[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bobby bridge
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

235.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F 5
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 11:53:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by ungo13
Is there a detector that can detect crystals and different mineral types, and if so what is the price range on that, thanks Smiley

Some folks realy beleive in Dowising, and it's said that 2/3rds of folks have the sence I stoped and listened.
check it out.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowsing

Just wondering why I am a pull tab. Undecided

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19527.msg148021.html#msg148021

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:56:33 pm by bobby bridge »

Be safe out there folks.

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 12:11:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

If you give an average detector to a good detectorist, and give a great detector to an average detectorist, and i'd put my money
on the first bloke, just find a machine that suits you and become very good with it then you will be ready to step up that hi tech
ladder, and you will bring home the bacon

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19527.msg148024.html#msg148024

Offline bobby bridge
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

235.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F 5
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 12:44:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

auminesweeper
Not to sound smart, But I bet, if you gave the beginner the best detector and taught him to use it and said, Now I'll give you a briefing and I'm gonna put you in a field and the only steeps you can make are on US Dimes and better I bet he will listen and learn.
I bet that fella is gonna come out a winner.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19527.msg148034.html#msg148034

Be safe out there folks.

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 01:38:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well  i can hold my own with most people and machines but it did come and bite me on the back side, and it's never like thay say
and i've owned the best and sold em, make one mistake on a program and at a new place and you will always be wondering if you
had the right settins, the areas i hunt are very high in junk and with 3000yrs of metal working going on in the area and it wil test   your skill to the max not to mention the machines abilities and thats why the best machines fall short
the past two years i've seen 1 coin come off a certain field and thats all, in nine days there i found 3 lots of gold, 4 silver coins 18 bronze coins ,1 locket ,1 broach and 22 buttons and the button off a pocket watch, and then i bought the latest all singing all dancing
machines and it was just useless there so i sold it within weeks, and it's not that i did'nt give the machine a chance or i did'nt know what i was doing, it's because i knew how the machine was struggling that told me it had to go so i bought another machine that can cope with these type of conditions, the ability to diagnose whats going on under the coil is what every detectorist should learn before they go on to their next machine. and when you master that, it's like riding a bike, once you learn it you will never forget it, and then it's just a matter of finding a brand that works for you and stickin with it

Posted on: February 23, 2011, 01:24:02 AM
Learnin the sounds and concentration are something you cant pick up in a day with those fancy machine so i'd have to disagree
every two to three hours you should stop for 10 --15 minutes and have a break because you will loose concentration levels and your mind starts to drift on subjects why you not finding anything, have i got the right coil on, then you start thinking about if you using the right program etc etc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19527.msg148042.html#msg148042

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: