[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 03:03:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Bill, I think I did mention one where the treasure was recovered. But, this was just a land owners cache at 22 feet, worth $200,000, or so.  And there are others but certainly, not a major Treasure trove that I speak of.

Major Treasure Recovery operations are expensive. Certainly beyond my means.

Since this forum is about Black box technoligies, here is a website link to an early customer of mine. I can't comment one way or another about it because I wasn't there.

Maybe  it's just another of those tales that are in the Thomas Terry, treasure atlas, where a a Frequency Discriminator, (MFD)  was used in the search, and the author is making up the rest of the story??   Dell

LINK:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,204.msg904.html#msg904

« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 03:15:52 pm by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline dowserbillTopic starter
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

306.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 03:40:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dell, back I can't remember how many years I was contacted by a group of people to go to NM and do some black box searching for them! I told them No so they wanted to rent my unit, it was a Cochran unit. So a couple of the guys came to my home in KC and I showed them how to use it they gave me some good money to rent the unit. After that is turned out to be a comedy. They all got to NM by airplane and took wife's kids and when they got off the airplane one of the kids starting yelling we are going treasure hunting. Well they located where the treasure was but need digging equipment. So a couple stayed anmd the others went to locate digging equipment, Now it get;s even crazier!! When the ones left to secure digging equipment the guys that stayed had already made arrangements for digging equipment and it came in! Well one of the guys that went to secure digging equipment had a cousing that was a judge and no one knew that he was hidding in the hills watching as his cousin went to secure digging equipment. So end of this crazy story NO one git the treasure if there ever was any. This was told to me by one of the guys that lives in Arizona that was one of the investers byt at the site. He told me this over the phone and my Ex wife was on another phone listening. It sounded like a wild movie. I left names out for a good reason!  Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,204.msg916.html#msg916

Offline Tim_Williams
As seen on the History Channel "Decoded"
Bronze Member

Arc-Geo Logger!
As seen on the History Channel "Decoded"
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

958.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 03:03:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Bill that happened to me in Mexico. I was followed. Another LRL dealer told me he saw pictures of me and heard recording made from long distance while we were on sites! Someone had me followed. It was after that about a month I was told someone recovered 3 pots of very small Mexican gold coins at one of the spots we were at. I was told I was standing on top of the coin at one time.

We did not have a metal detector that worked. We did not bring our own and were told they would have one. One that did not work! To make a long story short the coin were bought by this same dealer. How do I know this? He told me everything I just told you.

He told me he recieved a phone call from the guys watching me and they asked HIM what they should do? Now why would they do that? He was the only person I told where and what days I was flying in to Mexico.

We still talk and are friends but still I wonder.

Tim

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,204.msg929.html#msg929

Regards, Tim

Bringing metal detectors into the world of imaging!

Please Register or Login

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 11:55:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Maybe it's just American laziness for grunt labor, or reliance on bank vaults and technology but new generations just can't seem to accept that past generations  would store  their valuables deep underground.

I replied to this comment on another forum.
Quote:Posted by {author}
But Who in their Right Mind would Dig 30 Feet or more to Bury Anything ?
Who in their right mind would want to  bury a large treasure shallow,  if they had the opportunity & resources to conceal it deep underground, or under water???  Why wouldn't anyone, or any government,  in their right mind conceive elaborate Booby traps, to protect  their vaulted Treasures Huh?

Heck, we used to dig  dirt cellars 20 feet underground just to store our canning goods, potatoes , etc.  We would stay in the  dirt cellar during  storms. It was not uncommon to dig a cistern 30-40 feet deep by hand, to store water.   Wells, were dug even deeper. We would dig an 8 foot deep hole just to set the outhouse over.

We dug up a wheel barrow buried 60 feet deep in North Carolina.  We dug a Spanish alter and artifacts 30 feet deep in Texas.  Gold Bars were recovered at 25 feet. 

I was present when 5 locals dug a property owners cache of Gold coins in the Carribbean, 18 feet deep, at night using candle light.

I can cite at least 50 very deep Treasure Troves.  I would consider 15-30 feet as reasonable  depths for most major Troves buried in the U.S prior to 1860.  I wish I could, but  I haven't been able to Dowse very many Mom & Pop caches which would be  within the depth limits of conventional metal detectors.  Dell

{alt}

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,204.msg1252.html#msg1252
http://www.treasureamerica.com/photo/wheelb.JPG

« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 02:50:12 pm by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: