[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline zul32Topic starter
Knight
Silver Member

Thank you31

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2365.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Pro
« on: March 16, 2011, 10:49:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

This year is kind of interesting... As some of you may have heard the government just passed a 3-week extension keeping federal employees on the payroll for a while longer. However, when that deadline comes due, that's going to make it April 8th... hmmm so what happens when they don't do another extension and they can't agree on the annual budget? All federal employees stay home! That's what...

So, think about this.. if they all stay home - then (hypothetically) if it continued for more than a week (past April 15th).. would all our taxes still be due on the 15th?

Have you filed/paid your taxes yet?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22102.msg154133.html#msg154133

2017 Find count
Penny- 300
Nickel- 34
Dime - 72
Quarter - 45
Half dollar - 1
dollar - 3

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 11:02:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

Wouldn't bother me if they shut the doors like a pile of people that make the money have had to do.

All Federal, State and County employees are a burden on the people that make money.  IE the Tax payers.

All these federal jobs being created are just adding to the Debet.

If they (Was We the Peoples Government ) would spend half of that money making jobs, We The People would not be in this damn miss.(

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22102.msg154140.html#msg154140

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 11:06:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yep done filed and got my $83.00 back already. ooohh yeaah gonna spend it all in one place too.

the gas station to fill up the Expedition !!   Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22102.msg154144.html#msg154144

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline Steveo
Bronze Member

dug so deep I hit #9 coal
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's M6  :   Garrett 1350 :  Coinmaster tr : Tesoro silver umax : Garrett ace 150
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 12:34:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I don't want to slam any individual that works for the government. Homefire you do have a point,or at least I think so.
Yep I have already got my taxes done 
Quote:Posted by homefire
Wouldn't bother me if they shut the doors like a pile of people that make the money have had to do.

All Federal, State and County employees are a burden on the people that make money.  IE the Tax payers.

If they (Was We the Peoples Government ) would spend half of that money making jobs, We The People would not be in this damn miss.(

Angry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22102.msg154167.html#msg154167

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 12:36:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I paid mine and i got about $1000+ back and bought more toys Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22102.msg154169.html#msg154169

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 12:41:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire

everyone wants the goverment to provide more services etc. and do more for this or that but in the same breath they complain because the govt hires more people to provide the benefits etc. go ahead and lay off all the govt employess and watch the trash pile up and the houses burn down and the crime run rampant and the bussiness to cheat the coustomers worse than they do now. just look to "Katrina" for what would happen if the govt shuts down completely city state and Fed. it would not be pretty the scum with the guns would be running things or trying too.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22102.msg154172.html#msg154172

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 01:17:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It could be interesting to watch at the very least just to see what happens or how it happens.  Either way by that point I will have already had them done.  Saturday actually.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22102.msg154177.html#msg154177

Stringfrenzy

Offline bigwater
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 01:19:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've paid less than I owe over the last year... but enough to meet the minimum requirements for quarterly filing.  I'll owe a few bucks when I finally file on April 15, but it won't be much, and I take satisfaction in knowing that I haven't given the government an interest free loan all year.

Karl, you can fill up your Expedition on $83.00?  Man... wish I could fill up my Avalanche on that.  Last time I filled it up it was $108.00  That was two weeks ago and it still has a full tank.  I parked the SOB and am taking the Harley or the Wrangler everywhere now.  My toys have become my primary form of transportation.  If things keep up, my rollerblades may have to become my primary form of transportation.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22102.msg154180.html#msg154180

Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 01:22:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Look at new york during the snow and how backed up the trash got !!
it would not be pretty if u lived in a big city . Just Sayin.

Posted on: March 16, 2011, 01:20:52 PM
Quote:Posted by bigwater
Karl, you can fill up your Expedition on $83.00?  Man... wish I could fill up my Avalanche on that.  Last time I filled it up it was $108.00 

it wasn't empty it was a little less than half a tank. I don't even want to think of what it would be like on empty !!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22102.msg154182.html#msg154182

Offline zul32Topic starter
Knight
Silver Member

Thank you31

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2365.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Pro
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 01:55:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

By the way guys.. yes I work for the government too. So, this impacts me directly. No I'm not as important as a Police officer, or Fireman, but as some of you may have pointed out.. what about things 'behind the scenes' that nobody pays attention to? Say for example the water, the sewer, the trash, etc. Things have to keep running. What about the thousands of troops that are on assignment overseas, they're obviously not just going to be shipped home, the'll still be on the payroll for sure. Which means that people sending them supplies still have to do their jobs.. it's a huge domino effect! Say for example in your tiny little town of 4,000 people a few of your traffic lights stops working. Now it becomes a 4-way stopsign by default. Fine, but over time it really gets not only annoying, but a real burden - and possibly dangerous. Who's going to fix those lights? A government worker does.

Who's going to test the drinking water we drink for contaminations? Or, if not done that way - who's going to monitor the remote contamination monitoring systems if the government shuts down? You know they have computer software that runs which dumps in a certain quantity of flouride into many of our drinking water systems? What would happen if those people working in that department just didn't show up to work?
The list goes on and on!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22102.msg154186.html#msg154186

2017 Find count
Penny- 300
Nickel- 34
Dime - 72
Quarter - 45
Half dollar - 1
dollar - 3