[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 ... 1185   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #10290 on: December 13, 2015, 08:21:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Guys, stop this nonsense. Yet again we have a knee jerk reaction to something I wrote. Yes, when you push the Facebook button here it DOES go on your Facebook page. There's nothing at all wrong with that save for one thing. If your intention is to bring attention to Dollywood, you are wasting your time since the discussion here is about all sorts of things. I said that if you want to applaud or support Dollywood, you should find their (Dollywood's) Facebook page and Like it there. Simple and much more effective.

If you want to help bring treasure hunters to this forum, you should Like other topics where treasure is discussed.

Now, Karl, Cache and everyone else, knock it off. This ART topic is being used correctly but if you Like it on Facebook, you will point out on Facebook how LITTLE we discuss treasure here. If that is your desire, go for it. Nobody can or should stop you. This nonsense has GOT to stop. I am a moderator here and I know what I am dong. I run 6 (yes, count them) forums JUST like this one and we often have off topic discussions there as well. Not a problem. It's a natural thing for discussions to do.

Posted on: December 14, 2015, 04:19:15 am
And there you have it. The Dollywood Express has its own fan page on Facebook.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=dollywood%20express

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg305328.html#msg305328

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #10291 on: December 13, 2015, 08:27:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Guys, stop this nonsense. Yet again we have a knee jerk reaction to something I wrote. Yes, when you push the Facebook button here it DOES go on your Facebook page. There's nothing at all wrong with that save for one thing. If your intention is to bring attention to Dollywood, you are wasting your time since the discussion here is about all sorts of things. I said that if you want to applaud or support Dollywood, you should find their (Dollywood's) Facebook page and Like it there. Simple and much more effective.

If you want to help bring treasure hunters to this forum, you should Like other topics where treasure is discussed.

Now, Karl, Cache and everyone else, knock it off. This ART topic is being used correctly but if you Like it on Facebook, you will point out on Facebook how LITTLE we discuss treasure here. If that is your desire, go for it. Nobody can or should stop you. This nonsense has GOT to stop. I am a moderator here and I know what I am dong. I run 6 (yes, count them) forums JUST like this one and we often have off topic discussions there as well. Not a problem. It's a natural thing for discussions to do.

Please Register or Login

I think you might of missed the point I was making?? it was a general comment that we should ALWAYS put things of interest I their own thread so it is easier to find them when in need, I have no interest in face book and personally I would not have it here, but others are in to that sort of thing so that is a useful tool for them which is kind of Cool.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg305329.html#msg305329

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #10292 on: December 13, 2015, 08:35:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sometimes it is, RR, but other times the people on Facebook get annoyed with people for overdoing it. You get people who constantly post prayers asking for an "Amen" with every post. You get people who challenge you to post a picture of some poor disabled or disfigured child on your own Facebook page to show you care and say, "Ignore if you don't care." Like anything in this world, it can be and often is abused. When the suggestion came to Like a post here that had to do with Dollywood, I made my comment because it would definitely not bring attention to Dollywood. That's not what the Like button here does. It brings attention to the entire topic since the forum software link is to show the discussion from the start. Just so people are not left out as they read it.

As you say, you'd have to have a Facebook account to see it in action. On one of my forums, we tried it but soon took it off. Social media is a far different beast to a forum. On Facebook, people get annoyed sometimes if their posts don't instantly get attention. No kidding.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg305331.html#msg305331

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #10293 on: December 13, 2015, 08:45:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

From all the press and things I have seen about FB over here I just don't want to have anything to do with it, Kids have topped them selves because of being bullied etc and lord knows what else has happened So I just won't entertain it,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg305332.html#msg305332

Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

NOT INGAGING IN IGNORANCE IS WISDOM
Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Troy Shadow's,  X2, X2 and X3
« Reply #10294 on: December 13, 2015, 10:01:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Please Register or Login

Gezzzzzzzzzzz.......I was simply asking "what happens when you click on the FB button" thats all! I had NO intentions clicking on it nor posting anything from here or this forum what so ever on FB. GD you must of read something that was'nt there. I was not going to FB any post about Dollywood or anything else from here. good day,

Posted on: December 13, 2015, 09:39:47 pm
Sometimes it is, RR, but other times the people on Facebook get annoyed with people for overdoing it. You get people who constantly post prayers asking for an "Amen" with every post. You get people who challenge you to post a picture of some poor disabled or disfigured child on your own Facebook page to show you care and say, "Ignore if you don't care." Like anything in this world, it can be and often is abused. When the suggestion came to Like a post here that had to do with Dollywood, I made my comment because it would definitely not bring attention to Dollywood. That's not what the Like button here does. It brings attention to the entire topic since the forum software link is to show the discussion from the start. Just so people are not left out as they read it.

As you say, you'd have to have a Facebook account to see it in action. On one of my forums, we tried it but soon took it off. Social media is a far different beast to a forum. On Facebook, people get annoyed sometimes if their posts don't instantly get attention. No kidding.
Where was it that a suggestion came to like a post here that had to do with Dollywood? If you are referring to me, you got it all wrong. When I asked about the FB button, it had NOTHING to do with Dollywood or any other post here on this forum. Just wanted to know what the FB did. My post just  happened to fall in between the conversation is all.

Posted on: December 13, 2015, 09:48:01 pm
I do NOT know what GD is getting so riled up about...I simply asked....what do's the FB button do? Had Nothing to do With any post's.......

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg305345.html#msg305345

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Seconds Of Madness   Monster Munch   Military Snow  
Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 47.0.2526.83
Chrome 47.0.2526.83

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #10295 on: December 13, 2015, 10:05:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well as usual the only way I see GD'S posts is if someone quotes them. 
Christian already knows were not linking to Facebook unless it's treasure connected.
Cache asked a question and he got an answer,  same for John he asked a question and i answered him.
Nothing more nothing less. I gave updates about Dollywood because i knew John and Bill were interested
And John is not on Facebook.
But once again you made this something  it's not.
I'll write Christian and explain my side of it . Cause I know you will tell him what you think.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg305346.html#msg305346

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #10296 on: December 13, 2015, 10:11:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I am not sure either But I think it is just a case of crossed purposes, and speed reading and the true meaning of the post gets lost in Translation, I know I have done it enough times my self,

Anyway I think that button alerts FB users that there are post here containing words that someone there might be searching for and if it is linked to your profile there and someone clicks on it It will bring them here, Ok

not to worry Mate Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg305347.html#msg305347

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 47.0.2526.83
Chrome 47.0.2526.83

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #10297 on: December 13, 2015, 10:17:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It's cool. I already wrote Christian.
If you like a message it actually shows up on your newsfeed on Facebook so all your friends will see you liked a message here.
I did it once just to check it out.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg305348.html#msg305348

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #10298 on: December 13, 2015, 10:19:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I dug out a Rockabilly Album from the 50s and it is Really Rockin Kiss Kiss Kiss

It's one of those Albums where the feet won't keep still Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg305349.html#msg305349

Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

NOT INGAGING IN IGNORANCE IS WISDOM
Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Troy Shadow's,  X2, X2 and X3
« Reply #10299 on: December 13, 2015, 10:21:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Heck I ain't worried ridge and thanks for clearing it up you guys. I just wish folk's would'nt try to read between the lines and assume something that is not there...Don't shake your boots off Ridge listening to the album!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg305351.html#msg305351

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:22:27 pm by cache »

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Seconds Of Madness   Monster Munch   Military Snow  
Print
Pages:  1 ... 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 ... 1185   Go Up
Jump to: