:12:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

BitburgAggie thank you for your effort. It was a given from the start that Tesoro staff would not divulge much, if anything at all and yes, through the years they have always been nice people. I'm still hoping to hear from the fortunate few who have been privileged to field test the latest Sand Shark or it's replacement.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17803.msg114822.html#msg114822

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 02:41:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
BitburgAggie thank you for your effort. It was a given from the start that Tesoro staff would not divulge much, if anything at all and yes, through the years they have always been nice people. I'm still hoping to hear from the fortunate few who have been privileged to field test the latest Sand Shark or it's replacement.

But they did reveal all to me, and more. They told me about new products in development and what exactly went wrong with the Sandshark.

In plain English, you didn't even bother to ask and that was my entire point to you from the beginning. ASK THEM YOURSELF instead of pretending that they won't tell you. Go ahead and do it now. Trust me and BA when we tell you that they WILL answer you and they WILL give you information. They SELL things, you know. Things they want YOU to buy. Why keep that a secret?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17803.msg114864.html#msg114864

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 03:49:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
But they did reveal all to me, and more. They told me about new products in development and what exactly went wrong with the Sandshark.

In plain English, you didn't even bother to ask and that was my entire point to you from the beginning. ASK THEM YOURSELF instead of pretending that they won't tell you. Go ahead and do it now. Trust me and BA when we tell you that they WILL answer you and they WILL give you information. They SELL things, you know. Things they want YOU to buy. Why keep that a secret?

Your plain English is not pursuant to my inquiry. I never said they refused to tell me, so don't put words in my mouth. As Bittsburg found out, they are reluctant to reveal too much. All that is moot anyways, because if you were to read more carefully, you'd see that I want to hear from people who AREN'T selling the machines. Now stop being such a hissy megalomaniac. You're not getting your way in this matter. Just realize that you are not the alpha and omega of this forum and that others have different approaches.

Once again, anyone who is involved in independently field testing the successor of the Tesoro Sand Shark, kindly share your thoughts on the machine if possible. Thanks!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17803.msg114874.html#msg114874

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 04:17:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
Your plain English is not pursuant to my inquiry. I never said they refused to tell me, so don't put words in my mouth. As Bittsburg found out, they are reluctant to reveal too much. All that is moot anyways, because if you were to read more carefully, you'd see that I want to hear from people who AREN'T selling the machines. Now stop being such a hissy megalomaniac. You're not getting your way in this matter. Just realize that you are not the alpha and omega of this forum and that others have different approaches.

Once again, anyone who is involved in independently field testing the successor of the Tesoro Sand Shark, kindly share your thoughts on the machine if possible. Thanks!

Yes, I realize that you would rather lie and tell tall tales about your experience with Tesoro. Now, you are prepared to die in a ditch over your lies and false accusations. You never did "know" anything. You just came here and blustered on about how they would never tell anyone anything and you got caught out in your own nonsense. Now, you can't even be man enough to simply go silent and let others decide for themselves. Both BA and I have been in contact with Tesoro on many occasions and everything I ever asked was discussed at great length. BA was, in fact, told the full story but he toned it down to save you a bit of embarrassment. Since you took that as a tool to attack me here, I won't be so kind.

I told you to contact them and you simply said it would be a waste of time. You pretended to know the "company stance" as you put it when you never even bothered to try and find out what it was. I advised you to contact them and you went after me with your fangs bared. That's a stupid, stupid thing to do. I'm not one to run from guys like you and let them simply bad mouth a company who doesn't even comment here on this forum.

Your move. Silence is your best option here. It'll keep you from looking like a complete fool.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17803.msg114880.html#msg114880

« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 04:56:17 am by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 05:11:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes I know full well the company stance. Your big ego is preventing you from seeing the forest for the trees, so to speak. That is a company who released the problem-prone Shark series of detectors; so problematic that it had to be withdrawn from production. And you're insisting I contact them to get proper information about the new replacement?

Simple logic would have it that anyone with a vested interest in a product is hardly an unbiased source of information on that product. I'd rather expend my efforts trying to find one of their field testers and hopefully get a less-biased opinion.

I'm afraid it is you who has been giving bad advice, insisting that I take your bad advice, throwing hissy fits when I refuse to accept your bad advice, and now you do look like a fool. This is most unbecoming behavior from a moderator. Shame on you!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17803.msg114882.html#msg114882

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 01:41:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Now you have had the last say and I am locking this topic.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17803.msg114970.html#msg114970

Let's Talk Treasure!

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 06:49:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Please refrain from locking threads without reasonable justification. Thanks!

I forgot to mention this: anyone who as information on the latest Sand Shark and wants to help me but keep things on the hush hush can send me a private message.

Just click on my screen name "Hobbyist" on the left side of the screen, and scroll down to "Send this member a personal message". All information will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. I merely wish to make an informed buying decision.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17803.msg115762.html#msg115762

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.