[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 ... 1185   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #5020 on: June 26, 2011, 06:03:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I am planning !!!  The thing I do not like is many camera models are they are not internet and e-mail friendly , they have close to a 1 megabyte image size per photo . A crystal clear 100 kilobyte or less would be ideal . I thought Kodak had a dual output that had 1 meg and 240k for each photo when you hooked the usb cable up to a PC . Unless it was the HP photo software that did that ?

So , our forum below says 20480 kb limit per post which should be 20.480 mb right ? Plenty of room !!!     Great

HH.............Eugene

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg184025.html#msg184025

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline OkletseeTopic starter
A.R.T.
Bronze Member

A.R.T.
Thank you66

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2385.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug SE, Tracker IV
« Reply #5021 on: June 26, 2011, 07:57:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Eugene, no offense taken!  I locked the thread and then I check in and find another page has been added....no less than by our favorite mods themselves!  Ha!   

I think part of what happened was it was WINTER and none of us had anything to do but hang out here in chit chat and everything else. I certainly don't have the time to be indoors any more.   What if we opened up a thread called the Coffee Shop in chit chat so everyone could stop by with their cup of coffee or tea and leave a random thought or respond to someone else's.  No reference to a special group or having to join anything.  Just a Coffee Shop for metal Detectorists.  It is not fool proof because it will go on forever in randomness, but it would satisfy the need to just drop by and say hi to everyone.  A moderator could pluck any important stuff out and put it where it belonged so that only casual fellowship and randomness remained.   What to you guys think?  Start over fresh.  Sorry Seldom, this doesn't solve the issue you talked about, but dang-it, some times I just want to come here and say hi to you guys...I don't have anything important to say.  Just an idea.  You all decide.  I closed the thread.  That was my only solution.  I'll come around later to see what's up.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg184041.html#msg184041

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5022 on: June 26, 2011, 08:04:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Okletsee
up a thread called the Coffee Shop in chit chat so everyone could stop by with their cup of coffee or tea and leave a random thought or respond to someone else's.

Once again this is a treasure site not a chat room if you feel the need to say HI to people go join a chat room.
Just an idea.  You all decide.  I closed the thread.  That was my only solution.

Here is the solution try talking treasure and not what you had for lunch.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg184046.html#msg184046

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 08:05:50 pm by seldom »

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline OkletseeTopic starter
A.R.T.
Bronze Member

A.R.T.
Thank you66

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2385.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug SE, Tracker IV
« Reply #5023 on: June 26, 2011, 10:09:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Seldom: Right.  I think I knew you wouldn't go for it.  But what I had for lunch is allowed in "chit chat and everything else".  And if my lunch set badly with me, I can complain about it in "a shoulder to cry on".  If my lunch changed my life, I can write about it in the religion section.  I'm trying to come up with something that would be more inclusive and easier to regulate.  Its human nature to converse with those you associate with.   So I'm guessing you wouldn't want to moderate that thread?  Just kidding, don't be upset.  You actually have a good point, if that were the way it was.  But as long as banter is allowed, it is allowed.  So Seldom votes no.  Who else?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg184071.html#msg184071

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #5024 on: June 26, 2011, 10:32:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Okletsee, this thread has contained treasure hunting information. Why was it posted here?

Can't have it both ways, you know.

The discussion about contests should have been in the Contest forum. This thread, while starting out humorous, was also about metal detecting, not random chat. Somewhere along the line that random chat concept became the mantra of defense. Must we constantly remind you that Chit Chat is NOT a chat room? Chat rooms are real time, typing exchanges not message forums. This is a FORUM. Look it up. Chit Chat is also not intended to be a primary activity but one that is a last resort when something you must say about TREASURE HUNTING (reminder - this forum is about TREASURE) simply won't fit anywhere else.

This is NOT a lunch forum or a bedtime notification forum. We don't have one of those.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg184072.html#msg184072

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5025 on: June 26, 2011, 11:07:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

But what I had for lunch is allowed in "chit chat and everything else".  And if my lunch set badly with me, I can complain about it in "a shoulder to cry on".  If my lunch changed my life, I can write about it in the religion section.

Go ahead you about to be on the outside looking in anyway.

The chit chat and sub boards are for regular to discuss things of interest Okletsee you have never been a member you have 390 post 320 of them are in this thread you have never been involved in any treasure discussion in this forum your only interest is to cause trouble.
You do what you want but this is not a chat room and you will not do anymore damage here. Let this thread die and go talk treasure on the treasure boards or move on to facebook

Seldom

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg184082.html#msg184082

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:09:55 pm by seldom »

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5026 on: June 27, 2011, 08:19:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Has it really been TWO WEEKS already?. my my

This thread just ain't for 4 or 5 people or a select few, coz theres been
31 people posting on this thread 8 of which are moderators that leaves 23 members
+ 2 moderators coz they were members when this first started with a grand total of 25 members using this place,
you guys have got what you wanted so stop digging up the corpse.

Posted on: June 27, 2011, 08:07:48 AM
Quote:Posted by seldom
Here is the solution try talking treasure and not what you had for lunch

?

Posted on: June 27, 2011, 08:14:15 AM
Quote:Posted by seldom
Go ahead you about to be on the outside looking in anyway.

Do You know what a nice guy he is

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg184123.html#msg184123

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:25:08 am by Ridge Runner »
Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Sov XS, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Fisher 1280-X, Compass XP Pro
« Reply #5027 on: June 27, 2011, 09:40:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

and heres to hitting a few decent size nuggets in those placer areas your beginning to search.

Great

Jim

A new title?  How about GOLD RECOVERY TECHNICIAN.  That's what I'm talkin 'bout.

Here is a pic of my first hot rock find while I was out detecting for gold.  It sent my Goldbug to Whackyville, but now I know how to read the signal after brushing up in my owner's manual.

Posted on: June 23, 2011, 05:49:11 PM
As I predicted, the ART thread has gone to sleep and will soon slip into a coma.  I fear the end is near.  Don't worry, we won't let it suffer.  It shall feel no pain in the end.  I will simply wait until it is asleep for several days and then I will lock it forever.  Farewell, silly old friend.

Posted on: June 27, 2011, 09:38:33 AM
and see if theres a deposit of 22K on the inside!

Hey ya never know,  Grin
Jim

Quote:Posted by homefire
Not Asleep!  Just Dormant.

The whole site has gone semi Dorment this week.

I find these HOT rocks all the time here.

{alt}

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg184128.html#msg184128
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo160/berquistj/cube3.jpg

Best Regards,
Jim

Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5028 on: June 27, 2011, 10:46:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

I've been under the weather lately, and came into the Art thread to post a reply to "Okletsee  & homefire"
on there golden & hot discoveries, and before I could proof read and tweak my reply to them both in a single reply, I was cut off at the knees (which I don't appreciate BTW, lol since I'm 6'4" tall) and prevented me from finishing my reply to you gentleman.

I guess I lost track of what Gold panning info I was going to ask you guys about now?

Oh well, its good to see you  guys and hope to be back later!

Cheers eh,  Great
Jim

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Topic Locked!

Hey stop messing with my posts I did not type topic locked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg184155.html#msg184155

Best Regards,
Jim

Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5029 on: November 16, 2011, 10:48:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Gents,

I've been away for awhile and tried to catch up on this thread, but it's kid of tough to do & I didn't know if it was locked or not, so I pulled
out a Magic key I found on the beach detecting & tried it in the lock & walla, the door opened!  Grin

Anyway, just hope you all have been well and that everyones been getting along okay.  Pray

Have a great summer T'Hunting!  Wink

Jimmy

Posted on: July 16, 2011, 12:07:50 AM
Hello faithful members and fellow ART detectorist at large!

I've been down under the SEA for so long, I had to surface for a breath of fresh AIR and recently found a treasure chest full of golden KEYS, so wanted to try one of Davie Jones keys and hey it worked and turned the tumbler and opened the door... Grin

How you Aluminum Recovery Technicians doing these days?

Cheers and hope to see you guys all back here posting whats new,  Great

Jim

Posted on: November 15, 2011, 10:20:40 PM

Welcome
The ART thread is now open again & back in business!

Lets start this off on a good positive note, one that has to do with treasure hunting and or what finds you've made this Summer with your detector, and what research you've done to find any new Aluminum Crash sites?

I had an early find in upstate NY, right in Fulton County in our historical Colonial & Civil War ship out encampment areas, and found it with the Fisher 1266X after about 1.5 hrs of swinging and digging some unusual signals that turned out being iron-based slag from early wood & coal stoves. The find was an early "Civil War Token" that dates to 1863 and is in very nice uncorroded condition which was protected from the type of dirt was in the area and the lack of moisture from being protected naturally from the areas geography. The signal from the (Fisher 1266X) was a rounded positive and buzzing broken but repeatable signal, kind of weird as its usually not mixed like that and tends to be iron mixed, so I dug it and made the find which no doubt has some nice bronze content from the color and texture of the Token...(The camera is messed up, but I will post pics of this token shortly as a new camera is en route)

So far, that has been my earliest Coin/token find, and I was thrilled to dig it!

Welcome back guys, and thanks Christian!  Great
Jim

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg201810.html#msg201810

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:02:33 pm by Poseidon-Jim »

Best Regards,
Jim

Print
Pages:  1 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 ... 1185   Go Up
Jump to: