[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 ... 1185   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #9910 on: November 11, 2015, 06:45:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have some data from around 10 years ago from a fellow over in the UK who was too feeble to get into the muck to prospect. He's gone now and I need to dredge up my backup tape from back then to find his documentation. I never thought I'd use it so didn't archive it close by. He sent me a couple of 10 gram nuggets to Australia from his site which I still have packed away here. I'm not too lazy to unpack. It's just the sheer amount of things. We moved here with two 40 foot containers of goods. About 1/3 remains still sealed.

From memory, the land is being used for sheep, cows and horses as pasture. Crown land with no fences and absolutely no vehicle access. But he panned for gold, found enough to make a living from and kept it close to the vest, only sharing the location with around a dozen of us close friends. He used to wear a tam. The only guy I ever knew who did that. He lived in Western Australia when I met him and he passed away around 5 years ago. We'd hunt together over there doing the beaches and tot lots. Sometimes when he got excited, he was completely unintelligible to me. He'd speak and it might as well have been Martian. When I found a nice diamond ring at the beach he nearly choked he was so excited. Coffee after a good day was always the best.

We had a mutual friend who suffered from birth anoxia. Probably around 40% disabled from it but had such an eye for treasure. We called him Hubcap because he could never pass one by when he was driving. His house was overflowing with them. When I found a Jaguar radiator cap, it was his turn to go weak at the knees. We were a day trip trio.

When I locate my data, I will send it to you. I'm beyond thinking about that kind of trip any more.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg303996.html#msg303996

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #9911 on: November 11, 2015, 06:56:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
I have some data from around 10 years ago from a fellow over in the UK who was too feeble to get into the muck to prospect. He's gone now and I need to dredge up my backup tape from back then to find his documentation. I never thought I'd use it so didn't archive it close by. He sent me a couple of 10 gram nuggets to Australia from his site which I still have packed away here. I'm not too lazy to unpack. It's just the sheer amount of things. We moved here with two 40 foot containers of goods. About 1/3 remains still sealed.

From memory, the land is being used for sheep, cows and horses as pasture. Crown land with no fences and absolutely no vehicle access. But he panned for gold, found enough to make a living from and kept it close to the vest, only sharing the location with around a dozen of us close friends. He used to wear a tam. The only guy I ever knew who did that. He lived in Western Australia when I met him and he passed away around 5 years ago. We'd hunt together over there doing the beaches and tot lots. Sometimes when he got excited, he was completely unintelligible to me. He'd speak and it might as well have been Martian. When I found a nice diamond ring at the beach he nearly choked he was so excited. Coffee after a good day was always the best.

We had a mutual friend who suffered from birth anoxia. Probably around 40% disabled from it but had such an eye for treasure. We called him Hubcap because he could never pass one by when he was driving. His house was overflowing with them. When I found a Jaguar radiator cap, it was his turn to go weak at the knees. We were a day trip trio.

When I locate my data, I will send it to you. I'm beyond thinking about that kind of trip any more.

Sounds like a close knit Crew, Great

I have winter coming on here soon and they just forecast 80+mph winds for a week or two, But when I sort that camper out I will be heading up that way, I think March should be a good time and that gives me enough leeway to get things together, I want to put a good solid 4 or 5 months none stop in to this and If I cover the Gas money then all is well.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg303998.html#msg303998

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #9912 on: November 11, 2015, 07:07:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'll make it a focus to find my backup tapes (yes, I was using tape backups at that time) and dig out the treasure leads and prospecting leads. My friend's name was John and he suffered from black lung after having worked the coal and peat mines for a lifetime. He retired to Australia where it was much drier and easier for him to breathe. Doctor's orders so he got a free trip over. Any sign of a cough sent him to hospital. He was completely computer illiterate but what a craftsman. He could make anything! I have some digital voice recordings somewhere too. I should have that on m oral history DVD. Mostly aboriginal elders on that but John's story should also be there. Mostly about his life. Probably nothing about his secret place.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg303999.html#msg303999

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #9913 on: November 11, 2015, 07:15:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
I'll make it a focus to find my backup tapes (yes, I was using tape backups at that time) and dig out the treasure leads and prospecting leads. My friend's name was John and he suffered from black lung after having worked the coal and peat mines for a lifetime. He retired to Australia where it was much drier and easier for him to breathe. Doctor's orders so he got a free trip over. Any sign of a cough sent him to hospital. He was completely computer illiterate but what a craftsman. He could make anything! I have some digital voice recordings somewhere too. I should have that on m oral history DVD. Mostly aboriginal elders on that but John's story should also be there. Mostly about his life. Probably nothing about his secret place.

Sounds like you need to put them on CD and a memory devise, Because a lot of my old tapes went muffled from the gamp over here and by the sound of it you have some valuable memories there.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg304000.html#msg304000

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards

« Reply #9914 on: November 11, 2015, 07:33:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

They're good quality metal oxide tapes. Most of my business records are there archived. If I find them soon, in the same box is the tape drive so I will indeed copy them to DVD or BlueRay.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg304001.html#msg304001

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

NOT INGAGING IN IGNORANCE IS WISDOM
Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Troy Shadow's,  X2, X2 and X3
« Reply #9915 on: November 11, 2015, 07:45:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Karl
Yep and all arguments have one common denominator.

Posted on: November 10, 2015, 11:41:32 pm
Well you guys have a great time I'm on the road tomorrow.
  Drive safe my friend.         And to all of you that have served our country, I thank you. Happy Veterans Day  

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg304002.html#msg304002

« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:12:26 am by cache »

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Seconds Of Madness   Monster Munch   Military Snow  
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #9916 on: November 11, 2015, 07:54:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Nothing Is more Important than support our Veterans,,, We the world Owe them So Much,

My Dad spent his 21st In Changi and another member of my family did 2 Tours of Korea and then went to Malaya Twice, They should bring back National service and turn these whinge Bags in to Men,

Men Of Honour   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg304003.html#msg304003

Offline poptop
Silver Member

Wait for the beep!
Thank you45

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3000.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Firefox 41.0
Firefox 41.0

Awards

ADSIII, ACE 250
« Reply #9917 on: November 11, 2015, 06:56:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

E's just as sick as they are, 'is 'eart is like to split,
But 'e works 'em, works 'em, works 'em till he feels 'em take the bit;
The rest is 'oldin' steady till the watchful bugles play,
An' 'e lifts 'em, lifts 'em, lifts 'em through the charge that wins the day!

Thanks to all who've served!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg304023.html#msg304023

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”  ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 46.0.2490.76
Chrome 46.0.2490.76

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #9918 on: November 11, 2015, 09:30:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by cache
  Drive safe my friend.         And to all of you that have served our country, I thank you. Happy Veterans Day  

Thanks had to visit my Mother to help her out so had to postpone our trip by a day will see how the weather holds up for tomorrow.  Jere if the weather is decent we will leave tomorrow.  See ya soon .

Posted on: November 11, 2015, 09:25:47 pm
Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Nothing Is more Important than support our Veterans,,, We the world Owe them So Much,

My Dad spent his 21st In Changi and another member of my family did 2 Tours of Korea and then went to Malaya Twice, They should bring back National service and turn these whinge Bags in to Men,

Men Of Honour   

I agree.  just like Israel every one male or female does 2 years.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg304030.html#msg304030

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards
« Reply #9919 on: November 11, 2015, 09:48:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wish we had Compulsory Military.   Two Years would work.  These Ass hole kids living off moms money would wake to hell up.   Ya I said MoMs money.  Look around and you will see the Girls are getting the Jobs.   I remember a time when My dad in the USAF was making enough to Rent a house  Feed Us enough and play MINI Golf or hit the A & W on Tuesday.  I even got .25 allowance on Friday.   That would get me a double matte'  movie on Saturday , Pop Corn and a Soda..    And a Pile of Candy in the bag on the way home.    Now if the Mother and Father don't work your screwed.      Oh, My dad was making $100.00 a month  in the USAF at said time.   He started at $75.00....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg304033.html#msg304033

Print
Pages:  1 ... 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 ... 1185   Go Up
Jump to: