[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dign4itTopic starter
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« on: June 03, 2010, 08:43:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

There are many stories about Jesse James, unfortunately, most of them are hogwash.  The following information is based on what we have found at actual Jesse James treasure room sites, as well as information found while doing in-depth research.  This information will "pick-up" the "duties" of Jesse as it pertains to the treasure rooms that were created in order to finance and arm the men that would partake in the "Second Civil War."

#1)  There are many treasures that are attributed to Jesse James, but there is one fact that came screaming out at us as we progressed through several of his treasure sites:  Jesse James did not take part in creating all of these treasure rooms, he was something like a "Regional Supervisor."  Many of you have read Bob Brewer's book which explains the job of the Sentinel.  A Sentinel was someone who lived near a known treasure room and was a part of the "family."  This member would protect a particular treasure room, and make sure that it was not tampered with.  He was a sentinel (they still exist today).
  Jesse's job, on the other hand, required him to ride from treasure room to treasure room (from state to state), and take an inventory of all the rooms within his assigned area (yes, he knew EXACTLY what should be in the room) and "take care" of any discrepancies.  In other words, Jesse was more of a "Regional Supervisor", making sure that all of the treasure rooms under his command were unmolested.  If a Sentinels treasure room didn't contain what was listed on the manifest....he died.  This is one reason why you might find a skeleton as you dig into the covered opening of a treasure room tunnel...it's to warn you!!  Jesse had, even in HIS day, a reputation.  He could be a friend when you followed the rules...his face would also be the last face you saw on this Earth if you crossed the "family."

#2)  It appears that most, if not all, of these mid-west treasure rooms were buried near towns and counties that would join the South if this second Civil War were a success for the South.  It is also clear that these treasure rooms were established near the county seats, or, the county courthouse.  In one area of Iowa, there is a county containing seven (7) of these treasure rooms.  The reason for having so many rooms was two-fold.  First, by having more treasure rooms you never put "all your eggs in one basket."  Secondly, the number "7" allows for the "layout" of these rooms into a certain formation that is common to the family.

#3)  On several occasions, the money contained in these treasure rooms was used to start-up a new business that the family would control...a bank, for example.  While it is well known that Jesse robbed banks, it is possible that, at least in a few cases, banks were robbed because they were not "giving back" the agreed upon percentage of their intake (we are still researching this fact).

#4)  Every treasure room we have found existed in a wooded area with a running creek or river nearby. (Again, this is in the mid-west)

In closing out Part One, I want to mention the fact that the elders within a community can, and will be, your most important lead.  Ask them if Jesse happened to be in the area.  In one case, the facts put Jesse in a specific area, not once, but on several occasions over several years.  This should send up a red flag, especially if that area is wooded and has a creek or river nearby.  The number one sign to look for is the "bent-tree."  But, at the very least, comb the area, looking at all the bigger trees for carved symbols.
  We are not sure how often Jesse made his way through the middle states in order to do an inventory on all rooms.  He would ride to a specific area, at ANY time, if he had information that a Sentinel may be taking money from a treasure room.  Other than that, it appears to have been every two years, or there abouts.
  The middle states of America is NOT the only area where these "Jesse James" treasure rooms can be found.  He learned his "trade" while in the Civil War, and we will discuss thatchapter of Jesse's life in Part Two.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15280.msg97962.html#msg97962

Offline bomber
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5229.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 08:51:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

seems like that would be a full time job

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15280.msg97964.html#msg97964

dreams of the young are the regrets of old

Offline foolsgold
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

995.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 09:14:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

very interesting...have not heard this take on it yet, will be anxious to hear more
thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15280.msg97967.html#msg97967

Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 10:13:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

There is more to this story than what I've written.  I only hit the high points and, even then, cannot reveal all of what we know at this time.
  Bomber, I know what you mean by a full time job.  There are dozens (if not hundreds) of these sites that were in Jesse's care.  Realize, too, that he did not work alone, he got by "with a little help from his friends." 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15280.msg97976.html#msg97976

Offline bomber
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5229.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 10:19:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

don't know that much about JJ and the gang,i see you mention that they still exist(sentinals)......what are they watching and why wait?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15280.msg97977.html#msg97977

Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 11:10:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Bomber,
  It's was a long time ago, but I once wrote a topic (on a different forum) about the fact that, when it comes to these types of treasure rooms, that there is no such thing as "lost treasure."  The "family" knows exactly where they are, and they also know exactly what's in them. Hence, the reason for the continued watching by the sentinels.
  Would you establish a treasure room and then allow its location to forgotten about through time?  I sure wouldn't.  And neither has the "family."

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15280.msg97985.html#msg97985

Offline bomber
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5229.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 11:17:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

i get what u mean about not forgetting but at this point whos watching?and again what are they waiting for?..........just trying understand not trying to stir the pot or cause a debate,thanks 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15280.msg97986.html#msg97986

Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 11:50:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Bomber,
  You ask a great question.  To be honest, many of these rooms have already been cleaned out, others are being cleaned out even as we speak....but don't expect to hear about it. 
  There has been a continual "cleaning out" of these rooms, not just in America, but all around the world.
  There will be a book released in the future (not written by me so I can't say too much about it) that proves this very point.
  As I stated, these are NOT lost treasures.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15280.msg97992.html#msg97992

Offline bomber
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5229.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 11:57:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

thanks bud,can you take a shot at what these rooms hold?silver and gold i'm guessing?can't speak for others but if my family was watching a "treasure room"that was over 100 years old..........well lets just say ole'bomber wouldn't be sitting in chicago right now

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15280.msg97994.html#msg97994

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 12:02:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Can ole'bomber say Tahiti

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15280.msg97995.html#msg97995

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: