[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline TH Jim
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

16.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Surf PI, C-Scope CS2M
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 10:48:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Glad to see freedom of speech is alive and well in the land of the free Clapp
{alt} I warned you and you still did not stop

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38272.msg236676.html#msg236676
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnmute.gif

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 12:04:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by TH Jim
Glad to see freedom of speech is alive and well in the land of the free Clapp

It is free. He was free to speak and still is. Just remember, free speech can have consequences. Now stop being a crybaby. I'm serious. This has never, ever been an issue of free speech. This is a private forum with rules. If you don't like them, feel free to speak up about them. And then be prepared to face consequences if that speech is counter to our policy here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38272.msg236680.html#msg236680

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline TamitoysTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

315.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F2 Whites MXT  Minelab Excalibur II
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 08:35:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Knight
Silver Member

Activity 28%

5050.00 Gold
View Inventory 

Sandy is comming
« on: October 25, 2012, 08:34:04 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here she comes. hurricane Sandy.She will flip the sand for us...  Got the ole Hurricane magnet all set up with the flux set to Connecticut. Charging the detector batts...... Course ...I work for a local power company so will have to wait till we get the lights back on....   

Posted on: November 11, 2012, 08:21:30 AM
ok guys this site is not for me. I think in the future if you find some post you dont like. Delete it or talk to someone on the side. Its like being told off by your mom. I feel this matter was not handled in an adult way. Like everyone had there shot at me if they liked. Not cool. I tried to block this post , but you unblocked it . I feel if i started the post i could delete if i liked. I thought this was over but it goes on and on and on. Dear GOD! STOP
Have a nice life, and happy hunting to all that understand that i was not in any way out of line. I will remove myself from this site and move on.

Posted on: November 11, 2012, 08:34:44 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok guys this site is not for me. I think in the future if you find some post you dont like. Delete it or talk to someone on the side. Its like being told off by your mom. I feel this matter was not handled in an adult way. Like everyone had there shot at me if they liked. Not cool. I tried to block this post , but you unblocked it . I feel if i started the post i could delete if i liked. I thought this was over but it goes on and on and on. Dear GOD! STOP
Have a nice life, and happy hunting to all that understand that i was not in any way out of line. I will remove myself from this site and move on.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38272.msg236741.html#msg236741

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 08:47:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Tamitoys
I feel this matter was not handled in an adult way.

We have a lot of experience at this moderating business. Your post was never the issue so stop sounding like a crybaby. The person who came along and argued that people dying happened everywhere and that it should not be an issue of concern is the one who earned the comments. He actually wished a hurricane on his favorite stomping ground just so he could do better at treasure hunting. When he was asked about the death toll, he sounded more than a bit ghoulish. That's the story here.

I'm truly sorry that you feel as you do. Your sensitivity probably serves you well but if you cannot see the callous disregard to those here who don't like to see others leaping up and down in a joyful manner when discussing the tragic events of a half a million displaced people and 70+ dead, then perhaps you really are in the wrong place. I hope you stay. If you don't, I wish you well and I hope you find a place where death and joy mix to your liking.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38272.msg236742.html#msg236742

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline TamitoysTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

315.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F2 Whites MXT  Minelab Excalibur II
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2012, 09:15:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

btw my first post was before sandy even hit. How was i to know there would be such a death toll.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38272.msg236744.html#msg236744

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 09:41:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Tamitoys
btw my first post was before sandy even hit. How was i to know there would be such a death toll.

I understand and am NOT BLAMING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your post was NEVER the problem. The offensive posts were removed by some moderator other than me but they were there in this very thread. Please, do stop taking this personal. I just don't get it at all. Where has ANYONE made you feel as if this is your fault? I have gone out of my way to avoid doing that because YOU (Tamitoys) ARE NOT THE ONE at fault. You are not to blame if someone else comes along and derails your innocent comments.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38272.msg236747.html#msg236747

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Gold Finger
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-trac, xt 705,
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 04:22:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Obviously I am new to this forum, but happen to detect mainly on beaches and to be honest I would very much like a storm to hit my local area, purely for the great detecting which would follow on.  I have read this thread really carefully, but for the life of me cannot see the problem with the posts.  Forums are here for debating in a fair and balanced way.  It just seems wrong what has occurred here.  I will watch for replies, but if I'm deleted for speaking my mind, I'll bid you fair-well and great hunting, especially to fellow beach detectorists everywhere.     

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38272.msg236770.html#msg236770

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 04:53:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Gold Finger
I have read this thread really carefully, but for the life of me cannot see the problem with the posts.

One of the moderators (not me though) removed the offending posts. Thus, you will never see them. But fear not, we are ever vigilant.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38272.msg236772.html#msg236772

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2012, 09:03:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Tamitoy I have no clue why you got so upset and combated over this thread but your acting like a spoiled kid you need to grow up and act like an adult if you wish to be treated like one. Once a topic is started they often take on a life of their own most time a mod can and will step in and try to keep it on topic  but sometimes that does not work. Rich posted some things that do not belong here are on any forum in my opinion and it got deleted by whom I don't know are care just glad its gone. TH Jim decided he was going to be the champion for free speech after never posting a thing of interest on this forum and only having 2 post internet troll he got muted so be it no lose that I can see. Gold Finger is trying to follow in his foot steps again no big deal if he leaves he has posted nothing of interest about treasure hunting. You on the other hand have, and we consider you a valued and respected member here and would hate to lose you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38272.msg236789.html#msg236789

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2012, 02:07:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi  Tamitoys

Let me set the record straight here, I muted  TH Jim for the sake of preventing a trouble maker the chance of making trouble. I warned him and he did not get the message, Too bad. You on the other hand are going on about nothing to do, why don't you just get over it?  (no one is blaming you for any thing)  Seldom has given you some good pointers and GD told you loud and clear, You are not to blamed.

Hope that you will drop the subject.
HH Xavier

Grin Grin Just received a PM from TH Jim Here is what it said.

You don't get me do you!?

I've already recieved a warning and ignored it - you can shove yours up your egotistical, meglamaniacal, fascist little arse!! No suprise really - you being a white south african, what's up - not allowed to take your frustrations out on the Kaffas any more???

The reason I've not posted much here is because basically this forum is crap. Now that it is evident that it is also totalitarian and anti democratic i wish to have no part of it, as i suspect will many others. You'll have a great forum when most of the members have been driven away because they're to worried to speak their minds for fear of being apprehended by you and your gestapo friends! Have fun twat face. bye

And he cant even do a spell check before posting   Clapp

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38272.msg236838.html#msg236838

Xavier

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 02:15:46 pm by xavier »

So many questions so little time

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: